(Close Window)
Topic: Triple Threat Gimmick Routine Ideas
Hi All,

I enjoy the routines of Troy Hooser which accompany Todd Lassen's Triple Threat gimmick, but wondered if anyone can point me in the direction of other routines or DVDs that use the Triple Threat? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards, Steve
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 6, 2006 03:12AM)
There is a Triple Threat booklet for people who have the Triple Threat gimmick. It details about 5 routines all created by Troy Hooser
Hi Christopher,

Is the booklet to which you refer the one you get when you buy Triple Threat? I have that booklet (sorry I wasn't clear about that), but was looking for other routines or handlings. Thanks.

Regards, Steve
I think it is the same book, I don't know of any other material on the gimmick

I find my use for the tt is that it makes a lot of existing routines very clean, I would look at existing routines that use a normal ] and see how you can clean them up. Nathan kranzo's fire coins works very well
Hi Paul,

Thanks. I'll start looking through my bookshelves and see what I find. I'm not familiar with the fire coins... have to do some investigating (and who knows what I'll find?).

Regards, Steve
You might check with David Neighbors, I'm sure he's got a few pages of work on this, and the related "Cerebus" gaff as well.

And rumor has it that our favorite "Unexpected Visitor" Doug Brewer has some excellent work with the TT ("|]]"?) coming out soon. Watch for it.
That sounds good, I'm suprised there is not more work on this gimmick, but then I guess it's quite expensive so I imagine there would be a limited market. I like the sound of the doug brewer material. cheers for mentioning it curtis.

yachanin: check out nathans kranzo's website: http://www.hismagic.com/?page_id=15 fire coins is available on instant download. the best $6 you'l spend.
Steve, is Triple Threat the same concept as Schoolcraft's 3CM? I wonder if someone out there has routines for 3CM and hasn't made the association that tricks could be used for either. Just a thought.

If I remember correctly Triple Threat is one of your all time favorites. Hope you find material. Let us know if you do.
[quote]
On 2006-09-06 17:25, Curtis Kam wrote:
You might check with David Neighbors, I'm sure he's got a few pages of work on this, and the related "Cerebus" gaff as well.
[/quote]
Thanks Curtis,
Yeah, I have [b]a ton[/b] of stuff with it! It's just not in print yet! :( ! I have A few things ahead of it!
Is the Triple Threat the same product in principle as Jamie Schoolcraft's 3CM?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 7, 2006 02:24PM)
[quote]
On 2006-09-07 14:36, sadamspmp wrote:
Is the Triple Threat the same product in principle as Jamie Schoolcraft's 3CM?
[/quote]

Yes. The only difference is there is a little more mag*****m in the 3CM which some find makes it easier to handle it more as 1 coin. I have a 3CM and think it is a great gimmick. I'm sure the Triple Threat is awesome as well.
There are some differences between the sets, you'll have to do a search and see what's left of the prior threads. One of the sets starts with a regular coin, and the rest of the pieces get smaller. The other starts with an expanded ], so the middle piece is the size of a regular coin, and the next piece is cut down. So with one, you get an expanded ] in the deal. With the other, however, the ] should work as an expanded if all your coins are remilled.

At least, that's what I understand from talking to folks who own both. Vague enough for y'all?
Hi Sadamspmp,

The Triple Threat and 3CM are very similar in concept (and yes, the Triple Threat is one of my all time favs).

Paul,

Thanks for the Fire Coins link... I'm checking it out as soon as I finish here.

Curtis,

Thanks for the tip to seek out David.

David,

I'll thank you in advance for the wicked material you will release :)

Regards, Steve
Does that mean if you both you can nest four deep?
Hi Jonathan,

I don't own both, but I suppose you could, although the expanded [ of the Triple Threat may leave quite a bit of the top 3CM [ showing (I don't know how thick the 3CM [ is milled). Another potential problem might be the m***et may not be strong enough to hold the unit together as one.

Regards, Steve
Message error
According to the site, the 3CM is designed to interface with the Dean's Set. Thus, the first shell is already shaved and milled. Therefore, a four deep nest would not be possible with a combination of both sets. At least that is the way I interpret the descriptions.
Jon
Hi Steve,
Thanks Man! So sent me your E-mail Address( See web site below!) And I will Put you On My E-mail list, And Let you know when it comes out! :)! Ok Thanks Man!
I just recieved my half dollar set of these bad boys. The ideas are endless and I am planning on working on some fress Ideas....Cool stuff and cool new toy!
Hi Sickmagic,

Ahh... I remember that feeling when I first got my Triple Threat in the mail. Cool thing is, I still get that same feeling every time I pick them up :) Enjoy them! Let us know if you ever post some stuff with it on YouTube.

Regards, Steve
Actually I have a new camcorder on the way. The reason I bought the camcorder is to work on a competition act. I am sure I will be posting a few things here and there. keep in touch through pm this way I don't anounce it to the world...LOL