(Close Window)
Topic: Gadabout coins
Guess there has to be a first time for everyone to stick their neck out there. What the title says, on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0L-is8fWFM. Would be nice to get some constructive criticism on my very first magic routine.
Don't put a fullstop after you right a link then it won't work
About the video, the first thing I noticed was that you made the coins talk when you put them in the pocket the last time.

here's the proper link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0L-is8fWFM
Thanx, didn't know about the link stuff :)
About the talking coins, yeah I find it hard to keep them totally quiet. The few times I've showed this noone has noticed it though. Got any good advice to keep them quiet?
Jocce, I always keep a bunched up handkerchief or bandana in my right coat pocket for that last vanish. As I place my hand in the pocket, the coin at the fingertips goes into the front corner as I press my palm into the bandana and release.

You are right that there are many conditions when your audience won't notice anyway (in a crowded bar or restaurant, for example). But it helps to be prepared!

(By the way, your avatar looks remarkably familiar to me...)
A bandana or hankie is a good idea. I'll try that. I usually (as if I've done it so many times, duh!) do the last pass with spec holding my fist which I offer to them at the moment I release the coins, off beat so to speak.

About the avatar, I haven't used it before (snapped it yesterday evening). The good looking guy is my son, the baldish one is me... ;)
Jocce,
Nice job.

How about posting an updated version after you silence the final effect.

~John
Yep, I'll work on silencing these buggers. Until then I removed the video.

Big thanx to those who replied :)

PS. Keeping them quiet is the hardest technical part of the routine I think DS.
The reason I commented on your avatar is... you could be my twin!

Have you seen The Prestige yet? Want to do a stage show together some time? (I promise, I am not as "obsessive" as either Danton or Bordin...)
Lol, it could create some nice vanishes and unexpected reappearances.