(Close Window)
Topic: Peter Loughran's New 'Elevator' Street Levitation
Well I did it I came up with a way to levitate off the ground, I wanted to make one that would work under real situaions, for working pros, so here I bring you,
'The Elevator', Going up?

But unlike all the other street levitations out there, and while I love them all and they all have their advanatages, mine is a revolutionary idea that leaves you clean before and after, there is no stepping on one toe or special shoes, or special clothing. This is also not a reverse balducci!

You don't have to take your shoes off, and you can use any shoe you like or none at all!!

Best of all you have very little angle problems. This one can be viewed from the front, or sides, all at once. I have a street levitation that requires very little practice and uses my new Elevator levitation device, that is designed for the working professional.

With my levitation you simply walk up at any time and float right in front of your audience plain and simple, but without altering your shoes, or even having to stand with your back to them on one toe. This is the perfect one man street levitation, and I'm so excited about it.

It's not on our website yet and it has not been officially released, but if your interested in seeing just a sample demo, let me know, we want some feedback before we price it and I will email you the avi file, for you to watch and drool!

It will be released in couple of weeks, price: N/A

P.
Wow Peter this sounds great!

Now, does it involve walking into an open doorway, and having the door slide closed behind, before you levitate?? I think I have seen that one before. ...

But seriously Peter, it sounds like you have a winner! I would love to see it!

Look for my email...

BroDavid
I would love to see a demo. hope it comes out soon
Hey Peter! Congrats on the new effect. You know I'm a fan and I'd love to see a clip of your work.
This sounds like *REAL* magic to me ... I would love to see the clip.

Steve
As one who has been using the Mike Bent Zero Gravity for sometime please count me and send me AVI.

Regards

Scott
Sounds good. Love to see the demo too!
Wow! I had an overwhelming response to this, and therefore I am unable to respond to everyone. My email was full! But for those of you that have seen the sample, thanks for your comments and time. We have such a better video comming out of this effect that will show it in effect in real situations. Please stay tunned.

Remember this, both feet come off the ground and are parallel to each other and can be viewed from the front or side views. This is NOT a manuscript, or pdf file, or video, this is a mechanical device that levitates you off the ground several inches. You get something with this. You don't need special shoes, in fact you can do this barefoot!!! Which will be on the new video coming out.

Oh and I may have forgot to mention you can do this close up, I mean really close, in fact the closer someone is to you the better it looks.

Again thanks to all those that took the time to view it, and give me the comments we need to improve the demo including the lighting. This was just a homemade video that I had everyone check out, so it had it's problems with lighting, it was a little dark, but not too worry, the professional video is being shot this week and the release will be launched shortly after.

Thanks all, you guys are all awesome,
P.
Dear Peter, I would like to watch your DEMO too! >_<...

Michael :vgoofy:
Sounds very good! Would please be kind enough to send me a demo?

Regards
Peter,
You've become quite the inventor. I can't wait to see this one in action. Keep 'em comin'.

Sable
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I have seen the footage and it has tremendous potential... perhaps the next Big thing in so called, "Street Magic"

We finally get to see the entertainer face forward instead of watching his back.... and yes we can see his toes and heels rise.

You do finish clean and start clean as well.. no awkward preliminaries or dumps as evidenced by viewing the AVI file...

YOu see friends if you spend less time here and more in the workshop, ideas like this,
"Spring Up" so to speak, eh Peter?

I anxiously await the pro-footage! Good going chap!

Respectfully submitted,
rr :stuckinbag:
Definitely count me among those extremely interested in your levitation. I've purchased or learned just about every levitation out there, but this one actually sounds like what everyone's been looking for. My credit card is ready when you are!

Leo Martin
[quote]
On 2003-01-10 05:58, Peter Loughran wrote:
Wow! I had an overwhelming response to this, and therefore I am unable to respond to everyone. My email was full! [/quote]

Isn't it easier to put the demo video on the site?
I believe Peter was just running a survey for preliminary reactions and comments from a few parties in the Café'....

He is going to produce a higher quality video this weekend which will then be uploaded to his site in response to your question.

The AVI file was just a rough preliminary run to get some feedback as to what the final footage should look like and have in the sequence.

I am very excited for Peter as we should all be! :stuckinbag: "Happy Landings"
How much will this cost Peter? I'm sure everybody would like to know and count me in on one that would like to see your demo. If you don't have an exact price yet we understand.
Look who you are talking too? :D

Of course I am very interested, and can't wait to see a video/buy it!
The levitation sounds great!!
It really seems like it will be the tops of the tops with it eliminating all those conditions you have to deal with other levitations.
I am very interested in the levitation, let me know whenever you're showing your demo again, I would love to see it!!
Thanks and Sincerely,
Mack
Mack Magic
I think I need a second email address. :lol:
Thanks for the interest guys. I will not be emailing the vid anymore. As ReyRey stated above I only needed a few to take a gander. I want everyone else to wait for the better filmed version, in better lighting and so forth. But it won't be long, it should be out by the end of the month. Unfortunately I can't give an exact price until we work things out with our suppliers and interested distributers if we decide to go that route.

Thanks everyone, for your interest in my products. Keep a close eye for future new original effects, I'm just getting started!

P.
As indicated by others, and by Peter himself, the initial video was just a "taste" of the real thing. And a more substantial video with better lighting and one that really shows the effect as it would be performed is coming soon.

I saw the video and can say that Peter is really on to something special! The initial video wasn't great quality, but it was good enough to show that the common problem issues with most levitations are not an issue with this effect.

Great Work Peter, This effect is awesome!

And YES, I will certainly buy one when it is ready.

BroDavid
Hope the price is not to high so that everyone can afford...

