(Close Window)
Topic: In Your Face Change
Hey everyone. This is a video of my in Your Face Change. I'd love to see what everyone thinks of it. Please comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9cLA4XAuEk

Thanks
Bill
Bill,

I think the changes look incredible. Where would one purchase the technique for this?

magiclee71
This effect will be available shortly at http://www.vinnymarini.com. Hopefully in the next week or so the demo will be up on the website. Thanks for the comment

Bill
Very nice Bill
How angle sensitive is the change?
I would love to learn it :)
The angles in this change are nothing to worry about. I would put the sensitivity of the angles on the same line as the erdinase color change. I say that because I based this change on ideas from the erdinase and the ego change. Two of the best changes that I perform combined into one. Thanks for the comments guys.

Bill
Billman,
Very smooth. Great effect.

I would suggest one small change for your new demo video.

I would let the card “burn” into the spectator’s brain for several seconds before making the first change. Or start with changing a number card to a face card or black card to red card.

I think you are going to do very well selling this effect.

Good luck,
John
Excellent looking change, Billman!

I agree with John on making the changes more dramatic by choosing cards that have more contrast. Black to black changes just aren't as dramatic as changing a red card to a back card, or a face to a number.
I appreciate the comments on the idea of changing a red to a black, I agree that it is more dramatic, but this is just a demo of my In Your Face change. I was strickly going for technique and looks on the change. When doing a color change, like the erdinase for example you aren't gonna search for a red card, if the chosen card is black, or for an ace if the card is a king then perform the change. I agree with the contrasting of colors, but that is not what this video is about, it is strickly about the color change in it self and the effect that it achieves.

Like to see everyone likes it.
Thanks

Bill
The demo is almost finished and will be on vinnymarini.com by the end of this week!
Yes, Thanks to CharlieC also who is doing all the editing on this download. He has been very very helpful in every step of the way.

Thanks Charlie.
Sickest change I have seen yet. Very very nice. I will be purchasing this effect and adding it to my arsenal SOON. Thanks bill for the demo. Take care!!!...'Piz'
That's a BEAUTIFUL looking change, Billman - looks like real magic to me.

:) Kaylan
It does look nice. The video speed appeared slow in the clip, which adds to the deception. Will there be a "real time" video coming, as well?

Rick
Rick the effect that you see in the demo is the effect that you get. It looks the same in person as it did in the demo video. Nothing fishy going on here. Thanks for the comments guys.

Bill
Billman - does this change "talk" much? You can't tell with the music going.

Kaylan
Excellent question Kaylan. How much noise does the move produce?
Very visual. Looks terrific in the demo! If Vinny's name is on it, it's got to be great. Nice work Bill.
The move is very well done. On the explanation will the move be properly credited in so far as related handlings that pre-date this handling? Once again, nicely done.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Hey guys, thanks for all the questions.

The noise for this card change: I would put the noise on the same level as the erdinase card change. NONE! or very very very minimal. Nothing that should be worried about.

Yes In the video I have credited two sorces of where I came up with the idea for this change.

Thanks
Bill
Awesome change!!!
I also liked the music in the demo, could you tell me more about it?

Thanks,
Justin
Bill, the change looks beautiful!!

Keep up the good work!

-Vinnie
Awesome Billman! Good for you! Steve
Very nice change! Looks so a magical!
I thought it looked great!

I am disappointed with one thing. I still have not seen this available at Vinny's site yet.
Alright. After a long long wait, In Your Face change will now be available!!!! Check out the website http://www.vinnymarini.com and come monday (tomorrow) the effect will finally be for sale. Hope to see some comments soon from people who purchased the effect and what they think of it. You will not be dissapointed.

Thanks
Bill
Very nice! It looked great. I'll have to pick this one up
Now available for purchase on vinny's site...

http://www.vinnymarini.com
I just downloaded it! Fan-freakin'-tastic! This is the best money I've spent in magic in a long time.

Not only a great change but excellent instructional material. Bill is a wonderful and patient teacher. I once wrote and recorded a how-to-play the guitar video that sold over 50,000 copies in a year, so I know a thing or two about instructional videos. This video is excellent. It's even downloaded in segments to make it easier to follow.

Wow! As fumble-fingered as I am, I sould be ready to perform in week or two.

Excellent job, Bill!

Steve
I clicked on the "buy now" button but all I got was a blank screen. How much is this and how can I order it?

thanks.
I am unsure why you got the white screen, but I would try again and then wait until the page loads, I just tried it right now, and it took a few seconds to load. Hopefully that helps.
Thanks for a very baffling, incredible, easy to perform, like lightning change!
Personally, I cannot believe someone is selling a fregging color change for $15. Publish the thing in one of our wonderful magical peridoicals and stop trying to make a quick buck. This kind of stuff is getting old in magic.

Your friend in magic,
Luke Dancy
[quote]
On 2006-11-01 17:13, Luke Dancy wrote:
Personally, I cannot believe someone is selling a fregging color change for $15. Publish the thing in one of our wonderful magical peridoicals and stop trying to make a quick buck. This kind of stuff is getting old in magic.

