(Close Window)
Topic: Liquid metal
Iam working on a fork bending routeen and I am haveing major trouble cork screwing the for the peaple on the videos make it look efortless I know that they do it a lot and there hands are use to it but there has to be a better way to learn if you have any sugestions I would love to hear them thank you

big tom
Buy cheaper forks??
[quote]
On 2006-07-22 19:59, big Tom wrote:
Iam working on a fork bending routeen and I am haveing major trouble cork screwing the for the peaple on the videos make it look efortless I know that they do it a lot and there hands are use to it but there has to be a better way to learn if you have any sugestions I would love to hear them thank you

big tom
[/quote]
Exactly what kind of trouble are you having?
What instructional video do you have?

Bob
It is called liquied metal and the only problem I am haveing is the part of the routeen were you are supost to have the for cork screw in there hands I have the cheapest fork I can find but twisting them in the speedy way is giveing me a problim I thought about doing the routeen without the cork screw but to me that is the most shockin magical part of the whole thing thanks

big tom
Hi big Tom,

The issue might not be the cheapest forks but perhaps the most flexible forks. Just because it is cheap doesn't necessarily mean they will bend the easiest. Have you tried going down to a market or a discount store and tried buying a selection there and trying them?

Once you have found a particular fork that works well, you should have no problems coming back to find supplies. It is just the issue of finding them in the first place.

Another point is that whilst I don't have Liquid Metal, I do own Psychokinetic Silverware from which Morgan Strebler was given permission from Banachek to use the corksrew bend. Perhaps there may be details that aren't present within Liquid Metal that are explained within Banachek's DVD. Again, I am merely speculating as I don't have Morgan's DVD but Banachek's is quite comprehensive.
I thought about getting psychokinetic silverware is it worth it are the detials on the cork screw in liquid metal he just says how he holds it and then te dose it in lighting speed if I may ad and then talks about how simple it is to do anyway my ? is is it worth getting banachecks dvd if the onlything I am interested in is the cork screw

big tom
Hi Big Tom,

Picking up Psychokinetic Silverware (PS) would be a worthwhile investment and comes highly recommended from many seasoned practitioners. Banachek remains as one of the elites and has inspired a lot of others with his work.

With PS, you are learning from one of the best and if you compare and analyze both routines, you would find that Banachek's remains head and shoulders above it. The routine is far more direct and the techniques and psychology behind each bend are explained clearly.

His techniques have fooled both scientists and the general public time and time again.

You couldn't find a better source to learn from.
[quote]
On 2006-07-22 19:59, big Tom wrote:

big tom
[/quote]

Wow, I am not one to talk, but that is one BIGGGGG sentence! :)

I recommend the ones from Wal-Mart. Very inexpensive, and easy to bend. I don't do liquid metal, but mught take it up some time. But I did get the DVD for my friend, and watched it, and know the basic moves. The easiest explanation I can tell you is lots of hard work, and practice. Try building up you hand muscles. Good luck!
Thank for all yout help it has been great I am useing forks from wal-mart but I will see if they have ones that are easyer to bend

Wow, I am not one to talk, but that is one BIGGGGG sentence!

this is the magic Café not school!
Its a BIGGGG sentence becasue its BIIIGGGGGG TOM.
Try lifting weight Tom. Heavey sqauts always worked for me.
Shawn D
Hi BigTom,

Whilst it may not be school, by using proper grammer and spelling, it is far easier for a person to read your post and post the relevant feedback. The harder it is for someone to read, the easier it is for them to stop and ignore the post.

Regards,
Stephen
Well smorris magic some of us did not have the pleasure of spelling and grammer written in our geans some people just cant spell that well or know were to use the ?!.'": grammer I did not post this to get credisized ok so what is that famose line mothers like to use ah yes if you don't have somthing nice to say don't say anything at all
Hi BigTom,

I am not intentionally trying to critise but only advising some extra help on posting. Spelling and grammer is not born in anyone's genes but it does make it far easier to read a post - I still spent the time to read your post and reply even though it was difficult.

