(Close Window)
Topic: Cellophane for re-seal a card box
Where can I order cellophane for re-seal a card box ? Thanks
I been asking this same question on another forum and never really got an answer.

One thing I do from now on is to remove the cellophane from each deck of cards very carefully. Start with the bottom and use an x-acto knife to peel away the flaps. Then you should be able to slide the rest of it off. Put it away somewhere safe for future projects.

When you are ready to use it again, just slide it back on. Use Scotch magic tape to close it up. When using the tape, cut them into very small enough pieces to seal the cellophane. Remember it should be sealed from the bottom of the deck.

You can buy deck seals from Ellusionist for excellent price.

A lot of people say that I don't need the cellophane to re-seal the box. Just use the new deck seals. They say that the deck seals is enough to give the impression of a brand new deck of cards.

This of course works with the effect that I am using. You did not mention the purpose for re-sealing your decks.

Hope this helps.
Keith
Darwin Ortiz explains somewhere how to open and reseal a deck of card. In his routine, the card box reseals itself with the deck OUT of it (the box is sealed and empty.)

There are easy ways to reseal the deck partially. So, you have to tear up tje cellophane (which is unperfectly repaired) and let the spectators rip the seal off and open the box. That could work for some situations.

I once heard that extra cellophane were on sale, which require some work with an iron to heat it up and reseal a cardbox. Never saw this item tough.

I hope this helps,
Jonathan.
Here's a vid I've got up of a resealed box with cellophane intact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I2qZhZb5oI

Here's what you need: razor blade, and a glue stick - that's it. This box is perfectly resealed, and can be given to any spectator to open...they'd never know.
These are the deck seals from Ellusionist: http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Deck_Seals_USPCC_Bicycle.htm?cat=%7BCATEGORY%20ID%7D
But he is looking for cellophane not the deck seal.
If I remember correctly a few years ago someone sold a kit to reseal 5 decks or such. A number of the bigger dealers sold it. Might try emailing a couple of them.
Mjmmagic.com has deck seals. guaranteed to beat prices.
Again...it's NOT the seals that are being sought. Those are easily found.

It's the entire cellophane wrappers that are being looked for, not the seal stickers.

Mark.
THe kit I had talked about was the seals and cellophane. Probably not being produced anymore, but a few dealers might have some leftovers.

Tom
[quote]
On 2007-01-09 05:00, Jonathan P. wrote:
Darwin Ortiz explains somewhere how to open and reseal a deck of card. In his routine, the card box reseals itself with the deck OUT of it (the box is sealed and empty.)
Jonathan.
[/quote]

This is a super great "time travel" routine, and he does show how to do it....
The Ortiz's method is probably the method Mystico was referring to in his above post as well. As you can maybe guess it from his triumph routine, the deck he opens at the beginning is a deck he resealed by himself.
It's proably less hassle to do it this way than the marketed re-seal set.
Jonathan.
A pretty easy and convincing method is described in The Flicking Fingers' "The Book", The Sympathetic Ten (Jörg Alexander). You can see how it looks on the Fingers'DVD.

Ulli
I believe it was George Schindler who sold this, and it was called Sealed Suprise. Try contacting him, maybe?
Nick
No, Schindler's Sealed surprise is not that at all. It is a signed card in sealed case trick that you can "load" on the fly. But it doesn't provide a method which allows you to give a (re)sealed deck to the spectator to examine.
A couple of years ago I was surfing around the online magic shops and found a product that sold 20 cellophane wraps along with 20 seals so you could completely reseal the deck perfectly and do what ever. but it was expensive. I believe close to 30 dollars. I dollar fifty per deck plus buying new decks to me that would get expensive. So I would rather buy a new deck and just be very very careful. Ive successfully done it numerous times. Then I just save them. Then when It comes time to when I want to use them Shazzam Ive got them Stock pilled.

John

By the way Im sure you could still find the cellophane wraps somewhere. try Ebay. The site wasnt well known which is most likely why I cant remember.
Google: "cellophane wrap"
One result:
http://www.nextag.com/cellophane/search-html

Matt
Even if you have the cellophane, it will be hard to get the tight folds and to fold it the same way as a deck is folded without practice and reconstrction of the original folds that US Playing Card Company uses.

So, in my humble opinion, you are better off using the original cellophane and refolding it.
I have about 18 unopened Bicycle poker decks. They do not have exact perfect folds from one deck to another. Most of the decks from the bottom have folds on one bottom side, while the other end is folded on the side. I wonder if there was any specific reason why they don't have folds on both bottom ends?

Just discovered one of those 18 decks has a box bottom that is not glued shut. Makes me wonder about it. As if they had been tampered with.

Should there be a need to re-seal the deck in Cellophane? Many people in the past have told me that using new seals is all it takes to fool someone into thinking that you are opening a brand new deck of cards. I don't have enough experience to really know.

Later
Keith
Seals are very convincing indeed.

But, how do you work around that cellophane if you so desire it to remain completely in tact?
Carefully ... CAREFUL - LY.
:)
Just my $0.02; but I think seal without the cellphane fools noone but the most ignorant specs. I mean, ripping open the cellophane is a crucial part of that new-deck feeling. For me at least...
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 11:06, Escape Artist wrote:
I own the Wonder Sealer and it works great.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13576
[/quote]

Yes, it does, and I highly recommend it. You can buy the cellophane at:

http://www.magicgeek.com/wonder-sealer-cellophane-refill-2413.html

Buy 30 cellophane refills ONLY FOR $2.99, and use a lamp or some hot surface to seal the cellophane onto the deck. If you don't want to buy the forty five dollar Wonder Sealer. :) Good luck!

If you are determined on using glue, just regular superglue would work just fine.
I buy the wonder seller refills, and I use a lighter for heating and seal the cellophane.
I own the Wonder Sealer and it works great.

It takes a few tries to figure out how to tighten the wrap, but then your good to go

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13576
Message: Posted by: ChrisTheImpossible (Mar 3, 2013 10:18AM)
[quote]
On 2007-01-08 06:26, magicday wrote:
[/quote]

Hocus-Pocus has it for $3.00 a pack and you get 30.
[quote]
On 2013-03-03 11:18, ChrisTheImpossible wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-01-08 06:26, magicday wrote:
[/quote]

Hocus-Pocus has it for $3.00 a pack and you get 30.
[/quote]

Also available at Penguin and Magic Geek. THIS is the way to go on the cellophane. :)

:bluebikes:
Message: Posted by: Open up your mind (May 29, 2020 10:03AM)
I just remove my cellophane very carefully, keep it intact and then put it back on.
I do the same. I keep them in a large until I need them. Grab a cello slip it over the box and a tiny piece of double stick tape on the bottom folds. Like wrapping a present!
Another vote for Wonder Sealer..