(Close Window)
Topic: Criss Angel pulls a woman in half
This is a trick that would totally freak people out...and I mean in a bad way. Hell, I was freaked out and I am a magician in training and I just saw it on the computer screen, yet alone live. I really don't see how this illusion is even possible...but then again, it wouldn't be alluring if it appeared 'possible'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6bSESiXUAU
Your a trained magician and fooled by this? Let alone freaked out? Guess "trained magician" dosn't mean what it used too any more.
Re-read what I wrote. I never said I was a trained magician, I said I was a magician in training. I am very new to the craft.
Well either case is odd to be freaked out by it. Heck a lay person shouldn't be freaked out by it.
I agree. Heck...I was even laughing when I saw it. It's an illusion!

Mark. :rotf:
Message: Posted by: expand your consciousness (Nov 24, 2006 10:25AM)
I did see that when aired and it was very funny, Criss's magic is becoming funny, to outrages. Maybe this will be his next style of magic. Comedy magic.
This is why I tell magicians to read about the history of magic. That is an old trick that was performed on the Vaudeville Stage. And some people did loose their lunch after seeing it.
He wouldn't do that. His buddy the Amazing J already has the comedy magic routine down.
Do a search for Johnny Eck.
Wow! Thanks for the lead Dave. Here's the link.

http://www.johnnyeckmuseum.com/about.html

Mark.
I like the fact that Criss is taking really old stage magic and doing them in what seems to be non-stage locations. He is showing magic that hasn't been seen for over 100 years.
Well it has been seen first of all.

And as for taking stage magic to non stage environments, just think of it as changing the traditional look of the stage. The stage rules still exist, the stage is still there, it just looks different is all. Even lighting is brought in.
That is a RIOT!!!

That has to be one of my favorite CA effects. I wonder how long it took those two women to walk and sit so naturally beforehand.

Some real talent involved here.

Doug
Yea the camera man had some great talent.
[quote]
On 2006-11-24 21:43, Dave VanVranken wrote:
Do a search for Johnny Eck.
[/quote]

Was that his daughter "Jenny Eck"? ;)
I guess no one has seen kevin james do his sawing in half? In fact there was a article in magic mag a while back when his assistant passed away.
Let me also say thanks for adding the Johnny Eck link.
[quote]
On 2006-12-05 23:33, sickmagic wrote:
I guess no one has seen kevin james do his sawing in half? In fact there was a article in magic mag a while back when his assistant passed away.
[/quote]

I saw him do it over the summer, it was rather disturbing......
I heard he did this, but I haven't seen it. I also heard he has a new person for the act so you might have a chance to see it again.
I figured that's what was going on. Actually that trick was mentioned in Blaine's book Mysterioius Stranger.