(Close Window)
Topic: women street magicians
We know there aren't a lot of women magicians, I wonder about women street magicians...any women performers who do outside performances in the Café? How are your audiences?
Any scary stories--of audience members?

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
New Orleans or BUST 2003!
I saw a hoola hoop lady in Denver at the buskers festival.....

that's about it

:D ...I was in New Orleans last month... got arrested and saw Harry Anderson, ....he came up and talked for a minute.... gave me a buck... and left... seemed like a nice guy
...no one in the audience recognized him... then I said... do you guys know who that was.... and then they realized...

koz
Hi Ellen,

There are quite a few buskers who are women. I can’t think of any pure magic buskers off the top of my head although I know they are out there.

Best,

Dan-
We have a few over here in the Uk, only a very few though, but at least they are out there just like us men! :bigdance:
Koz, You didn't see Fire Girl when you were in New Orleans?

She has a pretty cool show. If you do run into her tell her I said hi and ask her if she is still dating the guy who writes about Juggling hot sarcasm.

Best,

Dan-
In Santa Monica, we've got "Drummer Girl." She makes a comic point of it in her act. She's hunched over her "drums" banging away (her drums are pots and pans and plastic containers and buckets. And she's wearing jeans and sneakers and her hair is hanging over her face, looking androgynis. And she's really great by the way. Amazing, arresting rhythms. And at one point, she lifts her head up and says to everyone, "Yes, I am a girl!"
Jim
Yeah Jim, I worked a gig with the DrummerGirl once, she's a fireball.

As far as women magician buskers, I've known only two, Marianne Heller and Crystal Sinclair.
[quote]
On 2003-01-07 17:52, Eric Evans wrote:
Marianne Heller
[/quote]

DOH! I'm an idiot! How did I forget Marianne!

Best,

Dan-
You know what I like about Ellen? She really makes us work with some of these questions (and all of them deserve to be answered).

Although I must be the first to say I cannot answer this one. . .the scary story part, however would take a while. . .

You can shoot me :)

Ron
Hi Ellen,

I also forgot about Jewels. She is more of an escape / performance artist on the bizarre side of things but she is very, very, good. Not to mention as beautiful as all get out. Check out here website.

http://www.nothingimpossible.net/

Best,

Dan-
Hey--thanks for your compliment Ron...I try! AT least I have hundreds of them!
Anyway I love the Café and you all have been very friendly and helpful.
Thanks for those links dan!
:smiles:
Cellini's wife used to do a show on the street just like he did. She wore his old outfit and everything!