(Close Window)
Topic: New Card Trick Video
A while back I started working on the idea of taking my own close-up table with me. I built a special table that could be folded into a carrying case and put on the plane. It worked so well that I started to develop ideas that are actually built into the table one of those is a card locating and switching device. This thing is really cool. I have a video of it that I'd like to share. Check it out for fun. Remember that I haven't even practiced this for a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iNf3D_l8Cc

-- Ace
I like the idea Starry. There is just so much flashing in the video. I've seen other tables with holdouts and bugs on them and it's a good idea. When you can eliminate the flash as you switch the cards, it'll look great!
If you use 'Bee' playing card and switch cards when you turn face down card face up, Flash of faces will not be a problem.

However, I am not sure if repeating this change several times can be used in real world performance. Our purpose is not deceive Camera.

Hideo Kato
[quote]
On 2006-09-19 16:44, Vandy Grift wrote:
I like the idea Starry. There is just so much flashing in the video. I've seen other tables with holdouts and bugs on them and it's a good idea. When you can eliminate the flash as you switch the cards, it'll look great!
[/quote]

I've done it only a few times live. Because you can use misdirection added to the actual switch, flash goes pretty much unnoticed even lame as it is now.

Posted: Sep 22, 2006 12:57pm
Quote:

On 2006-09-20 04:56, Hideo Kato wrote:
If you use 'Bee' playing card and switch cards when you turn face down card face up, Flash of faces will not be a problem.

However, I am not sure if repeating this change several times can be used in real world performance. Our purpose is not deceive Camera.

Hideo Kato

I think that it should be limited in repetition, too. I'm going to built it into a couple of tricks where it is done only on the down beat.

Yes I've learned that the switch is best when turning the cards face up as I did when I exchanged the joker. No one seems to notice that change even on the video. However I need to adapt my location device to accomodate the face up exchange.