(Close Window)
Topic: Making Money
Anyone have any ideas on how to make $4,000 as a 15-year-old in a year?

I want to go on a trip to Europe my school offers.

I don't have enough shows to cover that. I would need to do about 60 or so shows.
I'm 15 as well and touring with Chambers to Ireland which costs $2,029, and my Italian teacher wants me to go to Italy to take an intensive language course which costs a little more than $4,000. Raising the money is terribly difficult. I've been getting sponsors/donations. One guy who owns several of the Dunkin' Donuts around where I live was actually kind enough to give me a payment in full. Nice guy. (If you'd like to review the letter I've sent out, let me know.)

I'm sure there are other ways, but that's all I've been doing and so far it's going well.
Back when I was in my teens I would caddy at golf courses; wash and wax cars; mow lawns; clean yards and sheds; worked at a horse stable shoveling manure; recycled paper, bottles and cans; sold cracked marble jewelry door to door; delivered telephone books and did a lot of things that are probably not even around today.

There's ways to make extra cash if you hustle.

Good luck,
I just did some calculating and when I was 15 (this was in the 70's) I made roughly $5000 working weekends. Four grand can easily be done IF you are willing to work for it.
I guess it depends where you live.

If you live in an Urban area you really can't caddy at golf courses; wash and wax cars; mow lawns; clean yards and sheds; worked at a horse stable shoveling manure; recycled paper, bottles and cans; sold cracked marble jewelry door to door; delivered telephone books.

Furthermore most places won't hire you unless your 18. There also restrictions on the hours you can work.
[quote]
On 2007-01-06 18:44, magicman226 wrote:

I don't have enough shows to cover that. I would need to do about 60 or so shows.

[/quote]

Or one show at $4000.00
Be *sure* to let those whom you work for know what it is your are working
toward. They may decide to be more generous than they had originally intended (or give you an extra large tip!), and/or contact others you find more work.

*Ask* the people for whom you work if they know of anyone who might hire you if they aren't proactive about it.
"Necessity is the mother of invention", if you want it bad enough you will find a way. Please don't do anything illegal because of my advise.
Al Angello
Set up a Single O show per Doug Higley's instructions with one of his creatures.
Small initial investment, and easy cash returns.
Just a suggestion...
But a darn good one.
Gwyd