(Close Window)
Topic: Hello from San Francisco
I am pretty new to the SF area and I am an amature in the magic realm but very commited to the art. When I am not practicing the art I work as a RN at UCSF.

Right now I am practicing with cards and coins using Ammar and roths videos and Royal Road and Bobo Coin books. I would love for people to PM me with there lists of must have...tricks or books or dvd's. Since most of my magic is performed at work I lean towards close-up...I also have an interest in doing some side work at various convetions...any and all advice is welcome.

I would love to chat with others who work in medicine and use their magic at work. I also recently registered for MagicLive in August and would love to chat with folks who are going or who have gone.
Welcome to the Magic Café Pseudotheo :welcome:
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Jan 18, 2007 12:23AM)
Welcome to the Café
Welcome to the Café! I'm about an hour or so away from S.F. Welcome to the bay area! S.F. is usually colder than the south bay where I'm originally from, but it's a very busy city with lots of culture.
Welcome to the Café!
Welcome to the Café! You're in the right place.

YOu could try this discussion:

The Magic Café Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Magic books and videos for beginners

Cheers,
Woodat
Hi there,

Welcome to the Magic Café! If you want to learn some cool colour changes, get the Showoff with Cards DVD or the Jeff McBride Art of Card Manipulation set of DVDs.

The Showoff DVD isn't great, but it shows you the stuff and how to do it which is the important bit.

The Jeff McBride DVDs are very good, but not as cheap - its your choice!

Hope to see you around!

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)