(Close Window)
Topic: The Strangest thing you ever wore for a performance...
I have done a lot of really strange shows for the gothy wierd venues I have worked in. As a result of this, I have worn some really odd things. Just curious what sort of odd things others have found themselves in...
Here is a list of some of my stranger costumes (And these are not comedy performances...)
-A zombie
-Darkness (In the style of Tim Curry in Legend)
-Prince Charming
-A Cenobite (In the style of a borg or one of the bad guys in Clive Barkers Hellraiser movies)
-A Bunny rabbit (Ok...That was a silly show)
-Beetlejuice
-A Marionette
and my performance groups favourite thing they ever made me wear...
A bright Red Corset, matching bottoms with fishnets and heels.
Can anyone top that list?
Gwyd
Awww you looked so Cute in that corset! (I've got pictures if anyone wants to see PM me!!)
You also forgot we dressed you up as a "bad" Santa, Pestilence, Evil Doctor, and a few others that weren't strange costumes but the circumstances of the show were strange.
I've worn nothing but a flesh toned Dance Belt.

Let me explain:
I was hired to perform at a berlesque show and I knew a few of the dancers, so during my act one of them came up behind me and ripped off my pants [don't you love velcro!] so I say "what the Hell, it is a berlesque show!" and I remove the rest of my clothes.

It isn't the strangest thing I could have worn, but it is the skimpiest thing I've worn.

Brett.
Ive done a spongeball routine and a retention vanish in an alien costume for our mascot "Galactic Gus" for the company I work for, Hyperspace Fun Center.
Yes I once did an entire show NAKED..

It was for NIPLIN's Hldiay camps a company who basically hire out Butlins when they are closed and open it up to Naturists.

The catch is all the performers have to do their acts naked,

And I promise you this is not a joke the strippers go on stage naked and then get dressed to the music - SERIOUSLY!

Mandy
You know. I'm a character magician. Wearing strange things to a performance is pretty much what I do. As such, I rarely think of it as strange. I wear robes with a Fez. I wear Victorian Western. I wear A cowbot hat, tux down to the waist, bluejenes, and boots. I wear what the job calls for, with a very few limiting factors. To me, the only thing that would seem odd, would be wearing an outfit that prevented me from performing magic, and performing it well.
I'm not proud of some of the costumes I've worn, others I love....

*an 18th century court conjuror (at a BEACH themed party...major miscommunication)
*Robin
*A Swamii
*A riverboat gambler
*A clown (for ten years)
*A vegas cardsharp
*A character from Moulin Rogue.
*An arabian street performer
*A medicine man
[quote]
On 2006-08-20 21:03, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:

[/quote]

Oooo fun!! What Character?
For one halloween, I wore this ghoul costume with an extremely long face and my hands were extend with fake hands. I had to chose magic I could do without any dexterity. What a "nightmare"!

I have done magic and balloon twisting in a stripclub before...I won't go much into it, but I had a "barrel" with shoulder staps.

Part of my job is doing telegrams too. Some of them include:
Stripping Gorilla (the fur stays on)
Fat Elvis
A backwoods, mountain man named Bubba who is dirty and probably the ugliest man alive. Strips down to his long johns.

I was in one of those walk a round illusions. A gorilla carrying a cage with a safari man inside.

I had one company have me do Barney err I mean Purple Dinosaur. Doesn't get any weirder than that.

The worst really had to be on valentines day when I got suckered into wearing a Hershey Kiss outfit as I wandered a mall.
Rocky Horror. Most fun I had in fishnets ever
It was only once that I wore a costume for performing magic.
it was for a kid's show and a complete nightmare!
I had to wear a very freaky panda bear costume.i could barely move in it and it also was outdoors with the sun cooking me inside that costume.
I had to cut my act short because the *** costume kept me from beeing able to perform certain stuff.
no more costumes for me!

-Matt
Too many strange costumes to list - once did 5 minutes in a fat costume that wouldn't inflate - it never will again either - after I took to it with a stiletto back stage.

Never performed nude but in 1997 got hired to perform for International Gay Nude Week at a local resort - and I was the only one dressed. The first 10 minutes I found really strange but then it all became pretty normal - except for all the body piercings - a PK ring would've been interesting.
Wore my camo kilt and a smile, traditional of course, *wink wink*
of course I do a bed of nails act and well.... the poor peeps on stage left got an eye full of certain things they werr'nt ready for.
What - your sponge balls?
Close enough, heheheh. I turned our show x-rated there for a bit .
See the following...click on Library Shows 2006...was it weird...I don't know...I thought it was AWESOME! Yes, I am a dork.

http://www.photosite.com/magicwithchad
Gene Simmons of Kiss! Ok, I was only 13 years old, but I was in a Kiss cover band at the time AND I was a performing magician... so it just seemed to fit!
[quote]
On 2006-08-17 17:30, hypnoticmandy wrote:
Yes I once did an entire show NAKED..

It was for NIPLIN's Hldiay camps a company who basically hire out Butlins when they are closed and open it up to Naturists.

The catch is all the performers have to do their acts naked,

And I promise you this is not a joke the strippers go on stage naked and then get dressed to the music - SERIOUSLY!

Mandy
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA...Mor like the strangest thing you didn't wear for a show! I bet you could have gotton a lot of mileage from The Amazing Johnathans Zombie routine!
[quote]
On 2006-11-03 12:24, Chad C. wrote:
See the following...click on Library Shows 2006...was it weird...I don't know...I thought it was AWESOME! Yes, I am a dork.

http://www.photosite.com/magicwithchad
[/quote]

As a fellow "Reptile" magician myself, I admire your courage to stand between a python (even if it is just a ball) and a live bird . No problems there I assume?

Phil
No problems at all, I have enough trouble getting that ball to eat anything. It doesn't even know the bird exists.
I had to wear a potato sack once, but that was in a play...not for my act. I don't recommend that...ever!
[quote]
On 2006-08-22 14:07, Sylver Fyre wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-08-20 21:03, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:

[/quote]

Oooo fun!! What Character?
[/quote]

Talouse LaTrech? (sp)

I've worn some weird stuff, but not while performing. I also did Gene Simmons and won a costume party for it. (Bottle of Seagram's 7!)

I did a "wizard" once for a charity ball, the beard fell apart. I also did a "Dracula" thing with a cape and a pendant with black pants and open white shirt, but it wasn't really all that good!