(Close Window)
Topic: Hello from New Joisy
My name is Bob and I am about a year into a renewed interest in magic. I really enjoyed it as a kid growing up in Chicago (remembering when I had saved a few bucks how I would take the bus downtown to visit the Treasure Chest to buy a trick or two).
Anyway, I'm 61 now and really, really enjoying magic again (as a hobby). Trying to get pointed in the right direction, I asked around (at Misdirections) and lurked at this website and have been impressed by the reading recommendations (Paul Harris A of A, Michael Ammar, and others).

At the risk of looking like some over-the-hill wanna-be, I have to ask: Is there a way that I can do magic professionally - at least part-time? I will still need to keep my day job, but I am wondering if there is a way to break in. I have heard about restaurant magic, but I don't remember having been in a bar or restaurant and seeing a magician (accept for the Magic Cellar when I was in my 20's).

I would appreciate any advice you folks have to offer. Thank you.
Welcome to the Café Bob!

You can certainly still become a professional magician! I am sure everyone will be able to help you out with that!

Tanner
Welcome to the Café rallister.

Sounds like you may want to check out Jay Sankey's The Real Work on Restaruants and Bars. It's a DVD.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=165703&forum=95&0

What sort of trick did you buy when you were a kid?
MagiCanda,

Hi, Svengali deck, penny to dime, shrinking die, card penetration frame, stripper deck, break-a-part fan, linking rings, balls and cups, etc.
Welcome to the Café Bob :coffee:
Welcome to the Café!
Thank you Magicanada for the tip, Tanner for the words of encouragement, Jeff and Mike for the warm welcome.

Bob