(Close Window)
Topic: Paul Harris Trick?
Hey all, what was the name of the trick where Paul drew a pair of sunglasses on the president on a dollar bill then moved them up onto the forehead? I can't remember was it Nightshades? I believe it's in AOA but I forget and don't have mine handy...I moved recently and they're at my parent's place.
It was called improv nightshades and was in AOA volume 1 page 31.
Paul also has it on the old Art of Astonishment tape.

July 27, 2006
Dr Marvin
There was also a marketed version. Just so you know.
Check out the version that Cyril Takayama did on his new specials,
the shade appeared on the watermark portrait... not sure how he did that..
Do a search on youtube for the clip, I can't post the link here.

Andy
[quote]
On 2006-07-31 03:40, andrewte wrote:
[/quote]

This is a great version! It is available on the DVD "Super Street Magic, Season 2"
(Coincidentally, I just referred to this a couple of days ago in a post to another thread here). After flipping the shades up he lets the spectator check out the bill, then he moves them back down. Then he wipes the shades off and onto a napkin, and THEN the napkin bursts into a flash of flame, leaving Cyril holding a pair of sunglasses, which he puts on as he turns and walks away. This, to me, exemplifies some of the nature of his creativity as he takes what are often thought to be "throw-away" effects and turns them into full, workable routines.
[quote]
On 2006-07-31 15:16, Magiguy wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-07-31 03:40, andrewte wrote:
[/quote]

This is a great version! It is available on the DVD "Super Street Magic, Season 2"
(Coincidentally, I just referred to this a couple of days ago in a post to another thread here). After flipping the shades up he lets the spectator check out the bill, then he moves them back down. Then he wipes the shades off and onto a napkin, and THEN the napkin bursts into a flash of flame, leaving Cyril holding a pair of sunglasses, which he puts on as he turns and walks away. This, to me, exemplifies some of the nature of his creativity as he takes what are often thought to be "throw-away" effects and turns them into full, workable routines.
[/quote]

I wouldn't consider nightshades a throw away effect at all! And seeing at to how this DVD is called "super street magic", I'm assuming it's a joke I didn't quite get.
Actually it's not a joke. Cyril did his version of this on that same dvd over in Japan. Fabulous effect!
I think Cyril's Super Street Magic DVD is very hard to find here in the U.S. Anyone knows or has a link to order this DVD by Cyril? Is the DVD in English?
Hi evolve,
Here you go... (sorry, Japanese only, but once you watch it I don't think you'll care [except for the interviews in the special features sections :( ])...

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-videos/pid-1003749164/

Keep in mind that these are Region 2 discs. If you have the right software on your computer you can copy to a new region code. One tip to share, you can also buy an inexpensive external DVD drive and change the region code so that you can watch all the region 2 (or 3, or whatever) discs you want without risking the code on your computer (which you can only be changed so many times). You can also just buy a region free dvd player.

Best of luck!
Thanks so much for the info, Magiguy! :)