(Close Window)
Topic: Best "IT" DVD?
I'm looking for some good titles that offer ideas, routines, etc. for working with IT.

I tried to do a forum search, but searching for the term "IT" does not seem to be possible.

Thanks!
Who's afraid of Invisible Thread by John LeClair is excellent.
I second that. John LeClair's DVD is a great resource and I really like his hookup.

Cody
I third that.

That said, if you want to learn the reel work (pun intended) of IT, get Michael Ammar's 3 volume set on IT; if you don't wish to be "bothered" with a reel, the real non-real work is taught on the LeClair video. John's video gives mamy hints and also provides many effects. A very practical "down and dirty" learning video.

Mike
Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Thread Miracles Vol's 1, 2 & 3. This is a MUST-have!
Equally, John LeClair's DVD. That (I believe) comes with thread and putty.

Peki's Art Of Floating is kinda wacky, but has some valuable tips in it.

Kevin James' Floating Rose...another great.

"Best" is relative. Ron Jaxon has some great ideas. Check out The Banquet Room, here in the Café, and the Forum, "Threads, Reels and Anchors". Ron can be found there. He is one of the BEST.

Hope this helps!

Doug
The LeClair DVD gets my vote. The hook up is by far the best I have used.
Ammars DVD's go into more depth. Ammar's DVD's go over all aspects of IT. From stripping thread, different types of IT used, where to get it, the different strengths, he goes over different thread reels, lighting, loops, different hookups, as well as some nice routines, etc.

LeClair's DVD goes over his style hookup and some nice routines.

If you have the money, get both Ammar and LeClair. If you can't afford the 3 DVD set from Ammar, I would get LeClair's.

Just my opinion.
Thanks for the recommendations. Your knowledge is invaluable!

--d.
Just received Ammar's DVD series in the mail yesterday and watched them all last night. One word: FANTASTIC!! Ammar doesn't leave anything uncovered. He also gets you thinking of many other uses for the different hookups. I can't compare this series to anything else yet, but I'm VERY happy with this purchase. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to add to your library. I will order LeClair's DVD once my supplier gets more in.

BEST~~~smitty
Just been researching Jon LeClairs DVD a little, and from reading the contents of what's on his DVD, I think Mike covers all this material on his series. For those who have both, is it worth getting Jon's if you have Mike's.

Thanks~~~smitty
If you are a beginner and you want to take a peak into the world of thread work, go with the Le Claire DVD. It comes with free thread and putty so you can get started.
If you want a full course, then go with the Ammar DVDs.
Message: Posted by: Alejandro Peterson (Nov 8, 2006 07:10PM)
I also agree that Le Clair DVD is amazing, his hook up will give you the oportunity to perform almost impromtu, kevin James routine is amazing, but not easy and you need to set up a little, (For the people who have the Kevin James material is very funny when he perform in Japan and he broke the rose ;)
I would really like to work with IT. I just have a horrible fear of being burned, and I'm afraid that if I'm burned using IT with a layman, it will be next to impossible to win them back. By the way I tok my wife and some invisible thread with me to the castle and tried a couple different effects in a couple of different working spaces (the museum, the Hat & Hare...) and the IT was not very I
I wash astonished by the fact that LeClair`s restaurant magic was solely based on IT in that video...I wonder if it`s the only thing he does.. I now have Ammar`s, curious how that is:)
It's funny, I can't tell you home many times I have seen people on Americas funniest home videos doing the floating credit card that soars a circle around you. It was a great feeling finally having the work in my repertoire. $25,000 here I come