Can't wait for the new vid to release...
Peter told me an estimated price, and I was very surprised to find out that it was LOWER than what I had expected. There is a mechanical device that levitates you off of the ground that is costly to make, so don't expect it to cost really low. I don't want to quote Peter's price, just in case there are changes, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the price.
Yes, the retail Price won't be confirmed until it's released, but I can promise you that it will be very affordable, under 3 digits usd.

I just finished some segments out on the streets of Toronto today, blowing away passerbys and shop owners with the effect, for scenes to be used in our new ad video. Boy was it cold out there today..lol

I levitated over a puddle of water, and I think I really freaked some people out as they could see the bottom of my feet in the reflection of the water and still saw nothing. I walked away and after I got about 20 feet away I turned around and saw them in shock putting their hands in the puddle looking for....well I don't what they looking for...lol.

You guys are gonna have lots of fun with this thing!

P.
Incredible!
I saw a rough cut video of this effect. And the only word I can use to describe it is MIRACULOUS! You just stand there and float.
I can't explain it. I think Peter has finally sold his soul. Although I think he got the better deal!

Chad
Message: Posted by: MichaelSibbernsen (Jan 14, 2003 02:05AM)
I too had a chance to view Peter's video. The levitation indeed looks very good. I did feel it was done a little too quickly, but Peter assures me this was a function of the equipment used and can be slowed down. This true, it looks to be an excellent illusion.

Best,

Michael Sibbernsen
OK, OK, as much as I hate street levitations, you all have piqued my interest! This sounds like a killer effect! I am looking forward to seeing the “smooth” cut video on site. Knowing me, I’ll buy one and have it in a show (maybe even on the streets) right away!

Keep us posted Peter!
Hi Peter,

A quick question if I may:

How practical is the illusion? Is it something that can be ready to do at all times, practically?

Brian
Unlike most people, I'm interested in the price, :bg: Peter, although you say under 3 digits about how much money will it be?

-Max
My only request is that the video be truthful ;) I don't recall there being ANY setup in Kings Rising either...until I bought it that is. Editing made that video seem much more miraculous then it was. (No offense Corey)

-Dan
Peter you're an answer to my prayers :bg:

Levitating off the ground is one of my favorite tricks of all time.
I know Peter is no longer emailing out the first AVI file, but could anyone who had it emailed to them by Peter please forward it to me? It would be greatly appreciated. Please send it to my email acocunt on AOl:

ZchAlln@aol.com

Thanks in advance.

Zach Allen
Zach I have asked all who have seen the effect not to be sharing the video.

I want the majority of the magic community to see the properly filmed video so you can see its full potential in better lighting and infront of real people in real situations, not the rough cut.

The rough cut is only a homade demo and does not do the illusion justice, Yet I know it still looks amazing. Don't worry we have already begun filming and it will be out very soon, I promise.

And yes the video will be very truthful, What you see in the video is how it will look if you were actually there.

Those that have seen the video can vouch for me and tell you that the camera does not cut away and the feet are seen in full view through out the video from start to finish. You can't get anymore truthful than that.

I know that Corey King's levitation had the camera cut away while the magician was doing the special set up, but I think Corey's explination for that is they did not want people to keep watching the video over and over agian until they could figure it out for themselves and not buy his product. And I can certainly understand that, but there is nothing for the spectators to see while standing infront or at the sides while you perform The Elevator, so I have nothing to hide and you can watch the video until you are blue in the face, you simply cannot see the device, and like I said above what you see is what you get...an incredible street levitation that does not have the angle and viewing distance restrictions found in the other levitations.

I am very proud of this idea and will be releasing it with a great amount of pride. You will get the device, look at it and say, *** That is so clever, this actually works, and in real situations.

With the Special device you will also recieve a manuscript and a cd that can be uploaded on your computer that will in detail show you the wonderful things you can do with The Elevator, including the straight forward levitation, a mid air rotation, and using volunteers in the routine to assist with the levitaion standing next to you and holding your hands while you float up and down.

Again Im sorry but at this time I cannot give an exact price. I am trying to keep it as affordable as possible, and it will be under $100.00 that's all I can say at this point. We are still in the decision process with possible ditributers, dealers, wholesalers(if we go this route)and are also waiting on our suppliers with their information. I hope you understand. A price should be availabe next week.

Ill keep everyone posted about new developments in the releasing of The Elevator.

P.
Ok Peter, I'm sorry for asking, I didn't know that you didn't want it shared. I look forward to seeing the demo. This all sounds great!

Zach Allen

This question hasn't been addressed yet Peter...How high do you levitate off of the ground? Thanks.

Zach Allen
It has by me! :D Peter informed me that the height will be around that of my effect, King Rising, possible a little higher.

Well, Peter was kind enough to share the Rough Cut clip with me (Please don't bother Peter...he's working on the *real* video now which will blow you all away when it;s ready!) and I am very impressed. I think that the Elevator has a lot of potential, and really looks cool! Very few angle problems too.

Great job, Peter! You've heard me say it a dozen times -- I can't wait for the release!!
mid air rotation!!!??!!! oh my god, this is too good to be true!!! someone pls tell me this is not a dream....if any....
I can vouch for the fact that the feet can be seen before and after the effect.In the rough cut I saw, he made it a point to lift each foot off the ground so you could see the bottom of the shoes before and after the effect. When you see the smooth version, you will be in for a treat! Prepare to be fooled!

Chad
Hey Peter,
I wanted to drop you a line and compliment you on your awesome work. That levitation was amazing. I wish you luck in your latest project.

People, trust me when I say that this levitation is incredible. Its the best I have seen in a loooooooooong time!

:angelbear: For those who have not had the oppourtunity to see it, here is the closest thing to it. Nah, just kiddin.