Your friend in magic,
Luke Dancy
[/quote]

Luke, as someone who has worked in sales for the past 20 years, I understand your frustration. Still, I don't think your criticism of Bill (and others who have done the same thing) is valid.

First of all, given the specialty nature of the "product," Bill is never going to get rich selling it. Also, given how difficult it is to make a living in magic (I did it full-time for 2 years), I think the little promos that some people put on here are necessary. And, I think it's very nice of Steve to allow these unpaid ads to remain.

I'm fairly certain that if Bill decides to make a full-time endeavor of creating and marketing effects, he will buy a regular ad here and elsewhere.

While there are a few of these "one-off" effects offered on this site at the present, Bill's is a worker and it's something that I will definitely use a lot in my card work. I have bought one download from this site that is pure crap, but, as they say in Latin; caveat emptor.

I think a few folks trying to "pay the rent" here is a small price to pay for the type of fellowship and community we have on this site.

Thanks for reading this and all the best to you in magic!

Steve
This effect is identical to the EGO change by Daniel Garcia IMO. By effect I mean the change in the eyes of a spectator would be identical. Obviously the clean up is different but without fishing for methods what is really the difference between this and Daniel Garcia's/Ray Kosby's change?

Is this original enough to put a $15 price tag on it? I think I agree with Mr. Dancy on this one. I don't think the "its hard to make a living as a magician" is a valid excuse. We need to stop with all this whining $*%T. Try telling that to the millions of americans who are struggling to make a living doing jobs they HATE. If you can't make a living doing magic for magicians then start working for lay people, like I do. that's why magic was created in the first place.
"We need to stop with all this whining $*%T."

"Whining?" I'm sorry to need to make false accusations to substantiate yourself. Next time you feel the need to accuse me of something, email me directly through my website.

Steve
What exactly am I accusing you of?
BTW, notice that I said "We". When did I ever say "Steve". Sounds like someone is a little touchy. Why didn't you answer my questions? You instead fabricated something about me accusing you of something to make me out to be the bad guy. Why don't you answer the questions and stop making excuses for your product.
Two posts in a row about my post? And you say I'm the touchy one?

My product? Another accusation. It's not my product. I do not, nor have I ever had a magic product. I downloaded the video and liked it and said as much, period. I have no involvement with this at all; therefore I cannot answer your questions. Understand now?

By following my post with a post dealing with "whining," the inference is that I am whining. Get it?

I am beginning to rethink my statement about fellowship and community.
The second post was for clarification. Anyway, sorry if I hurt your feelings. The whole whining/making a living as a creator in a saturated marketplace is for a different thread.

Now, is there anyone who can answer my questions regarding the change and what makes it different from the versions I talked of above?
[quote]
On 2006-11-01 19:45, Hart Keene wrote:
The whole whining/making a living as a creator in a saturated marketplace is for a different thread.
[/quote]

Then you should have indicated that in your post. You didn't hurt my feelings (an odd phrase) but I did not appreciate your inference. That's it, plain and simple. No "hurt feelings," just setting the record straight.

And what about accusing me of being the creator of the product in your next post, which is completely untrue? You seeemed to have forgotten about that. Or don't you check to see who's posting what before you start "slinging?"
I already apologized but since you keep going I will defend myself. I brought up whining because of YOUR price justification. I don't think your defense of the price was valid, so I spoke up.

As far as you being the creator or marketer, my bad. But please daddy, give me another good scolding...
[quote]
On 2006-11-01 20:09, Hart Keene wrote:
I already apologized but since you keep going I will defend myself. I brought up whining because of YOUR price justification. I don't think your defense of the price was valid, so I spoke up.

As far as you being the creator or marketer, my bad. But please daddy, give me another good scolding...
[/quote]

"My bad," that makes it all right. I pity people far less nasty than you.
[quote]
On 2006-11-01 20:15, threeshellgame wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-11-01 20:09, Hart Keene wrote:

[/quote]

"My bad," that makes it all right. I pity people far less nasty than you.
[/quote]

So now I am nasty? Just be glad you will never have the pleasure of seeing how nasty I can get. I apologized, I said that it was my bad, you continue to beat the dead horse. I hope it is alright now. If its not, what are you going to do about it? I think we have gotten far enough off the topic of this thread. Lets not butcher this thing anymore. This has clearly gotten personal so we can continue this discussion(if we really need to) via Private messages. I assume that this is the last "personal" posting between us on this thread.

Now, can we talk about the effect and its originality? I have to say that I really like the change, it looks great. It just looks so close to the changes I mentioned above that I have to wonder...

I am not accusing anyone of anything BTW, I just stated MY OPINION regarding the price of this effect. I also asked questions regarding the effect that are in no way out of line. Re-read my original post.
After that post, this exchange is over in this medium.
Wow, not the posts that I was hoping for when I entered this site.

