(Close Window)
Topic: Does anybody pull a hat out of a rabbit?
Just curious. My other idea was to pull a Rabbi out of a hat, and then say, "Oops! Must've been a typo!"
"Men in Coats" pulls a hat out of a rabbit in their routine.

You can see it here. http://www.koreus.com/media/men-in-coats.html
It's about 2 1/2 minutes into their show.

Keith
The video doesn't work for me, but I'll take your word for it, Keith. Wow! I guess they saw my idea posted here, and stole it from me. I'll just have to focus on my Pulling a Rabbi from a Hat routine.
Johnny Ace Palmer does it, its on his promo video. Its a miniture version, and doesn't use a real rabbit or hat, but still plays well.

http://www.johnnyacepalmer.com/pages/video.html

Other than that, check out the link below for a walkabout character. The picture is in the top right hand corner of the page.

http://www.montana-events.co.uk/walkaboutillusions.htm

Just some ideas!
Andrew Goldenhersh does it But without a hat...He just pulls a rabbit out of his head...It is the most amazing thing you will ever see if you get a chance to see him do it.
Bruce Block does the Rabbi out of a hat... together with the 3 shell game. Very funny. Uses a real guy for the rabbi, complete with bagel.
Thanks for the links, Flec. The magician being carried in a hat by a bunny is really cute!

Christian, I would love to see Andrew pull a rabbit out of his head. If you happen to come across a video link of him doing this, please post it here.

Eric: What! Someone already does the Rabbi out of a Hat routine? I can't believe this! Well, I suppose I could have my Rabbi come out with a bowl of chicken soup.
Thomas Kracker has a routine that culminates with him removing a rabbit from a hat.
Oops! Meant to say hat from rabbit.
I'm assuming that none of these are real bunnies?
The gosham multiplying bunnies you could produce from any sort of hat, and I managed to get hold of a jumbo rabbit (in the same style as the goshman ones, yelow with brown tips). Its about 7 or 8 inches and I use it as my final load. After the 2 adults have produced bunnies, I finish with the big one! Could use this larger one inside a hat?
Someone pulls a habbit out of a rat too...
I heard of a guy who pulls a pack of ciggarettes from a stuffed rat... pulling a habbit out of a rat....
Calamari, I like that! Too bad I didn't think of it first.
If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, but rumor had it that Eric Henning had come up with that, or at least used it quite often. Being a minor, I cannot use cigarettes, or anything of the sort, but that's going into my show as soon as 18 rolls around (about a month).
~Jonathan
Habbit out of a rat... I like it!
I imagine that would hurt the poor rabbit, even with a very small hat. Would you use tweezers or your fingers?
How about a duck?
Why a duck?
They are funnier than rabbit's.
So, you perverted monkey, you would use a duck to remove a hat out of a rabbit?
Cigarette habit out of a rat is funny too... I have seen someone pull a Nun's habbit out of a rat...
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jan 22, 2007 04:53PM)
How about playing a song using fake sausages with bells inside? ..."The Ringing Links".
The idea is clever, but I think only magicians would get the joke.

Bill
Perhaps Josh meant to say... "The Rinking Lings" ?????
[quote]
On 2007-01-20 15:17, Lucia Von Franz wrote:
Why a duck?

[/quote]

Didn't Groucho Marx have a whole routine base around that catch phrase.... "viaduct!?"

...because you shouldn't buy a chicken? :rotf:
[quote]
On 2007-01-19 19:48, todsky wrote:
Habbit out of a rat... I like it!
[/quote]

Todd... is that really you?....

I thought you were disconnecting from the cyberworld for the next little while.

Oh well, good to have your punny jokes back in the "right" forum.

By the way, don't you think that pulling a habbit out of a rat is less painful than pulling a rat out of a hobbit?! :rotf:

(it's late, and I just can't seem to get enough of these smile codes....)

Jonathan
First time I did that was back in the 70's. After Harry Anderson did it on TV people thought I got the idea from him. Workds that way some time.

Certain ideas are readily availible and picked up from the collective unconcious comedy venue. Love the idea of the Rabbi....didn't think of that one..can I use it?

Shalom..

Harris