Peter, once you market it, hook your ol' buddy up. Alright? :)
Later,
Brian
:wow:
Add me to the list of people who can't wait to see the new video! Hope it's done soon!
Although the new vid is not ready here is a little pic(sorry this is the biggest I could get it to upload on the Café)...lol
Lol mid-air rotation...what really startles me is that it is a "device".... lol how weird...Good luck on the levitation. By the way Peter, is the device one of those things were you say "How did I not think of that?" after you buy it? :bg:

-Max
Did you see the picture? It looks even better than the video! A full size picture is available at Hocus-pocus.com.

I'm sure the device is one of those "Why didn't I think of that?", like most tricks. The thing is, Peter DID think of it :D.
Hey Corey, thanks for the heads up about Hocus-pocus.com . Looks like they've already struck a deal to sell Peter's levitation and hope to ship the first week in Feb. I've already got my order in... woohoo!

Leo Martin
No problem! By the way, no I'm not a spokesman for Peter's levitation :D. I am just excited that there is another levitation out, and that picture DOES look great!

Max, no my levitation wasn't inspired from Steve's FFF. I am good friends with Steve, though. He is the God of Levitation!
I want to put in a pre-order so so bad....

but could you answer this one question, which I don't think has been addressed yet?

Is this an effect that could be done in an impromptu situation, basically meaning... could I, practically speaking, have this set at all time to do... even when I'm not planning on performing?

I think that would be amazing....

Either way, I'll probably still order. Just would like to know this.

thanks
-bp
Well, if you don't plan on performing than why would you have the gimmick set up? ;)

Just playing. From the information I've gathered, I would say that if you have the gimmick set-up, you can perform it at any time, anywhere. Of course, I do not know what the gimmick is, so don't quote me on that one...but I'm almost positive that it's possible.
[quote]
On 2003-01-14 19:18, Peter Loughran wrote:
I am trying to keep it as affordable as possible, and it will be under $100.00 that's all I can say at this point.
[/quote]

Technically it's over a $100 if you add shipping and handling :bg:
So far I have resisted all of the marketed lev's with the exception of Corey's. I never felt they were any stronger than the old Balducci. But if this is even half as good as the picture it should be worth it and $100 is pretty cheap for a mechanical wozit. I think I will put in a pre-order.
Well, for those hesitant on shelling out the dough before it's released, rest assured that I will post a review here the very same day I receive it. But if it's as good as we all hope, then I predict a serious backorder after the first production run.

Leo Martin
Well to answer some more questions,

Gtxby33,

I don't see whats so wierd about inventing a device to aid you an illusion :confused:
Laugh it you want, but beleive it or not yes you can perform a quater turn rotation with the aid of 2 spectators standing next to you holding your hands, you can trun in mid air from the front to the side and back again.
Also yes you will open up the contents and say wow this is clever and why didn't I think of that?...But you didn't, so if you like the effect then buy it to support my invention. You see when people find out the secret of the gimmick I have no doubt in my mind that a select few unethical people will try to duplicate the device themselves in order to save a couple of bucks. But you see if I were to find myself getting ripped of alot, I simply will stop releasing my products, rather than sharing new magic and new methods to the magic community for all to enjoy. I am not trying to deceive people with the ad, nor am I trying to make it seem better than it is. The device is simple but I simply want everyone to know what you can really do with this. But Im not asking you or anyone else to buy the effect, its simply there if you want it.

magic559,

Heres what you do, you wake up in the morning and set it up (which takes less than 3 seconds) you walk out the door and begin levitating for people anywhere, anytime, all day long. I wouldn't sleep with it though...lol

I just wanted to bring the world what Mr. Blaine did but without the camera tricks. I wonder if he will buy one...lol?

And just a quick note to Corey, No he is not a spokesperson for me. Infact I guess you could say we are in competion now. I think he was sincerly happy for me an knows what it takes to come up with a new method for self levitating. I love King Rising, and it was a bit of an inspiration for me, and all I have done is come up with a new method to an old effect.

I have just finished closing a deal with Hocus Pocus they will be my exclusive dealer of the effect for now. You may also buy it from me direct and its listed on my site now, with the video to follow shortly.

Enjoy!

P.
I really am sincerely happy for you, Peter. It's tough to come up with a method for levitating while still trying to think outside of the box. I can just imagine what you went through trying to come up with your levitation.

I am in total support of The Elevator, and I'll be one of your first customers. I hope you sell a ton of 'em, and I'm SURE you will!
Hey, the picture on the HOCUS POCUS web site looks absolutely *&^% $$@#$% &*(&^^% INCREDIBLE!!! Congrats, PETER.
I already ordered it too!!!
Thanks Peter, this is just what I needed.
$100 bucks, com'on guys, support Peter!
Cheers,
James
What a shame that such a brilliant idea is being sold so cheaply. How long before the rip-off's appear and the exposure starts I wonder? Quite soon no doubt, especially given that at least one contributer to this thread is already guilty of such behaviour. You know who you are.
[quote]
On 2003-01-16 00:40, Steve Knight wrote:
What a shame that such a brilliant idea is being sold so cheaply.
[/quote]

Cheaply? A $100 dollar spending money doesn't come that often for me Steve. My GF would kill me if she finds out I've spent a $100 for one trick :lol:

I did sold four of my PS2 games just so I can pre-order Peter's Elevator trick though :bg:
If the angles are so good and it can be performed in such an impromptu way, then without any doubt it will be the best street levitation out there.

100$ is cheap, but not too cheap for us students who are still in the beginning phases of magic. But it is still a good price. Thanks Peter. This will be another purchase from you, apart from the Ultimate Cane.

And Guys. Do take care of this illusion when it comes out. Do not over expose it. It is for everybody's good and for Magic's. I would still be able to perform with ease here in Malta as we are far away from you, and I am sure it will not be exposed here. It is for you that I am saying this.

Another question. Peter, will you be selling this at FISM this year. I would save the postage to Malta. Thanks again.