About this effect and how it differs from the EGO Change. In the download of the effect the first thing I state is that I developed this change from two of the BEST color changes that I do daily. The EGO change and the erdanase change. I combined the best of the two, to create, what I would consider, an ultimate color change. The difference from the ego change is not in the look, as you can say that it looks very much a like, but it is in what you can do after the change occurs. If you know the ego chagne you know that after the change occurs, you are stuck to what you do with the changed card. With the in your face change, as seen in the demo, you don't completely cover the cards, the card is changed in view and you can shuffle the deck, make the card reappear, find another card and change that card, back to the original card, a card to wallet effect can come from this and SO much more. It all depends on your interpretation of this effect. I have also posted a video on a differnet website of a card to box routine that this color change works perfectly for. I personally think $15 is a steal for this change.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Thanks
Bill
[quote]
On 2006-11-01 21:06, Billman wrote:
Wow, not the posts that I was hoping for when I entered this site.

About this effect and how it differs from the EGO Change. In the download of the effect the first thing I state is that I developed this change from two of the BEST color changes that I do daily. The EGO change and the erdanase change. I combined the best of the two, to create, what I would consider, an ultimate color change. The difference from the ego change is not in the look, as you can say that it looks very much a like, but it is in what you can do after the change occurs. If you know the ego chagne you know that after the change occurs, you are stuck to what you do with the changed card. With the in your face change, as seen in the demo, you don't completely cover the cards, the card is changed in view and you can shuffle the deck, make the card reappear, find another card and change that card, back to the original card, a card to wallet effect can come from this and SO much more. It all depends on your interpretation of this effect. I have also posted a video on a differnet website of a card to box routine that this color change works perfectly for. I personally think $15 is a steal for this change.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Thanks
Bill
[/quote]

Thank you Bill. The change really does look great. What about angles? I perform EGO and as you know it is angle sensitive. When I do it people always react and look away from the clean-up anyway. What would be the advantages of going with your change instead of EGO?
With this change, the angles of the effect are cut down drastically. You can perform this effect, just as if you were performing the erdanase color change. there is no need to turn to the spectator to get the best angles. face to face is all you need.

Hope this helps
Bill
As I said in my original post, I think it is well worth the money. Nice work, Bill!
Steve
It is a beautiful change, though unfortunately it is out of my price range. Hope to see some more reviews as I would like to someday get it. Billman, may I ask how long the download is (never purchased individual downloads before, always book or video)? Thanks, it really does look awesome.
Robert P,
The download is broken up into about 5 sections, if I can remember correctly. The entire download is a little over 17 minutes long. Not bad for a single color change effect. Most single color change effects, that I've purchased, have been between 10 and 12 minutes long.

Hope this helps make up your mind about purchasing the effect

Bill
I just bought the download and I have to say its a really clean change.
After 10mins of playing around with the sleight ive got it down good looking.
Yeah its a bit high priced but I like the idea of supporting magicians who are not so famous.When I think of the axis change ,which is horrible angle sensitive for real performance situations and its 7,99 or something in this price range.
The IYF change is a colour change youŽll keep performing that's for sure.

Iam happy with another visual kicker in my arsenal ;)

if I need to rate it iŽll give it 8/10.

Greetings from germany
Jerry
Cosmicsecret,

Thank you very much for the kind review. Glad you enjoyed the effect and will impliment it into your routin. I would love to see a video of your handeling and style with this color Change.

Thanks everyone for the reviews also!
Bill
Thanks for publishing this great change. I've bought it last night and it's really visual, non angle sensitive and quiet. Most importantly it's easy to learn, even for newbie like me.

The clean up is a bit difficult for me but as I said, I'm a newbie. I'm sure I can get it smooth pretty soon.

Highly recommended!
[quote]
On 2006-11-04 02:34, Billman wrote:
Cosmicsecret,

Thank you very much for the kind review. Glad you enjoyed the effect and will impliment it into your routin. I would love to see a video of your handeling and style with this color Change.

Thanks everyone for the reviews also!
Bill

[/quote]

I will post a video soon which includes the change :)
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Nov 8, 2006 07:56AM)
I think $15 is a little steep IMO, so I am with Luke Dancy here. For about that price, I have an eBook with five workable card routines gaining acclaim from top Magicians.
Jack Parker has eBooks out with more material in for either the same price, less, or even just a tiny bit more, and Jack doesn't need any introduction as his name is already becoming HUGE amongst Magicians.
For just $5 more you can get a 170 page eBook (England Up Close) full of incredible material.
Joshua Jays eBook for just $18, with about 7 or 8 incredible routines that fools anyone and everyone who watches them.
Aaron Shields Dribble block pass is only $8 and is an incredible sleight that is completely invisible. It is also well taught, and IMO, more useful than a colour change. Usually a colour change comes after a control, so the control is more important.

Just stating what in some peoples opinions is a little overpriced just to learn a colour change that looks like most already out there.
I mean, this am the best COLOR CHANGE.
Super explanation only the quality of the video is bad.
The technology and the idea are unbelievably good.
I think, which is this trick the best of its kind.
I am really gladly it to have bought.
Easy and fast.
Absolutely 10/10