(Close Window)
Topic: Ultimate Card Thru aquarium Window
Cyril Takayama is amazing again, this time with ultimate Card Thru aquarium Window.
[url=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/250605/ultimate_card_thru_window_illusion/]metacafe.com[/url]
Yup.

He never ceases to amaze me.
That [b]is[/b] **** nice!!!
NO F*&^#%G way!!
What the #$%^ did I just See? Is this on the market? That was un freakin believable!
You must to have the aquarium and when you want to do it .... remove the aquarium from the case ...:)be natural like is not your aquarium and do it.
anyhow Cyril is very good but he spend a lot of money on lots of things like his glass table and others....
What's wrong with spending lots of money on props? After all, no one else has the same things he has and he gets paid a lot of money to do these. He was just here visiting us and has completed his 9th TV Special in Japan and is doing LIVE SHOWS.
As you know in magic......if you have the funds, anything is possible.
Oh I have nothing about spending money I just tell to brandonford1982 about Cyril.
But the card through aquarium is not on market today and is not so practical to have it...just if you want to show it on television or to your friends which maybe will wants to do it on their aquarium.
Sorry for my english
Thank you
Hmmm ... I wana that for cleanin up my aquarium :o)

In fact, it is unbelivable what is possible :)
Very interesting. It's a good thing that's not on youtube or ten minutes after it being posted, a thousand other videao would have been made with theories on how to do it...
Oh, and speaking of theories, did you see the comments below? One of the people said that there are stooges in every audience a magician performs for. Just shows how much he knows.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 17, 2007 08:14AM)
A great illusion . . . I saw people freaking out watching the clip.
Being a magician I love getting amazed myself once in a while. Cyril never fails to impress!
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 17, 2007 11:58PM)
Yeah, I just wish I had the budget like that to spend or the creative people to hire . . .
I enjoyed that. Great reactions!
Way to go Cyril.
Are there any methods or plans on the market for any type of arm through glass?
[quote]
On 2007-05-01 00:42, NewsReporter wrote:
Are there any methods or plans on the market for any type of arm through glass?
[/quote]

This has been done. Be it a wall, mirror... even the pencil through glass. Enjoy your search through the history of parlor illusions to find what suits your needs.
There's no real need to search. It will come out the same no matter what I do. Like you said "Arm through glass" isn't new. But I'm only familiar with methods that require deception and misdirection as opposed to a constructed "rig" of some sort. The construction of such an illusion interests me greatly. Regardless if it looks like Cyril's, I'm just interested in building something that accomplishes the same thing. Arm visibly through glass. I'm not having any luck locating something like that...a constructed illusion and not just an effect. Does that make sense? Sometimes I ramble and never even fully understand what I write.
[quote]
On 2007-05-02 00:04, NewsReporter wrote:
There's no real need to search. It will come out the same no matter what I do....[/quote]

Such fatalism! Oh well... if you can see only such a grim and pointless future for yourself there's not much I can do.

Not even one faint hope of a better outcome?
Cyril is one of the reasons I revived my interest in magic. That was a magnificent trick...thanks for the post, eb02!

It's also nice that I can speak Japanese. If anyone is ever interested in a simple translation...just PM me. But I will tell you that he's not saying anything that you can't simply pick up from the context.

J
J.T., you're right. I should just enjoy the hunt....and I'm sure I will. dude80, awesome offer. I'll take you up on that.
After Cyril's succes of that kind of TV magic with tricks which can be done only on TV, there appeared Dr.Leon, Peter Marvey who did simialr magic. The latter used camera tricks very heavily. Now Japanese people are bored with such kind of TV magic. The magic boom in Japan has ended.

When my wife (non magician) watched Arm Thru Aquarium Glass, she said "There should be no glass, no water". My wife no longer likes magic.

Hideo Kato
Wow, that's interesting to hear. I'm surprised that the boom is over, Kato-San.
[quote]
On 2007-05-04 07:14, Hideo Kato wrote:
After Cyril's succes of that kind of TV magic with tricks which can be done only on TV, there appeared Dr.Leon, Peter Marvey who did simialr magic. The latter used camera tricks very heavily. Now Japanese people are bored with such kind of TV magic. The magic boom in Japan has ended.

When my wife (non magician) watched Arm Thru Aquarium Glass, she said "There should be no glass, no water". My wife no longer likes magic.

Hideo Kato
[/quote]
I have faith in the development of magic in Japan as the Japanese are one of the best thinkers when it comes to magic. Hopefully, they would create a "new wave" in magic which would ignite audience interest once again.

Best,
Charles
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (May 5, 2007 09:25PM)
[quote]
On 2007-05-04 07:14, Hideo Kato wrote:

Hideo Kato
[/quote]

I did not understand that part . . . anyway, thanks for the comment.
Can you understand If I wrote "My wife no longer likes TV magic"?
But she meant she does not like most of recent magicians who did such magic shows on TV.

If you didn't understand "There should be no glass, no water" part, it was that she guessed TV method was used.

Anyway, sorry for my lame expression.

Hideo Kato

P.S.
The magic boom in which any magicians can appear on TV is over. But very few good magicians appears on TV still. I would say "The Magic boom like a storm is over, but magic is still popular in Japan". Sorry again, it was a lame expression of me.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (May 10, 2007 11:00PM)
Kato-san,

thanks for the explanation. I just hope that the last TV boom did spark a new and fresh generation of Japanese magicians, ready to storm the world . . .

Andy