(Close Window)
Topic: Card trick
Not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm looking for a trick that I believe is called Magnetic cards. I could be wrong on the name. Magician takes some cards and lays them out in a circle he then lays his hands on the cards and lifts up, the cards stick to his hand and fall at will. Has anybody heard of such a trick?
I believe one method can be found in one of the Tarbell volumes.

A clue. Another involves a finger ring and something else. Not sure where I saw this one.
I don't know if this is the version you are looking for, but I have a slim Dover paperback called 'Classic Card Tricks' by Edward Victor. On the cover is a photo of him performing 'The Magnetized Cards' and the effect is explained in the book. This version uses no gimmicks and is quite fun to do. Thanks for mentioning it because this book had been shoved into a corner of the bookcase and forgotten. Now that I have it out, I believe I will revive an attempt to work up this magnetized card effect, as well as others from the book. The cover price is $6.95 (I love these Dover reprints).
Gary Plants sells a great verison of this trick, his website is http://www.thecardplant.com
Gary Plants makes great gaffed cards.
'Classic Card Tricks' by Edward Victor

That is one of the better Dover Books in the series.
I'm a fan of them as well.

-Rd