(Close Window)
Topic: Richard Vollmer Books
I just read the introduction to Simply Impromp2 by Aldo Colombini written by Richard Vollmer. In it he says, "Because I have been interested in the subject of sleight-free card tricks for at least twenty-five years (my first compilation of self-working card magic was published in 1984 and the ninth volume in the series has just come out), ..."

Can anyone give me more information on this series? What are the titles and who has them for sale?
Hi, Ted:

These books are for the moment nine volumes published in French language with the same title "Automatic card tricks" (Tours de cartes automatiques). You can find information about this work at http://www.magix.fr.

I hope this helps you. Best regards.
Thank you. Let's see how far my high school French will take me.
I have managed to get hold of the bound re-prints of 'Apocalypse' by Harry lorayne recently. It is an excellent magazine and of the hundreds of effects I have read - it has been the ideas of Richard Vollmer that have most impressed me. He is a genius and this magazine contains many examples of that genius....
Vollmer does some amazing stuff. You have chosen well.
Hi guys (that includes you too, girls),

I have also recently discovered the magical world of Richard Vollmer from some of what I've seen written by Roberto Giobbi in books and periodicals. One of my favorite tricks of Vollmer's is "Insured Prediction" from Card College Five. I will anxiously reopen my copies of Apocalypse and see what I've missed so far! Any other sources for Vollmer's material that anyone can shed some light on? Especially sources written in English?
Does anyone know if there are plans to produce a book of Richard Vollmer's work ?

I have had a read of a few volumes of his french language automatic card trick books and whilst many of the tricks contained are from various other sources translated into french there are large number of tricks by Richard himself where there's some brilliant thinking involved.