(Close Window)
Topic: Stevie Starr
I remember seeing an astonishing act some years ago by a "Stevie Starr" from Scotland or England I think. He would (apparently) swallow various objects and then "regurgitate" them in their original form. He would do things like swallow sugar, then drink water, and then spit out the (dry) sugar! He could swallow goldfish, billiard balls (!), keys, etc. and then reproduce them. He did so quite openly and deliberately - no covering his mouth with a handkerchief ala a magician performing a "trick".

I don't know how he accomplished these things, but needless to say, it was quite an incredible and baffling act! Barring any camera trickery (which I doubt there was any), he's either a highly skilled in sleight of "mouth"(?), or a freak of nature.

Does anybody know if he's still performing? Are there any DVDs of his performances available?

Ron
Welcome to the Magic Café. You Will find that Stevie Starr has been discussed quite a bit here - just go to the "Café Quicksearch" box located at the top of each page and type in Stevie Starr, and hit "Go" and you will see links to all of the discussions regarding his act.
Thanks Marvello!
Google him. All kinds of things come up. Stevie's a good person, and a great performer, one of the most creative.