(Close Window)
Topic: Idiot swallows hardware store
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1939304.html?menu=

Considering much of what is in ananova is BS...grain of salt...but...
Natural selection at it's finest
That guy really had ambition...and he must have had A LOT to drink.
good thing he survived...phew

-Matt
Somthing tells me that the saraded knife wouldent go down regardless of drunken state. And if it did I cant imagine it not killing you. My persoanly feeling is that the pic is fake but hey I could be wrong. The knife in the pic appears to be about 10 inches long (in my opinion more but hey I'm being conserivtive) Somthing of that legnth would most likely never go down without impaling the person.

Just my opinion,

AJR
Notice that all the items were found point up? Also, the knife seems to be blanked (no scales, handles or tang pins). Knife blanks are NOT sold in stores, they are either hand made (forged) or purchased through catalog. I highly suspect this "article" as a fake. In addition, the list of items seems to not match those in the picture. I could go on and on.

But hey, if the average idiot wants to believe the it, then the STORY is a success.
The guy is out drunk, eats a bunch of things, has surgery to remove them, and still has money enough to be planning a vacation. I wonder who paid for his surgery?
Like I said...a LOT of Ananova is total BS. Not as funny as the old Weekly World News, but they try!
The items also seem very low for a stomach. I may be wrong - but I am a college biology lecturer (who hates anatomy – but not as much as plants!)

I may run off to the Tortora (wife’s radiography text book) and have a look. If I cant find anything else to read!

Dave