Ivan
Peter you can also look at me as another buyer preordering it. Looks great in the picture at Hocus Pocus.
Peter,

Can I ask few Q's about it,

Do you rise parralel off the ground or
sort of lift up your heels and then lift up
your toes??

Is it easy to walk around freely wearing
the gimmick??

Thanks
Is the videoclip already ready?
$100 may be a little steep for some, but I have to be honest... I was expecting a much higher price when I first read about it, so I was relieved. If it indeed does what's advertised, it's gonna be the levitation bargain of the decade.

I have to agree though, that it is unfortunate that the lower a great trick is priced, the quicker it's secrets seem to get divulged... which is why I feel Corey probably underpriced KR. I imagine it's tough for those in the business to decide how to price these things as there seems to be some real pros and cons no matter how you price them.

Let's hope the secret behind Peter's Elevator will remain such for a long time.

Leo Martin
Elevator is going to be the no.1 hit single at the magic chart for 2003 & many years to come....
I too, have mixed emotions about the price.

The effect is downright incredible and from everything that Peter has said (Publicly and privately) this is simply an astounding effect!

It is certainly worth more than $99.00. But Peter is a businessman as well as a terrific magician, and it would seem that he understands that no matter where it is priced, some people will be on either side of the argument about too high, or too low. And he could have agonized over it all for several months. But he did not. He made a decision to price it fairly, and he moved forward and he did it.

Done deal!

Nice job Peter. We could all second guess. But none of that matters now. I think your strategy of 1. Announce, and 2. Price fairly, and 3. Deliver.......

is right on!

I can't wait to get my hands on one!

BroDavid
I just wanted to say great picture on hocus-pocus.com I will try to preorder it soon.

Like several people already mentioned, try to not expose what might be one of the best levitations to come soon, by word of mouth or by not practing enough once you might receive it. This of course goes to me and all performers of whatever you do when it comes to whatever or any magic you might do. I'm not saying you do this at all.

All in all, I'm just trying to say, let's not try to take out the 'magic' of some real magic so magicans and spectators can both enjoy the real beauty of performing to get an aww' and being entertained.
Sincerely,
Mack Magic
Just preordered mine Peter. They have 40 on the waiting list now and this list is going to grow really big for the people that are serious about it. Thanks again Peter.
I will try to preorder it too. I think the price is OK, because you probably don't want everybody to know the method like the balducci levitation. Only people who are serious about magic will know the secret and be able to perform it.
Just one problem,

What do you do when they say AAAAH the one
Blain shows, they have exposed it as well.

What do we do then???

Show the secret and prove them wrong???
Allmagic, if you took the time to look properly, you would see it is done from the front. So they can't say you were 'standing on one toe', also you should never even think of revealing a secret. Magic isn't about proving people wrong. Think before you type. ;) :lol:
Posted by hackmonkey

Quote:
---------------------------------------------
Allmagic if you took the time to look properly, you would see it is done from the front.

BUT the Genral Public don't think that.

What to do if they asume this is just a
balducci levitation.
This effect looks even better that the levitation effect the camera saw Blaine do in his special. If this effect is as good as it sounds, it is probably the one Blaine will use in his next special!
Hocus Pocus site is down at the moment, is that due to high traffic of people ordering this trick ?

:coolspot:

Steve
If people ask how did you do that just say very well. Anybody that knows about the Balducci would see that it is not the same because of both feet.
Greetings,

We (Hocus Pocus) are upgrading our servers right now. The website should be back up in an hour or two.

Our phones are ringing off the hook for this item. :firedevil:
[quote]
On 2003-01-16 17:05, allmagic wrote:
Posted by hackmonkey

Quote:
Allmagic if you took the time to look properly, you would see it is done from the front.

BUT the Genral Public don't think that.

What to do if they asume this is just a
balducci levitation.
[/quote]

I'm sure the general public will think that. Especially when you do it over a puddle and barefoot. :kermit:

[quote]
On 2003-01-16 00:40, Steve Knight wrote:
What a shame that such a brilliant idea is being sold so cheaply. How long before the rip-off's appear and the exposure starts I wonder? Quite soon no doubt, especially given that at least one contributer to this thread is already guilty of such behaviour. You know who you are.
[/quote]

... I thought it wasn't even out yet? Unless Peter exposed it (LOL just kidding) then who could have?
Has anybody here actually had a chance to try this thing, or is all this mania just hype based on a photograph and advertising copy?
Elevator isn't being shipped yet -- it's in the production stage. It will be ready sometime during the first week of February, according to Peter.
The filming of the new video will be finshed on Saturday this week, Then it's tossed to the production company for editing, should be out sometime next week for all to see. And then you can make your own judgements for those of you who have not seen the effect in action yet. I'll make a post here to let everyone know when it's up on our site and on Hocus Pocus' site.

P.
Sir, I beg of you: in your video, please show the effect from start to finish as it would look if being demonstrated at a magic store. I do not mind spending $100 for a fine illusion fairly presented. I do mind spending even one-tenth that sum for an illusion presented in a misleading fashion by its promoter. I am sure you will understand the reference I am making. I will leave it at that.

Mustard.
Man oh Man this looks like the next big thing in magic...if it really lives up to the hype.
Is there a demo available yet and when can we expect the item to start shipping?

Chris
Mr. Loughran this sounds great! I tried to pre-order last night but my dad's credit card that he uses online had a little less than the price left :-(. I'll be preordering when it's repaid!! Sounds great!

Ian
Man, I am dying to see the video of this effect. I never pre-order effects without seeing them, and I almost pre-ordered this it sounds so good. But I think I'm going to hold out and order after I see it. (I know, there'll be massive backlog!)
Col. Mustard,

I promise you and everyone else that there will not be anything misleading about the video and yes you will see it from start to finish as if you were actually there.

