(Close Window)
Topic: Chelman for president!
I've just been reading some of the past 'Guests of Honor', on the Café and although they all offer their own kinds of wisdom, some have left me disappointed, and even a little bored. This is mainly because they don't speak to the type of magic that I'm interest in practicing and performing. That got me thinking about who I would like to hear more about and from. It would have to be someone fascinating, someone bizarre. I think that Christian Chelman would make a great future guest (provided he wants to be one). Anyone know what needs to be done to make such a thing happen? Start a petition or something? Chelman for president! ;)
I agree. I will start the invocations now....
The yellow board may very well be the board par excellence for accomodating such a valid and noble request.
You've got my vote!
[quote]
On 2007-01-21 20:15, Harlequin wrote: Chelman for president! ;)
[/quote]

Not President, but King !
I live in Belgium, still a kingdom. (yes, with brainless princes and princess, evil grandmother, probably some hidden dragons and more) ;)

Otherwise, the yellow forum is open too.
OR...you can send me tickets to come stay with you for a little apprenticship :)
My apologies for forgetting the political state of Belgium. I would love to make it there myself one day. Can you imagine if bizarre magicians were actually in charge. Mwwwhahaha.

I knew Baba would be on board with this idea, but quite trying to steal my potential apprenticeship! I ain't sucking up for nothing you know. :P
....and of course when I say 'quite', I actually mean 'quit'.

....and in the initial post when I say 'interest', I mean 'interested'.

just thought I'd clear up those spelling details. :)
No worries...if you win--ill simply shapshift into YOU.....taaaHAHAHAHAAAA...

no really, lets get The Worshipful Master to be a guest, here or o'er yonder...
[quote]
On 2007-01-22 03:01, Gede Nibo wrote:
No worries...if you win--ill simply shapshift into YOU.....taaaHAHAHAHAAAA...
[/quote]

Well, you may want to see what I look like before you suggest that..... http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/ugly-people-398.htm

Seriously though, forgive my ignorance, but 'yellow board'?
HAHAHAHAHA...

ITS WHATS ON THE INSIDE WHAT COUNTS, GRANNY USED TO SAY.....

YELLOW BOARD= BIZARRE.NET
Hey I agree......lets get him on it. I love Capricornian Tales and would like to see what other insights he has to share. Thanks Baba. I had to get it after reading Vo DU Ma gick. Hmm...I see Hauntiques in the near future.

Alton
Baba, that is "bizarremagic.net."

YELLOW BOARD: http://www.bizarremagic.net
Well, 'xcuse me---I THOUGHT WE were a bunch O' mind readers 'round here...

frauds...

:)
LOL! :rotf:
The Curator or I start nagging!!! (worked for the crypt!)
Well that's 6 people on board so far, not including the Curator, who may be biased.
And Bill may have posted just to have a go at Baba, but still it's the quality of the petitioners that counts.

Nagging sounds a good idea pkg. The hallowed halls of the magic Café (or bizarreMAGIC.net should resonate with a chorus of voices chanting, "Chelman, Chelman, Chelman", until the request is granted.
Jeez! My message just vanished! Someone must be doing magic! I replied to Harlequin that I want to see Mr. Chelman as Guest of Honor! It was he who showed me the Bizarre Path (The Path that is no path).

Bill
Free Chelman!

--The Mechanic, Little Egypt, Mousewoman and Isnot Liwok
Free Chelman!

--Eddie
[img]http://static.flickr.com/41/89336916_3544b37788.jpg[/img]

Yes, my father's name is really Willy...
Alright free willy chelman! :)
Free Chelman? I didn't know he'd been apprehended. I'll bake a cake with an antique 17th century file, that once belonged to the most notorious murderer of the 1600's inside.

I've PM'd Steve Brooks with the Guest of Honor suggestion. If no answer is forthcoming, I'll begin the dream incantations.
[quote]
On 2007-01-21 22:37, cinemagician wrote:
You've got my vote!
[/quote]

and mine!
Is he enough old to assert the title of Permanent President of a Magic(k)'s Klub ? :)
With a huge Duck on his Flag?
Why a duck?

--Isnot Liwok
Minister of Information for Free Chelman!

Don't send help.
Help gets lost.
[quote]
On 2007-01-23 19:10, Lucia Von Franz wrote:
Why a duck?

--Isnot Liwok
Minister of Information for Free Chelman!

Don't send help.
Help gets lost.

[/quote]

WHAT IS "I SMOKE REAL GOOD STUFF," ALEX. (jeopardy)
Schroedinger's duck!
"If I had the answers in front of me then I'd be the clever one."

--Isnot Liwok
I once had the pleasure of seeing Schroedinger perform his duck bucket illusion, but the duck came out dead. He told the audience he could have sworn it was alive when he put it in there.
In the "many worlds" interpretation of his act, the duck is alive in one world and dead in the other. So, in that other world he merely takes a bow. Of course, in a large (infinite?) number of other worlds, Schroedinger did not perform the duck bucket illusion at all. Interestingly enough, in some wildly improbable worlds, Schroedinger never performed magic and became a physicist.
I came in late, are we voting for free smoked duck at Christian Chelmans?
I love smoked duck, I vote yes. Is Schroedinger going to be there at the duck dinner?
Duck for Khing

[img]http://edge2.hotshed.com/images/697/697555_1_214_1.jpg[/img]

Join the CHELL'S ANGELS BIKHER KHLUB (Don't ask why the "H"'s, it's top sekhret)*

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3899/chells3.jpg[/img]

*No, I'm lying, it's because Belgium is a khingdom.
[quote]
On 2007-01-24 01:38, The Curator wrote:
Duck for Khing
[/quote]

That's just obscene....when said out loud.

