(Close Window)
Topic: Critera for mini-cups
Is there an agreed standard for determining when cups can no longer be considered mini cups? Is the dividing line based on height (2 inches? 2.5 inches?), mouth diameter, and/or what?

Second things : does anyone know what are the heaviest mini cups being produced these days. I recently bought a set of the mini pewter cups from House of Magic (BUMA) (by way of Stevens Emporium) and was pleasantly surprised at how heavy they are. Great little cups all around.

Fortasse
Mini Cups = Golf Ball or smaller Final Load

Standard Cups = Lacrosse Ball to Tennis Ball Final Load

Jumbo Cups = Regulation Baseball or Larger Final load

Watermelons = Use a 10 gallon hat :)

Bill Sutter
I think Bill has it pretty well figured out. The only line that I feel is definite is the separation between jumbo cups and standard cups. That's the regulation baseball. Some mini cups can take a racquetball. And there are mini cups that aren't very mini, such as the Morrissey mini's which are standard cups, just short ones. Al Schneider uses them.

I think the biggest mini cups would be the Risers.
I think the RNTII mini paul fox cups are bigger than the Riser cups and still mini.
The RnT II Mini Paul Fox cups, the Foxy II's and the Riser Mini's are almost exactly the same inner diameter. The Risers are a bit taller.

The load capacity is about the same.