(Close Window)
Topic: Arm Through Glass...
Hello,

I would like to know where to find out about David Blaine's arm through the glass.

I saw this on his Vertigo special. He (stole) a watch off a lady's wrist and it appeared in a Jewelry Display. He reached through the glass (covering with a newspaper) and retrieved the watch...

I don't know how... (a couple ideas) but not sure, so I would like to know..

ARI
Is there a reason? Or do you just do every effect Blaine performs? This trick is around $700 to obtain and the guy that makes them just doesn't do them for everyone. Besides, the way Blaine did it would be to impractical for normal use.

Lee
Think Tenyo Glass Penetration on an immense scale. Also consider how many jewelry stores have you seen that keep stock in their windows after hours?
Ok..

you talk as if I want to steal his effect, when really I'm just trying to learn more. Is it wrong to learn more as a young magician, or shall I stick to myself? Why can't I know how effects are done, (I'm not going to tell, I DO keep to the magicians code!!!.) lol.

ARI
[quote]
Is there a reason? Or do you just do every effect Blaine performs? This trick is around $700 to obtain and the guy that makes them just doesn't do them for everyone. Besides, the way Blaine did it would be to impractical for normal use.
[/quote]

You could present that in a nicer way than making him feel stupid.

[quote]

Ok..

you talk as if I want to steal his effect, when really I'm just trying to learn more. Is it wrong to learn more as a young magician, or shall I stick to myself. Why can't I know how effects are done, (I'm not going to tell, I DO keep to the magicians code!!!.) lol.

ARI
[/quote]

It's ok. We've all been there. Actually from what I've been told is that it cost David Blaine a lot of money to do that effect on T.V.

You might want to consider Tenyos, as said above.

Or just use a search engine and see what magic shops offering it pop up. But I can say it won't be cheap. If some card through window are over 200 dollars, then penetrating a glass window using your hand and a newspaper to retrieve something from inside leaving no hole will be way over that.
Now correct me if I am wrong. Was Blaine’s arm thru glass illusion created and manufactured by John Gaughan?

Thanks,
Mike
Can anyone give me the official name or inventory number of the Tenyo Glass Penetration? I've looked through the official Tenyo site and haven't found it yet.
Penetration frame. Enough said :lol:
The store front was, in fact, built by Johnny Gaughan. It was in a Hollywood area when filmed.

Someone said something about $700 cost? I would guess ten times that.

To the guy that wants to know how it is done... forget it, it has been done. Invent your own new illusions. :arg:
Doug Henning did a sponge ball/silk thru a 1 foot square mirror for Brian Gumble on the today show in the late 70's. It looked awesome, and I think it is being sold again today. Check Hank Lee's website. :bg:
There's also a "Golden Penetration Frame"
Version on the market with a metal frame...
Maybe it looks not as cheap and suspicious as the plastic tenyo version...
but it also doesnt't costs only a few bucks
(no, it costs about 50 - 75 $, depending at which magic dealer you buy it..)

Here you can see a picture
http://www.magicsale.com/Brass.htm

Mgaic Chris :bigdance:
I have no idea, but focus on the watch steal first. Pulling a stunt like that is great if you pull it off but you seem shady if you get busted.
ty...

thanks for sticking up for me and telling me the different methods

ari
Check this site:

http://www.magicities.com/vertigo

BTW..

There is certainly nothing wrong with wanting to learn as many methods to as many tricks as you can. It's good to have a large inventory of knowledge if only so you don't go reinventing the wheel.
The trick Blaine did is custom made. Its not an improtu trick. It requiers a lot of set-up, plus a lot of money. This is a trick that has do be done on a stage, or in front a camera with a lot of edeting.
Got the perfect method...do anywhere anytime with any store window...all it costs is a pair of tights, some mode of fast transport (ask a friend with a fast car), a brick, and enough bottle...oh and the desire for a long holiday AHMD (at her majesties discretion)...fascetious...yes, fatuous...most definitely,...funny...hmmmmmmmmmn
Vernon
Yes, think penetration frame...and think thousands of bucks ;-)

Ian
[quote]
On 2002-12-27 01:22, Pete Biro wrote:
The store front was, in fact, built by Johnny Gaughan. It was in a Hollywood area when filmed.

Someone said something about $700 cost? I would guess ten times that.

To the guy that wants to know how it is done... forget it, it has been done. Invent your own new illusions. :arg:
[/quote]

so in the same sense, forget about all the sleights cuz it's been done, invent new ones? i don't think so
that's not what he is saying..... He was upset because, everyone whats to be like Blaine and they shouldn't use his effects to be cool.

Lee
how bout doing arm through refrig door, and while u are at it i could sure use a coke
ehhehe :bigdance: