(Close Window)
Topic: New linking rings
Hello everybody! I am looking for some information about new and original forms of the linking rings. Somewhere I've seen a linking hearts routine for the stage. Can you please suggest some sources or who an when performed some original linking "things" routine; thank you.
Best regards, Alex
There is a set of linking Coat Hangers by Mike Caveney.
Linking barbed wire rings at Stevens Magic.

I have found these only unique to magicians, as the original is always superior entertainment with a proper routine.

Mr. Electric has a set of geometric shapes for one of his acts. These are not available for sale, as he has his props specially made for his acts.

Why do you want different shaped LRs?
Piet Forton used to perform with tambourines instead of the normal rings - then again everything of his was musical!
Topper Martyn has a funny routine where linking rings occasionally linked with his suspenders. Very funny routine...
Mark Kaylan did it with pool racks.
Hula hoops, coat hangars, chair backs, pool ball racks, barbed wire, heart shaped rings (I think these were custom made for Marc DeSouza, I have a set shaped like stars, Porper makes a set you balance on on the other and can spin it, also a multiplying ring set and Voitko's rings float.

And my favorite, the Magic Plumber's link TOILET SEATS.
Thank you every body!
I am looking for some original form for my new show. It has to be original. I know that with different shaped rings your routine is limited but I need some original thinking.
I had an idea about different color rings. How thick the rings must be to be seen ( if they have different colors) from a big stage?
Can’t resist….. Linking Ropes
Use bicycle rims... or for really originality, borrow jackets from members of the audience and tie their sleeves together and link them.

Or put handcuffs on people and link their arms.

Bring out several doors off cars (without windows) and link those.

Link large bagels.
As far as I know, one of the first person's to do the linking hearts was Marc DeSouza. marc is a dear friend of mine and he has a wonderful routine with them. they really made for his act and it is a thing of beauty for sure.

Kyle
Saw one fella do a coporate presentation for Gates Automotive, he did linking Fan Belts. Looked a lot better than it sounds.

jake
Jake, that reminded me of a trade show I did for Crazy Glue (when nobody had heard of it yet).... I took lengths of rubber and glued them together with the crazy glue and did a sort of linking ring routine with them.

And at a Goodyear test site, where they were mounting tires to be tested on new mag wheels, they had plastic rings on the wheel rims for protection during shipping... there was a stack of these discarded laying on the ground. So one of the Goodyear corporate guys comes by (I was there on a photo assignment) and (having seen me do the linking rings at a hospitality room for them some month before) said... "If you're so good LINK SOME OF THOSE."

I told him, come back later I am busy with a photo setup. As soon as he left I got a few of them and gaffed a chain of three (with tape that matched the color perfectly) and made a key and put them back on the ground.

A bit later the guy came back, I did a short routine and blew his brains... and I HAD A FELLOW PHOTOG GET SOME PICTURES OF THIS TOO....

Isn't magic wonderful?
You are sneaky Pete.
I'd rather be "sneaky" than "skilled"
That is a GREAT story pete!!

M
Anyone remember Linking Lifesavers? Or did that happen aboard the U.S.S. Eldridge?

LOL

Doug
Bicycle wheels were done by Paul Daniels, and I believe with Norm Neilson or Richard Ross on one of his TV shows.

Soleil... sounds like you might be doing something spacey from your name. Perhaps UV rings? Or Glow in the dark? You could get really arty if you used some black art...

Paul
Pete,
that's the kinda story you live for. Thanks.
Yah, I live for stories!