P.
If we can see the whole thing on video from start to finish, as though we were there... that will be fantastic!

To make people believe you can just start to levitate with no get ready is cheatng the consumer. After a levitation, people will be staring at you, and especially your legs and feet. If there's no cover, then there's no scope for much excess movement.

I am intrigued by this levitation and can't wait to see it.
Peter please be quick with the video. I can't wait. I am jumping (and obviously going back down to the ground, lol :lol: ) with nervousness. And will it also be available at FISM?

Ivan
The shipping on this is gonna cost a bomb :lol:
The Filming will be finished today. The video won't be long now. Yes It will be truthful.

To Niva,

No I won't be at FISM this year due to my perormance scheduel.

P.
But will The Elevator be at FISM???
I saw the add on hocus pocus, and this sounds like a miracle : no cover, can be seen from front or sides, you don't have to wear special shoes nor special clothes, it can be done inside or outside... !

So there must be some drawbacks , what are they ?
The effect of the ELEVATOR, for the photo in the Hocus-Pocus, seems REALLY to be excellent!!!

It makes look like, FOR ME, its criation to have been strong inspiration (same system?) in the illusion that Copperfield presented in the beach (in one old special of TV - in this case David it used a covering...), when he do disappear its legs - one of each time.

I already presented a similar effect (disappearence of the legs) in my stage show, but it only was practice for stage or TV, not to street magic. Loughran it must have joined the solution...

If this creation will be PRACTICE for Street Magic - beyond the excellent VISUAL appearance - will be one of the great launchings of 2003.

Congratulations!!!

KARDINI
Brazil
Thanks Kardini for the comments.

Niva,

I don't think The Elevator will be there I will check with Hocus Pocus on that one for you.

promethee,

Yes there is a drawback that makes The Elevator from being perfect. And that is it cannot be viewed from the behind you while you are floating. They can view behind you before and imediately after the effect. So do the balducci, then turn around face your audience and do The Elevator, and watch em hit the floor.

P.
I can vouch for that technique... as I've done that very thing. Except that I followed the standard Balducci with Zero Gravity when I turned around to face the spectators. But I'm looking very forward to using Elevator instead of Zero Gravity with this technique. The idea of being able to do this with any shoes or even no shoes has got me pretty pumped!

Actually, I'm kinda glad your effect can't be seen from behind. This tells me that the gimmick is nearer to the back of the feet. I see this as a plus as it probably means you can safely get more height when facing your spectators without revealing the secret. (which is another reason Zero Gravity can be limiting).

Leo Martin
I don't think the fact that it can't be seen from behind is that limiting. All levitations have some drawback with the angles. But, being able to view it from the front contradicts it's bad angles from behind, in my opinion. I'm just as excited as you, Cygnus!
Posted by Cygnus

>> I see this as a plus as it probably means you can safely get more height when facing your spectators without revealing the secret. <<<

I Agree with you.

The major plus point is that you don't have to tip-toe for the effect. Afterall how many people can tip-toe on one foot and stand still.

I CANT :(
That baffles me, if the spectator can view your feet from front, left and right... wouldn't the persons from left and right see the device? Maybe they have the be in front right/left angle and they have to be really close.

Another thing that worries me is that while your rotating from mid-air and the specs are holding your hand. They might use their feet to sweep under you while you're levitating and WHAM! There goes the device..

If the device is dark... maybe we can try levitating at night since it'll be invisible.
Outlawz, Now your are getting carried away.
that's simply not going to happen, and if it does it won't matter, infact it will inhance the illusion.

Until you see this device you won't know how cool this is and how invisble it is.

Remember as soon as you land, you are clean. The cool thing about this is that if at any time you think you might be in trouble(people comming up from behind you or people grabing your feet or whatever), simply land and you are left clean with nothing for anyone to find and you are ready to go again.

P.
This sounds so good. I can't wait for the preview video.
[quote]
On 2003-01-19 00:13, Peter Loughran wrote:

Until you see this device you won't know how cool this is and how invisble it is.

P.
[/quote]

Aight I'll take your words for it Peter :bg: It's not really that big of an issue for me since I'll probably get around if I messed up (I'm good at getting myself out of troubles).

By the way Peter I've just sent my M.O. and it should be on your way soon.

Later.
Paul Gross over at Hocus Pocus has got the exclusive on this one. That says allot about the effect. Paul is a very savvy magician and historian. He also takes a real interest in providing only the best. If Paul is carrying it, that's good enough for me. I got my order in on Friday. I cant wait to see it.
Iam still waiting for the videoclip........
Sounds really cool. I will wait for the reviews, since my wife only gives me $.50 a week allowance. Kidding; Is there a weight limit on this item? :baby:
I am also looking forward to seeing the video clip. BTW, how comfortable is it to wear the device? Would you walk with it all day long?

Risto
No weight limit, taken from the ad at Hocus Pocus.
Posted by Risto
[quote] How comfortable is it to wear the device? Would you walk with it all day long?
[/quote]

Just received confermation from peter that
the device IS comfortable to wear and
easy to walk around.

Topsy.
[quote]
Just received confermation from peter that
the device IS comfortable to wear and
easy to walk around.

Topsy.
[/quote]

Thanks for passing along that information.

Risto
Is there really no wieght limit?
I wiegh over 350lbs and will buy this if I can use it.

Thanks
Jeff there is no weight limit according to hocus focus and Peter.
The long awaited video is finished and should be up on our site in just a short couple of days.

P.
Hi guys, just another question but for anchoring / hook ups sake what is a reccomended distance from body to point ? Also can someone pleae mail a shortcut to the Hocus Pocus dealers website/adress.Would be greatfully appreciated. :firedevil:
I hadn't been on here in about a week so it was incredible FUN finding out about this and reading all the Q&A!!!
I just GOTTA get this!!! I know the Baducci, and have bought King Rising and Zero Gravity...so I gotta get this!!!!! Can't wait to see the video clip too!! Also GLAD to hear there's no weight limit (I'm another larger magician)!! Sounds just incredible!!!!!!!
markthorold,
the following is Hocus Pocus' URL:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com

Ivan
This levitation looks amazing. I read the blurb at hocus pocus, and it sounds like the most versitile levitation ever. I have one question, would I be able to perform this wearing shorts? It's not a big deal if I can't, (If I can this really is a miracle!) but I usually wear shorts during the summer so it would be nice.
You know what, I HATE street levitations... but.. I want this. Very badly. I'm tired of working a banguet or walk around or strolling and constantly people are asking me to levitate. I think this may be the answer people have been waiting for Peter. You got my money.
[quote]
On 2003-01-20 15:25, JamesR wrote:
I have one question, would I be able to perform this wearing shorts? It's not a big deal if I can't, (If I can this really is a miracle!) but I usually wear shorts during the summer so it would be nice.
[/quote]

Nope or else the device will be discovered.
This thread is more effective then any advertisement could be! Talk about the power of the Internet. I’m ordering mine tomorrow!!!!!!

Daydreaming about this levitation makes me feel like a kid all over again. :nod:
Geezzzzzzzz we are an impatient bunch!,,LOL,,,,,,can you do this with blue jeans or must ya wear looser fitting black pants?........

Bob
Hey peter,

We are waiting ... we are waiting ....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Actually, yeah you can do this with shorts on!

The video is done, Im trying to get it online as we speak.

P.
You can do it with shorts on??? Good God! You have to be kidding me.
Just a few more questions:

1.Can I do it naked?

2.Can I use the same gimmick to make my house levitate?

3.Will girls make out with me like with Hundy 500?

4.Where do babies come from?
Man, if you don't know the answer to that last one... = ;-D
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jan 20, 2003 11:43PM)
so...

can i do it at the bar?
can i do it in the car?
can i do it on a train?
can i do it on a plane?

but i won't eat green eggs and ham to do it!
Marko

What do you want MAGIC?

I P!!!!!! my self laughing!

Nevertheless I logged onto the Hocus Pocus website and ordered it.

MikeM :bikes: :bikes:
Ok I could not email a good quality version of the video to my web designer, so I am going to have burn it on a cd then mail it to him so he may get the good quality version on the site, so it will be a couple of more days yet, sorry.

The video is really to big for me to email, without compressing it. And the compressed version looks a little blurry.
I woke up this morning thinking what a fun dream I had last night about this impossible levitation that you could do anywhere...and...always great when you realize it wasn't a dream!!!...well...for something FUN and great like this anyway!! Oh I can not wait to see the video of it (welcome to the club, I know!!)!!!!!!!!!!
[quote]
On 2003-01-20 22:21, marko wrote:
Just a few more questions:

1.Can I do it naked?

2.Can I use the same gimmick to make my house levitate?

3.Will girls make out with me like with Hundy 500?

4.Where do babies come from?
[/quote]

:rotf:
I just can't stop thinking about this...and keep checking back here to see what people have asked and what the answers are!! Like someone said earlier...it's like being a kid again (and asking stuff about what's inside that big "special" present under the tree at Xmas!?) This sounds just so GREAT!!!
I went through the whole thread of this a couple times..it's just so much FUN to read about!! Been a while since something has me this interested and excited!
Oh...gotta ask a couple questions that haven't been asked yet: could this be worn in an airport and onto a plane with no problems??? (weird question I know but just wondering!) Can this be done on any kind of ground (soft sand or whatever)??? and like someone asked alot earlier...do both feet rise front and rear together..or do the heels rise first???? Can't wait to hear and see (video clip) MORE!!!!!!!!!!
[quote]
On 2003-01-21 13:40, FTAMagician wrote:
[b]could this be worn in an airport and onto a plane with no problems??? (weird question I know but just wondering!) [/b]
[/quote]

Mmmm... I don't know about that, although I can't see any problem why you can't. If the security guards stops you just levitate off the ground and watch them scream like a little girl :lol:

[quote]
[b]Can this be done on any kind of ground (soft sand or whatever)???[/b] [/quote]

Almost any type of grounds... I don't know about soft sands but maybe Peter could answer this.

[quote]
and like someone asked alot earlier...do both feet rise front and rear together..or do the heels rise first????
[/quote]

Well judging from the picture it looks like both feet rise together. Somebody who have seen the early demo could answer this question.

Peace.
Both feet rise together in the rough cut video, and stay even in the air (not seperated or anything). The rough cut was a pretty instantaneous levitation -- almost like one second he's on the ground and in a blink he's in the air. There isn't a lot of 'rising' action in the rough cut.

It's hard to explain, but looks really cool! Trust me...
Thanks Corey.

One more question, can I levitate higher than 4-5 Inches?
I think we should try to answer Marko's questions, at least.

RE: "can I use it to levitate my house" Note that what Peter is selling is a lifting device that has no load limit. Since this defies the laws of thermodynamics, it should, be quite handy in lifting your house. Of course, you need to be carrying the house at the time.