Incidentally I prefer Peking duck, but duck a l'orange is a famous French dish and French is the language that a good percentage of Belgium people speak. As Mr Chelman is from Belgium, the duck issue is a valid, albeit esoteric reference.
Card duck ( pardon my french!) is a devilish totem strongly powerful to attract and unmagicing the poor lost souls...Don't you never heard about some weird and creepy urban legends about men whom lost their souls in a magic club...doing thing around a (sorry again:)card duck...like a puppet in front of...stunt spectators! You heard it, don't you (please don't lie)?
Yes my friend! This is a Doom-Totem, a evil artifact, dangerous and often, unfortunately...fatal, making walking lost persons as dead-men on stage!
Watch out, foolish mortals! Don't underestimate the evil power of the...(sorry, last time)Card Duck!

Some brave hunters drag the world to save souls for the glory of The Art of Magic: God save the King.
Q: What's the difference between a duck?

A: One leg is both the same!
Viaduct?
The duck has seen too much, it's time for its demise.
Hmm..but how to kill it? if you try to chop off its head it might...............................duck.,.....

hahahahahahaaaaaaaa

whats Iraq's national bird?

duck.
Irakh ?
Maybe the duck will get a job as a stand-in for the AFLAC duck...if not just shoot the sucker because it might scare children.

TEB3/Lary
How about a LAME DUCK? I saw one last night.

Bill
Lame Duck,
Sounds very similar to the words I uttered last night, but not quite.
Egregore, you must have been watching the same thing I was!
(and I know what you said!)

Bill
Congratulations are in order Mr. Chelman for the stunning review of the masterful Hauntiques in this months Genii.
***, I don't have the magazine.
One of the longer book reviews I've seen in a while as well...but of course :)
Genii should have devoted an entire issue to Hauntiques. Particularly considering how long Mr Kaufman denied the world this wonderful tome.
They could have at least sent Christian a free Copy.
Christian, Curator...
I thought it was the dragon who ruled over Belgium, with the princes as courtjesters and the fairy grandmother guarding the treasure ?
Have I missed someting ?
Something like that...
[quote]
On 2007-01-25 18:53, Harlequin wrote:
Genii should have devoted an entire issue to Hauntiques. Particularly considering how long Mr Kaufman denied the world this wonderful tome.
[/quote]

Genii is going to publish a feature on Christian Chelman in some months' time, with a looooooooooooong interview (that will be an eye-opener) and some unpublished tricks (plus - tentatively - a couple of tricks out of Hauntiques ;) ). Stay tooned!!! :)
Wonderful news MPMagic!!!!
I just want to say (or type) that I have recieved both of Christians books yesterday along with Pentalogy by R. Shane. These are GREAT books from what I have read and I am starting to think about doing more bizarre Magick and change my own effects toward the Bizarre. I've had some bizarre books before, just never performed anything from them with the exception of a few Doc Shiels effects in pure darkness. Baba's new book should be here soon also. Now I have to spend more money on Antique boxes, crucifixs, voodoo dolls, etc......

Mike
Well, you're in for a treat the coming days... As for Christian, I'm perhaps biased (I live in the same bizarre country), and Shane was and is a "mizarrist" avant la lettre... It's a shame he doesn't come here for coffee as well...
My PM to Steve Brooks about this issue has thus far been ignored, or unread. Has anyone else taken any actions or have any suggestions to see if this idea can be made a reality? I'm talking about Christian Chelman as guest of honor, not any of the duck related topics. :)
I'm bringing this thread back to life as I just got a PM from Steve Brooks asking what the link to this thread is. (not sure whether that's good or not) ;)
But if you didn't before, or even if you did, please add your voice to support this noble cause. :)
Christian deserves to be invited as a VIP.
Here Here...Christian Chelman would be a most welcome "Geist" of Honor!
Is so!
That made me smile! :)
Yes, having Mr. Chelman would be wonderful!

Bill
I've noticed that the guest of honor for this month, Jerry Andrus, is unfortunately ill and so his visit to the Café has been canceled. Might I suggest that this would be a good time to PM Steve Brooks and suggest Christian Chelman? In the group PM that Mr Brooks sent out, he does invite suggested guests, so I don't think this is too opportunistic of an idea.

I hope no one thinks I'm flogging a dead horse with this! :)
Not at all, but I think Christian should be invited in properly and not as a replacement for someone else.
Agreed.
Have I missed something or would it be the first time that a bizarrist / storyteller is named as "guest of honour" ?
My understanding is that Steve Brooks is asking for possible future GoH... not necessarily for a replacement for Mr. Andrus. I may be mistaken, as I've already deleted the broadcast message :(

-- Marco
[quote]
On 2007-03-04 04:16, MPMagic wrote:
My understanding is that Steve Brooks is asking for possible future GoH... not necessarily for a replacement for Mr. Andrus. I may be mistaken, as I've already deleted the broadcast message :(

-- Marco
[/quote]

He is looking for a replacement, in the PM he said

"In the meantime, should any of you have any thoughts or suggestions for who might make a good Guest this month, please do not hesitate to let me know via private message or contact me at:"
Fair enough. Of course, if he gets asked, it's entirely up to him. He'll always have a position of honour in the bizarre magick community. :)