(Close Window)
Topic: A Great Chain Routine
:hmm: This is my first post here, so I'm not sure if this is an appropriate forum for this or not. If it isn't, I appologize.

A while back, I saw a routine with a simple length of chain, the kind dogtags are on or necklaces are made of...

Included with it was a routine with (in my opinion) FANTASTIC patter with an old-timey snake-oil salesman kind of tone.

It's the kind of routine I'd love to buy...

...if only I remembered the name of the trick. If you know what I'm talkin' about... or have any idea what I'm talking about... please, please let me know. I've been trying to remember for about a year now and haven't had any luck.

Thanks...
It's called the Chain Gang, by Mark De Souza
it's a great video on this scam.. and Mark presents a wonderful routine and patter;
another video by Whit Haydan and Chef Anton
"fast and Loose" the school for scoundrels,

hope this helps.
vinny
Or are you maybe thinking of the Siberian chain escape????
You could be thinking of the endless chain swindle. Johnny Thompson has a great routine on his tapes, and Harry Lorayne also has one. This effect can also be purchased as a separate routine. Check Hank Lee's website. :arg:
That sounds like Doc Wayne's "Chump Chain." The characters delivering the patter is Professor Alphonse Faloota; he refers to his wife Fast Fanny Faloota. Sound familiar?
It very well may be the Fast and Loose, found at the School for Scoundrels website. I saw Whit perform this a couple weeks ago and it was wonderfully entertaining.
:wow: I didn't expect such a fast and interesting response! Thanks, all!

I think it was "chump chain", but I'll chcek out the others mentioned too

Thanks again! :)
Wow... there are a lot of chain routines out there... I wonder how much more new material we can pull out of magic?? lol
It has also been known as "On The Barrelhead". Other than the sources already mentioned, you can find a description in "Expert Gambling Tricks" by Nick Trost.