-Stephen
Morgan sells great forks on his site for a pretty good price. I think he may still be out of stock though.
Dominion dinner forks are the way to go. I do liquid metel and have tried many forks. Morgan is right,dominion dinner forks are the best for his routine. I wasted some good money on other cheap wal-mart forks,and none of them work as good.Also ,i had a huge problem with the twist in the fork thing to. I probley went through about 50 forks and still could'nt get it right. I finally decided to just go up to my sisters boyfriend and just do it without thinking about it and "BINGO" it worked.And works everytime now when performing it. Maybe like me you were focusing to hard,i don't know. MY advice; 'Just don't "THINK"!! Hey, It worked for me. Hope this helped. Thanks. 'Piz'
Maybe you have a weird power that makes you stronger when you're in an unconcious state

-Matt
I still believe you need to exercise your hands to achieve Liquid Metal.

Somehow, physical strength is necessary.
Hey matt,i think I am more powerful unconcious,i gotta be.LOL!! And to rmoraleta; It has nothing to do with how strong you are,it's a matter of physics,how you position the fork when you are about to do the twist,bend,etc. We all seen them men who look like 120 pound weeklings who tear phone books in half and bend 3 inch thick pipe and stuff like that. And that's exactly what one guy said who does that stuff for a living that I saw on tv,its physics,its all it the positioning of your hands and how you decide to put the twist in. You can make it harder on your self or you can make it eazyier depending on how you decide to rotate the fork. Its all in the handeling and positioning,it has nothing to do with how strong someones hands are. Thank you!! 'Piz'
Well, Piz. I know Physics for sure and I know the methods you just mentioned for strong man effects. I sell the books.

As a doctor, you still have to exercise and have that strength. I've tried different spoons and fork and not all will give the same result. Some bend easily others are hard, which will depend upon physical strength.

Same with tearing up books. It will depend upon the type of paper used and physical strength. It will be torn for sure but the time to tear it up will differ.
Rmoraleta--Well,i guess we are both right.Some strength,some physics.Combine both and you have a routine. I just know when I started to do liquid metel I was having problems getting the twist in. I thought it was because I needed to build up my hand strength,but by the end of the day I was doing it perfectly.It was in the way I positioned my hands, and in the motion I was moving my hands in when trying to bend the fork that prevented me from bending it properly. I do agree with everything you stated (i have to, I have no choice, your a doctor I'm not).Im just saying that for the people out there who are having trouble performing liquid metel,it might not be that you need to build up your hand strength (like you might think it is), it might be in the way you are handeling the routine.I am not a big guy,i am only 5'5''150 lb and have no problem performing this routine. just Practice practice practice!!!!! Thanks 'Piz'
[quote]
On 2006-07-26 12:05, big Tom wrote:
Well smorris magic some of us did not have the pleasure of spelling and grammer written in our geans some people just cant spell that well or know were to use the ?!.'": grammer I did not post this to get credisized ok so what is that famose line mothers like to use ah yes if you don't have somthing nice to say don't say anything at all
[/quote]

You could always just download something like the free Google Toolbar as it comes with a spellcheck button that checks the spelling in your posts/forms before submitting (it also has a great pop-up blocker built in). That's what I use. When I ran it before submitting this post, it found six spelling errors in the above quote that could have been fixed with six additional seconds of attention.

I don't think anyone expects perfect grammar from any of us, but with a little extra effort on your part it would make it a lot easier for everyone to understand what you are trying to say, which will help you get more appropriate and helpful responses to your posts. Also, by taking the time to write something that at least has a semblance of coherent spelling and grammar, you are demonstrating your respect of the members of this forum. By showing respect you will garner respect in kind.

I don't own Liquid Metal, but I perform the corkscrew bend that I learned in Banachek's PK Silverware, which I gather is similar to what you're talking about. I also use the forks from Walmart as they seem to be the easiest to work with, but I do the corkscrew preparation in advance of the performance. Although, from what I remember from the Liquid Metal routine, this might not be a viable option for you.
Wow Piz,be nice now. Dominion I have found to be very good to do Liquid Metal. I would go to a restaurant whole seller. Thy have tons of cheep forks and spoons you need. How my spelling???

Don
I buy my Ddominions by the case at a restaurant supply house. While on the road, I can pick them up at any Wal-Mart.

Like most tricks, the secret is very simple. This one all comes down to practice and presentation. I have found that it works best in a restaurant or bar setting. I wrap my two forks (along with knifes) in the restaurant or bar cloth napkin. I set them in a place where I can find them. I un-wrap them right in front of the spectators. Milk the effect for ten minutes and walk away. Hardly ever does anyone compare my forks to the ones in the restaurant.
The walmart that I have in my area dose nt sell the dominion any more. I have thalk to the manager and he said that they are discountinude, and they can not get them anymore. I have found some online and I am waiting for them to be delivered.
I use to get dominion dinner forks at wal-mart also till they discontinued them. Do a google search for dominion dinner forks and you can find them on there site for only $6.00 for a case of 36. About the same price wal-mart was charging. Thank you!!! 'Piz'
I really enjoy Morgan Strebler's Liquid Metal (DVD), this routine is pretty strong. The finger-strength does need to build-up a bit, but also it's really the finger-positioning you have to focus-on for the most-part when you feel like something is difficult. This is because if that's all wrong, you of course will have trouble doing whatever micro-manipulatory skills required. The misdirection explained within this (DVD) is brilliant, I love the way Morgan Strebler has incorperated spectator participation in the whole rouitine. I use the dominion type of silverware as well, but not all cheap silverware is fair to bend. I think for the most-part you'll start-off using cheap silverware and in result of practice, you'll eventually work yourself up to the even thicker of kind.

Cheers,

Castle
There's a HUGE difference in the forks you use... the Dominions are definitely the best -- not as weak as the bargain store forks, but easy to corkscrew. Also easy to buy! I couldn't find them at WalMart, but found them on Amazon, and got 180 forks (5 boxes) for $26! Here's the link, it still works as of today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001ILYK6/qid=1123209776/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl60/103-8127799-8683062?n=507846&s=home-garden&v=glance
In France we have a brand of forks : Kassel, which I find perfect to do metal bending :)
As far as the corkscrew goes, there is a bit of misdirection and a small bit of built-in Preset. It doesn't have to be perfect. If it's off by 45 degrees, it still looks just as good as going the full 180 degrees in the twist.
I found LM rather easy to pick up. I'm not trying to show off but if you follow Morgans steps one at a time you shouldn't have any major problems. In Australia we don't have Dominions but I've found plenty of other brands that work well. I have even used some that have obvious designs on the face and gotten away with the first stage (corkscrew in the spec's hand) by using magicians choice and a lot of misdirection. Keep up with the practice Big Tom because it's a real reputation maker when done right!
Last night I brought a couple forks with me when I went to dinner with family and friends. While nobody was looking I switched my fork out for one that was wrapped in napkins. When everyone was opening their napkins, I nonchalantly put a corkscrew in mine, and immediately went into LM, the part where you put the fork in the spec's hand and make it "twist" in their hand. Totally freaked them out, including the waitress.

Then, just for fun, I put a corkscrew in the one from the table and switched it out with the one I had brought so the patterns matched. I actually found the one from the restaraunt to be easier to bend than the ones I brought--go figure.

I've gone through around 100+ forks getting the corkscrew down. I pretty much have it down now, can do it without much (apparent) effort, and am starting to get the rest of the routine down. I've already ordered another gross of forks to continue my practice.

For fun, I've also been experimenting with spoons, have ordered one of the auto-bend spoons, and have started dabbling into coin bending using the Boa, though to me that seems more like a feat of strength than a mental metal bending effect.

If you're having problems with the corkscrew, be sure to watch exactly how he does it in the video, and keep practicing--you'll get it!!
I have both liquid metal and Banacheks, and Banachek's blows liquid metal away. The bends you can actually see happening, not just look it already happened.
I'm going to have to get Banachek's DVD if it's that good. I've got his Subtleties book, so I guess I need to make the move and get his DVD.

I'm still doing Liquid Metal and having great results so far! I can do the corkscrew with really heavy forks now, so the cheaper ones are really easy--just keep practicing and your fingers will get used to it.

Thanks,
Scott
They're both very good, but PK goes more into teaching the subtleties of the different bends, while Liquid Metal is more about teaching a routine that uses some of the PK bends. If I was to make a recommendation to anyone new to metal bending, I would say get Banachek's PK Silverware first, master it, and then get Liquid Metal, as it really is a more advanced, and difficult, application of those basic skills.

Banachek's is also worth having as it shows some really killer stuff that isn't in the Liquid Metal routine at all.
[quote]
On 2006-08-03 06:41, Piz wrote:
I use to get dominion dinner forks at wal-mart also till they discontinued them. Do a google search for dominion dinner forks and you can find them on there site for only $6.00 for a case of 36. About the same price wal-mart was charging. Thank you!!! 'Piz'
[/quote]
Hey I had the same problem. Very frustrating that Wal-Mart discontinued those, because they were perfect for metal bending and inexpensive. So I googled Dominion dinner forks and got about a 100 wholesalers. What I'm wondering is will they all be the same product? What site do you purchase from?
Peace Beth
[quote]
On 2006-09-23 22:10, Beth wrote:
Hey I had the same problem. Very frustrating that Wal-Mart discontinued those, because they were perfect for metal bending and inexpensive. So I googled Dominion dinner forks and got about a 100 wholesalers. What I'm wondering is will they all be the same product? What site do you purchase from?
Peace Beth
[/quote]

I am wondering the same thing. I was also curious if it is still cheap to order them even considering shipping costs. I have been making due with the forks that Wal-Mart currently sells 6 for a dollar, but they are quite difficult to bend a lot of the time. All it really does though is prevent me from getting a very impressive bend in.
I have recently decided that Liquid Metal is my favorite trade show routine. When booth traffic is light, I walk into the aisle and start performing this for the first person that comes along. Before I get to the second fork, there will be 25 people in the booth.
[quote]
On 2006-09-23 22:10, Beth wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-08-03 06:41, Piz wrote:
[/quote]
Peace Beth
[/quote]
Beth,
I think Dominion is a style, not a brand so yes there is a big difference in products. If you buy Oneida's "Dominion" you'll need a vice to make the bends. Most likely any vendor that sells them for a few dollars a dozen will work fine.
[quote]
On 2006-09-25 16:59, Dave VanVranken wrote:
[quote]
Beth,
I think Dominion is a style, not a brand so yes there is a big difference in products. If you buy Oneida's "Dominion" you'll need a vice to make the bends. Most likely any vendor that sells them for a few dollars a dozen will work fine.
[/quote]
Aahhh I see. Thank you Dave.That helps a great deal. I thought that might be the case but wasn't sure. :)

Now, I wonder, why is it as soon as one finds the perfect product, some employee of the month, just totally feels the need to yank it off the shelf and replace it with some durable, totally unmoldable piece of silverware that ruins it for us all? Don't we as Americans have the right to cheap, bendable silverware huh... I ask you that? Is anyone else thinking personal vendetta against Beth hmmmmmmm?.... Okay...well, maybe that's just me lol :hmm:
Peace Guys
Well Im just getting into bending, picked up PK Silverware (think that's the correct title) and am looking around for cheap stuff to wreck...

Unfortunetly we don't have "wal-mart" over here in aus so if any aussies know of decent products for this kind of use can you let me know...
You should have luck finding what you need at any restaurant supply house found in most major cities. When I worked cruise ships, I found them in 3rd World countries.
I like liquid metal but the only advantage of PS is that there is natural misdirection for the bends.