(Close Window)
Topic: Escape Convention - Impressive escapes!
I saw a lot of impressive escapes at this year's Cannon's Convention.
During the show, demonstrations, and thanks to all of them: Bill Shirk, Mark
Cannon, Thomas Solomon, etc..... Congrats to all those who demonstrated their
skill in the lock picking contests and handcuff picking contests. Most impressive
to me, although it may have been lost in some of the humor, was the feat accomplished
by Joe Fox during his "escape from the police" routine. Did anyone else realize
how difficult it really is to legitimately pick open four pairs of S&W handcuffs
(No gaffs, no shimming, etc...) in less than 1 minute 30 seconds??? A VERY impressive
feat for any of us!!! Congratulations Joe. Houdini hid picks using many methods,
but I'll bet you anything he never hid a 4 inch pick up his nose! Yes, that's right
for those who were not there. Joe removed a 4 inch pick from his nose, and used it
to pick open the handcuffs. Also, Bill Shirk did a GREAT SJ escape from the articulated cage during the gala show. And hanging from one boot, not two! Yes,
lots of fun, lots of entertainment, and lots of REAL skill demonstrated by many, including Mark Lyons and Mark Lundblad who faced off in the finale of the lock picking contest. And to Joe Fox who won the big contest on Sunday morning. Thanks to all who were there, to those I mentioned and those I didn't, and to the Cannon's who worked SO hard to bring us together. I await next years convention with
anticipation. Best wishes to all!
Joe Fox was great. He's probably the best cuff picker out there. He's definitely the best that I've ever met. And fast? Lightning fast. If anyone knows cuffs and the best way to pick them, it's Joe Fox. His act, The 'Escaped' Artist, is very funny. Hiding the 4-inch long pick up his nose and watching him slowly retrieve it is just a crack up to watch. And mixed in with his humor, he displays incredible skill and talent. I'm not sure if he's a comedian doing escapes, or an escape artist doing comedy.

Next time you get a chance, ask Joe Fox to show you his escape from a borrowed set of cuffs in full view, with just his empty hands. He performed this for me using my own cuffs and he knocked my socks off! Fox is incredible.
Thanks to Michael Busch, there are some new convention pictures up at my yahoo site,

enjoy them!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cannons4/

Cliff