(Close Window)
Topic: New coin production I invented
Hey everybody, please tell me what you think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-YBcQ7HD00
That was pretty good is impromtu right
Gret job I must say:)

The first production was great, when for the other I think you could make it smoother. But that`s just magician talk, for the layman I think it was great :)

Regards
It's hard to tell with a video of that quality. You can't really tell what you're doing. It's so easy to hide your moves.
[quote]
On 2006-08-21 00:17, ofrmagic wrote:
That was pretty good is impromtu right
[/quote]

Yes, completly impromptu. Thank you.
[quote]
On 2006-08-21 03:23, Dolphin wrote:
Gret job I must say:)

The first production was great, when for the other I think you could make it smoother. But that`s just magician talk, for the layman I think it was great :)

Regards
[/quote]

Thank you, but I am going to make a better version of the first production paired with a very smooth vanish, so look for that in the forums in the near future.
[quote]
On 2006-08-20 16:28, Draidum wrote:

[/quote]

Maybe it is just me but I think that it is easy to tell where you are getting the coin from on the first production. I'm not so sure that a layman would be able to see it and there is also the possibility that I am totally wrong!! I wont coment on the vanish because others have said it best!!

All things considered.. best of luck to you!

~R~
Very nice indeed
Looks fine to me. Nice job. =P
[quote]
On 2006-08-21 15:37, -=Ralph=- wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-08-20 16:28, Draidum wrote:

[/quote]

Maybe it is just me but I think that it is easy to tell where you are getting the coin from on the first production.

~R~
[/quote]

I also think this.
Hiya,

Regarding the 1st move - here's someone using a similar idea.
I prefer his angles but your handling is more relaxed and natural up untill the point that I PMd you about.

Best, Mike
[quote]
On 2006-08-22 17:27, Mike T wrote:
[/quote]
Here? Where??
[quote]
On 2006-08-22 21:53, djrdjr wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-08-22 17:27, Mike T wrote:
[/quote]
Here? Where??
[/quote]

Sorry guys - forgot to post the link.
I've just searched almost 2000 vids and still no luck, when I find it I'll post it.

Sorry again,
Mike
Okay, this in't the one I was afer but it uses the same basic principle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6f2kwWFuw&mode=related&search

Best, Mike
[quote]
On 2006-08-23 06:13, Mike T wrote:

Best, Mike
[/quote]

Except I turn my hand over, and it is much more angle friendly, among other differences. I think that you don't really know what I am doing with the coin. PM me about what you think, and I will tell you whether or not you are correct. Thanks for spending all of the time looking through the videos though.
Looks great, but the vid was kind of dark, so it was a little hard to see what was going on.
[quote]
On 2006-08-23 14:30, Draidum wrote:
[quote]

Best, Mike
[/quote]

Except I turn my hand over, and it is much more angle friendly, among other differences. I think that you don't really know what I am doing with the coin. PM me about what you think, and I will tell you whether or not you are correct. Thanks for spending all of the time looking through the videos though.
[/quote]

Check out Kirk Kokinos' "Bare Handed" video. The move he uses throughout his coin routines in the video is the one you used.
[quote]
On 2006-08-23 14:30, Draidum wrote:
[quote]

Best, Mike
[/quote]

[/quote]

Draidum,
Not sure why you thought that (glad the Pm sorted it out), doesn't this guy have the coin in the exact same place as you? Agreed the effect is different, but the basic principle?

Best, Mike
If I'm not mistaken, the basic principle is the same in both, it's just that Draidum uses an extra "something". I've never seriously considered using this technique due to the angle issues, but Draidum's video has inspired me to experiment with it.

Draidum, do you find that you can do this reliably with the specs standing or do they have to be sitting? Also, do you ever use it for vanishes?
Yeah, I think the extra 'something' makes this more worth while.
I've had luck with a similar 'something' on standing specs (actually spec, I only perform this on an individual because of the angles) but the taller the spec the harder to conceal as the position of 'it' must change making the retrieval and/or placement a lot harder. I have used it for a vanish but it only works (for me) if I ditch it fairly quickly. Due to the s***** nature of 'it' I use an M5 type thing for the ditch - my 'something' is shimmed so I end up completely clean.

Wow, there were few 'it's and 'something's in that but I think you'll get what I mean.

Best, Mike
I actually do vanish, and don't really have problems with standing specs, except it is a little harder to conceal. I have a vanish with it that you go through the motions of the french drop, and it dissapears from both hands. You could just use a pull, but my way is easier. I have also worked out a way were you can switch one coin for another, and the other coin just goes to the position. You can also show both positions empty by transferal from one "position" to the other "position". I hope that makes sense.
You look a bit stiff. Loosen up!
[quote]
On 2006-08-25 11:33, ToasterofDoom wrote:
You look a bit stiff. Loosen up!
[/quote]

This is not the best video of it, check this one out, and the third trick on there is much smoother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWgAVsic4
Toaster Of Doom,

Your user name always brings a smile to my face.

Mike
Draiden and Mike, maybe we're just a bunch of magic geeks, but I totally understand what both of you are saying :) I've been playing with this technique a bit lately and it's starting to grow on me.
That's good, have fun with it. I made a switch of two coins using the technique. It looks pretty good.
CasualSoul

Geeks?.....Geeks?.....OK, guilty (raises hand) :)

Best, Mike
On the first production it seemed very obvious to where you where stealing the coin from... but as a layman I would be amazed.
Several Magicians have been playing with this idea or a similar version for quite some time now. The most recent have been Dave Williamson in his first book, and garrett thomas has done something thinking on it as well. You can find some parallel thinking in Bobo's also. So I would be carefully when you talk about "inventing" anything. Do your research and double check everything. On the performance side of things you need some work. Your "version" may have a little something extra or special but it still needs some work to match either Dave's or Garrett's technique. both of theirs is seamless and you never see them reaching for their wrists. Though I did enjoy your second video something interesting ideas there. Ever think about using larger coins. Quarters are just a little too small to follow sometimes.