Regarding question 4, I will reference you to question 3.
Okay...one more question and I'll shut up for a while (promise!!) Is it the gimmick itself that does the actual lifting????? I mean in all the other levitations, you use some part of your foot to lift yourself...does this use something completly different where all I have to do is enjoy the ride???? That would be incredible!! Somebody really could do this any time they wanted all day long...never worry about getting tired or cramps or anything!!! HOPE that's the case!! (??????)
Sure would be great! Not sure if it is the case though...Peter's the only one that can answer that one. I'd say it's probably a combination of both
Actually thinking about it...that would be a great illusion for Copperfield to do. Go to a random house and levitate it.
[quote]
On 2003-01-21 16:15, Seth wrote:
Actually thinking about it...that would be a great illusion for Copperfield to do. Go to a random house and levitate it.
[/quote]

Or Blaine :rolleyes:
Ok Im getting anxious for every one to see the new finished video. So here is what Im going to attempt to do. I think I can change the format of the mpeg and upload it on Dazzle which is public server for people to share videos. I hope to upload this tonight just temporaraly for people to see until we get it uploaded on our own site which might take a couple of days to do. So check back here later tonight and hopefully it will be done...Ill supply the link and any passwords if needed to view the movie.

I want to be upfront with everyone in regards to what you can do with this device, and I do not want to mislead anyone but as you know at the same time, I cannot give the secret away obviously, but I want to try and answer everyones questions. I hope everyone respects that. So to answer the queston about sand, unfortunately this is one more drawback with the device I had not thought about. You will need a reletivaly flat and hard surface to use the device effectively. I just want to be honest with everyone. But still even so this illusion really has very little restrictions compared to other self levitations.

P.
Unless you plan on levitating on the beach, I don't see a real problem with not being able to perform this on sand.
I don't see this as a problem either Corey. Besides, most beaches have a parking lot somewhere around... so problem solved! :)

Leo Martin
- stupid mistake -

I told my friends that I'm learning how to levitate facing them and rotate mid-air. Now they're going to look underneath when I do levitate :bawl:

I guess I'm going to have to surprise them and do it quick ;)
Ok at long last I have a video uploaded on http://www.dazzle.com

1)go to 'WEBCAST' on the left hand side menu-click on that.

2)click on 'WEBCAST THEATER'

3)under the search engine type in 'The Elevator'

4)click on 'SUBMIT'

and there she be, click on 'VIEW' to watch the movie.

I hope it views ok for everyone, it may be designed for faster computers. Let me know if the quality is ok for you guys, I know its not the best, but....It should view ok for you.

Enjoy.

P.S. Parental Advisory explcit lyrics.

Oh and let me know what you think.

P.
>Oh and let me know what you think.

Sweet.

You should add a precaution not to do this effect by the roadside; I'm surprised the cars going by didn't swerve and crash while they caught a glimpse of this.

The rotation with the light shining beneath your feet just looks so ... bizarre. How long can you remain 'suspended' for?

Thanks for the preview.

Brian
The Length of the levitation is completely up to you! I personally like to keep it short and sweet, just long enough for them to begin comprehending what they are seeing, and then its over, leaving them wanting more. You can do this with specators holding your hands standing at your sides, and they won't see a thing, like I said before you guys are gonna have some fun with this thing.

Thanks for taking a look!

If you just arrived, check the link I left in the above post.

P.
Congratulations Peter!
I really love the edgy track!
I predict that 2003 will be a most profitable and successful year for thouest!

Now that you are enormously wealthy from the pre-orders can I borrow a dollar?

P.s. Make sure to tell everyone in the U.S. that if they are sending you funds in the form of a U.S. Postal Money Order? They must purchase an International Postal Money Order!

P.s.s. Malina tried to send you a regular money order...I rectified the matter Brother!@
She will pay dearly!! L.O.L. All the way to the Bank!@

Hasta manana hermano, si dios nos sirve?
Dedicated to your success,
RDos

P.s.s.s. "Got Chiles in Canada?" :pepper:
Peter, I just finally got a look at the new video! That is incredible! I sure hope to get my hands on one sometime soon. I hope this year goes extremely well for your product!
The video looks pretty good. Especially the fact that you can do it bare footed. A few questions though: Is the showing of the feet and the bending down necessary to get the gimmick ready to levitate? Can you do it without bending over first? Can you rise slower and come down slower? Do you have to be holding on to something when you rotate? Would I need to be excellent at the balance beem to do this? Does the gimmick make any noise that could be heard in a quiet room? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Sorry got a little carried away there. Anyway, it looks good and congratulations.
Don't want to be a party pooper... first reaction...fishy looking. I don't know. I hope I'm not alone here. It looks like a quick one second thing and that's it. I might just be too critical... or stupid.
elushinz, Same opinion here :/

Cya
Its just, pop ur up in the air. Very good but it all seems a little to quick. I would also like to know about noise, lots or none?
:hmm:
It does look a little too quick... I wonder if you can remain suspended for a longer period of time without the gimmick being discovered?

It would certainly be a reply to those people who ask, "can you levitate like that guy on TV?

Jes
:cheers:
Looks okay, but to me underwhelming. Maybe I need to see a clearer video image (the effect is barely visible in the last showing of it). Or maybe I'm reacting a bit to the over-the-top hype on this thread.

If, as you say, it's possible to stay up longer, you might want to consider showing that. As it is, the levitations shown are very brief (even by the standards of other levitations out there) and looks like you're just trying to keep your balance briefly on something underneath your heel(s). That's interesting (and I don't mean to suggest that's what actually is happening), but if you could "really" levitate you would be able to hover a bit -- not much longer, but a little longer, another beat or two, and more comfortably. I realize you say that this is possible, but if so, I suggest showing it. I wonder whether other problems then arise.

It looks like a promising idea, and I congratulate you on it. For my part, though, I must say that if I had already sent in a hundred bucks, I'd be feeling a little queasy. I suspect some of the breathless excitement on the thread has been driven by the fantasy that here at last is a levitation without catches. Alas, there is no such thing.

Good luck with your creation.

KF
Peter just said in his last post that the duration of the levitation is entirely up to you.

I find it great. Except for that little bending down. Is that necessary, Peter? It's not that much of a problem, though. Better then putting something in front of you or having a gimmicked shoe, which you can't walk with comfortably

Great Job!! But I will watch the other better video too.

