(Close Window)
Topic: Blaine Thread through hand
Hello! I buzzed through drowned alive again last night, and happened upon this effect. It is the one where the thread appears to actually make an indentation in blaine's hand, then actually wriggles through, with a distinctive, whip-like flagella movement at the end. Is this being sold anywhere? or is this effect another trick of the camera? Just wondering. This would be perfect for bizzare effects, or the like. Thanks for all the help,

Best,
Monte
I don't think you'll find this for sale, but if you watch drowned alive again you will see that he actually shows you part of the set-up.
Definatly cant buy that
OK thanks guys.
I still don't get it it...in order to drown you must be alive until the drowning occurs and if you are drowned you are no longer alive, what is drowned alive?
Steve V
You are sooo smart. how perceptive of you. I don't think anybody else is smart enough to pick up on that play of words. keep up the good work man.
I didn't watch the show, not much into performance art, did he survive?
Steve V
Good question
Yeah he did, lol did anyone see his hands...YUCK!
Message: Posted by: expand your consciousness (Nov 17, 2006 11:02PM)
Back to the subject, this is an old trick. Blaine had two different tricks with thread in his hand. One was the one where the thread was like sucked in his palm, a trick, the other was where the needle and thread actually penetrated through his hand and out. I don't know about any setup. But I seen blaine do this a few years ago on tv where he put an acupuncture needle through his hand. This is real anyone daring enough to do it can do it, but you need to understand the anatomy of your hand, hell if I can do this I'll post a video of it. That would be interesting.
Hi all,

I'm looking to develop a presentation, where I appear to pull a strand of hair from a spectator. (In reality, this is a ruse, and I actually have a piece of thread)

Following this, the "so-called strand of hair", then is seen to wriggle into my hand, similar to the thread version used by Blaine.

This is seen to represent the spectator's thought travelling from their head, into my body.

It has been 3 years since the last post, and I was wondering if there has been anything released in the interim period, to make this presentation possible ?

Thanks

Mach
[quote]
On 2006-11-18 00:02, expand your consciousness wrote:
Back to the subject, this is an old trick. Blaine had two different tricks with thread in his hand. One was the one where the thread was like sucked in his palm, a trick, the other was where the needle and thread actually penetrated through his hand and out. I don't know about any setup. But I seen blaine do this a few years ago on tv where he put an acupuncture needle through his hand. This is real anyone daring enough to do it can do it, but you need to understand the anatomy of your hand, hell if I can do this I'll post a video of it. That would be interesting.
[/quote]
Check out Dan Hauss' Through & Through. It is the acupuncture needle through hand. And yes, it is real and no, I will never perform it...ever. :)
Neither Do I, it is just too painful and dangerous!!