(Close Window)
Topic: Cramped or bil-ink
Which of these two versions of bill to pen cap do you prefer ?
Richard Sanders' version 'cramped' is very strong with the spectator getting to remove the bill from the cap themselves, but can be quite fiddly and requires pens that are hard to get although ungimmicked.
Dave Forrest also has a good version, however the spectator does not get to remove the bill themselves, but is a lot less fiddly and any pen can be used.
I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts to how much the effect is weakened with the spectator not being able to remove the bill themselves.
I love "Cramped" and have modified it just a bit so it can be done anytime anywhere. Do not overworry the size of the marker. I use a 2 hand method, hands in "at ease" position as I step back from the spec, or if seated, hand in the lap. The illusion of the bill in the cap is so perfect you will fool yourself in the mirror.

This can done with regular size Sharpies and even the mini-ones. I carry this (though there is little to carry)always and the reaction is terrific.
John Carney (in Carneycopia) released a thing close to the ultimate solution, where the bill ends up rolled around the refill, not just inside the cap.
Thoughtsexplorer,

If my memory serves I believe that the bill is in the place of the ink cartridge, not wrapped around it. That is how I remember the effect going.

However John Cornelius released a method like this with a pen that matches his perfect pen.

C
I think cramped is a great effect. Very simple and extremely powerful.
People got different taste, but I will go with "Cramped" by Richard Sanders. I like is other rountine using a magic marker. I put both of them together.
Cramped is versatile, not heavy on pocket space and most importantly, amazing! Way to go Richard!

Cheers

Chris
I think David Forrest's version is a lot less fiddly and works really well! He covers some great idea on the Trickery DVD.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (May 19, 2007 12:51AM)
Do you think you could post links to these effects, please?
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (May 20, 2007 03:07PM)
Oh, I have the Sanders Show 1, and I forgot about Cramped. It is the best bill to impossible location there is. Very practical, and no dupes. It's just amazing. Great method as well.
I just watched Richard Sanders Show Vol. 1...

and I am so extreme amazed. I mean hey - CRAMPED is killer.
It's without a doubt the best effect on the DVD.
I think it's one of the best effect of all time.
It is kinda Paperclipped with a bill.
paperclipped has 2 big points/moves. a slight and a s****.
I love it - just love it...
Where in England can I buy the oversize markers required for the Richard Sanders cramped routine?

Best

Jc
I just learned Cramped but I can't seem to find the exact marker Mr. Sander mentioned, Sanford liquid tip I believe. Is the marker still on the market or are there other large markers out there?
I had the same problem finding the pen Richard recommends (I don't think they make that model anymore). I found the Super Sharpie works very well. It isn't as big as the one Richard recommends, but it works.

Now I'm not talking about a magic effect called Super Sharpie, just the Super Sharpie you can get at most office supply stores... Office Depot, Staples, etc.

Cramped is a brilliant effect! Try it!

sdmagic
Does anyone have a video of a Cramped Performance? I'm on the search for a good bill routine, and I've heard all about cramped - But I've never seen it.

PM if you've got a good vid of it - Thanks
[quote]
On 2008-03-17 11:53, rubadubdub wrote:
Where in England can I buy the oversize markers required for the Richard Sanders cramped routine?
Best
Jc
[/quote]

I got mine in WH Smiths
So is it possible to perform Cramped with a regular Sharpie then?

Is there anything else to carry in the pocket besides the Sharpie set-up or are there other gimmicks involved?

Thanks.