Ivan
Peter - How long can the specially constructed mechanical device last? Any warranty?

~S.L~
I admit that I could barly see any levitation, but the rotating in mid-air is amazing! I'm going to pre-order this ASAP. Thanks Peter!
Is the video still available? I was not able to view it. It gave me an error to the effect of unable to connect to website.
[quote]
On 2003-01-22 08:59, bama gambler wrote:
Is the video still available? I was not able to view it. It gave me an error to the effect of unable to connect to website.
[/quote]

Maybe the server at that time was clogged, try again!

By the way Peter, you have my congratulations on your marvelous effect!

At first, it looks like you're trying to dodge the spider running under your shoe :shucks: but that was before you did the mid-air rotation. I think the part that really sold the mid-air rotation was that you stayed up for longer and it was more visible.

If you had applied that to the other initial levitations, it would have gone over with people more smoother. I trust what you say about the duration of the levitation is up to the performer so I STILL think this product is wicked!

I hope to purchase mine soon!

BTW, I too am curious about the questions asked previously about noise, etc. Please answer those!

Thanx!

Cheers,

Logan
Excellent! I loved it -- definitely worth the wait. The md-air rotation looked incredible. You totally disproved my guesses at the first video, especially when you pulled up your pants!

Can't wait for this to arrive at my door...
This is a demo. I had a hard enough time to get this short video online.

I agree it is still a little blurry.

The durration of the suspension is entirely up to the performer! I don't know how many times I can say that.

Both heels and toes rise. This is not a reverse balducci.

There is no noise it is perfectly silent.

If you are dissappointed because of the hype then I am truely sorry, Don't buy it, Im not asking you too. I was merely trying to bring the magic community an alternate levitation that works well. But as Steve Brooks always told me..."bring yyour umbrella there will always be someone to rain on your parade". I have to expect that, but for those of you that know how the device works have to agree how clever this idea is, plain and simple.

If you like the effect then it's there for you. And I guarantee you will floor people with this live, and in real situations. The video doesn't do it justice. Myabe you will have to wait until you see someone do it for you live, or maybe you thought the device floated you up 20 feet or something, I don't know?

The product will last you a life time.

For those of you that have ordered the effect, turst me you will love it, and you are gonna freak people out badly.

And remember you get the device, the cd, the manuscript, performance rights, and the secret, I think its a pretty fair deal.

P.
Is the package heavy? I need to prepare extra $$$ for the shipping & handling.

Anyway, I'll order one soon. Thks Peter!

SL.
Like someone on another thread said, "If you could rise only 1", it would be a miracle." I think that would be plenty to scare people away. Good luck on your new levitation. :wavey: :D
[quote]
On 2003-01-22 09:55, Peter Loughran wrote:

The durration of the suspension is entirely up to the performer! I don't know how many times I can say that.
[/quote]

I believe you, but one wants to *see* this. The devil is always in the visual details. It may turn out that if the suspension lasts much longer there are other tradeoffs.

[quote]
If you are dissappointed because of the hype then I am truely sorry, Don't buy it, Im not asking you too.
[/quote]

There is no need for you to apologize. The hype was mostly created not by you but by commentators feeding off of each other despite knowing very little about the product. The price also contributed to the hype, I think. I suspect you have sold many more of these at $100 than you would have sold at $10, because when it is sold for $100 everyone assumes it must be truly amazing. This entire thread could be used as a case study at business schools.

KF
A case study... sell it higher to make it seem better...oh geezz give me a break, Yeah that's what I did you got me. Did it ever occur to you that this is simply expensive to make, and the time spent producing it. I wanted to keep the product as close to what it would actually cost someone to make themselves to avoid rip offs entering the market. Im not even going to waste my time on this statement.

Thanks too all for looking at the video and the many nice comments I have recieved, through this thread and through pms and emails.

:)
Man, Peter this levitation is awesome. Great work! The video was a little blurry but I could see the effect fine. The mid-air rotation is what killed me. You stayed up for plenty of time when you did the rotation, so I think that should answer the questions about how long you can levitate for. And you said I can do this effect with shorts on! I don't see how anyone can be saying this effect has been a letdown. Awesome job!

I just had two questions after watching the video.

Do you need to bend down just before doing the levitation?

Can you do the mid-air rotation with people on the front and sides?

Regardless of the answers, this is an amazing invention. Great job!
[quote]
On 2003-01-22 10:36, Peter Loughran wrote:
A case study... sell it higher to make it seem better...oh geezz give me a break, Yeah that's what I did you got me.
[/quote]

My apologies: I did not mean to suggest that you set the price high as a marketing tactic. For all I know $100 is a very fair price given the materials involved. My claim was merely that expensive stuff creates more hype than cheap stuff. There have been almost 7,000 views of this thread, which is staggering, and I doubt that would have been true if the price were $10. It's no comment on your motives in setting the price, which I am sure were honorable and so forth.

KF
Thanks for your reply I apprectiate you clearing that up.

But I think this thread got 7000 views because it something that people can use, and are interested in using regardless of the price.

I sell illusions(original ones) that are way more than $100.00 and none of them have got this much response. To be honest with you I didn't know if there would even be a market for another street levitaiton because the market has some great ones already, my favorite being KR. But I do know that if you like the street levitation effect's produce, then you'll love this one too!

P.
It strikes me that all the complainers and nay-sayers are discussing an illusion they have never performed.

Folks, Peter has apparently created a new approach to self-levitation. I suggest you buy it, practice the hell out of it, and then perform it several dozen times before expressing an opinion about price, value, method, etc.

All this teeth gnashing in the dark is really silly.
I've just seen the video, and I loved what I saw (barefoot levitation... yeah baby!). Thanks Peter for taking the time and trouble in getting it online for us to see. After viewing it, I'm still as anxious as ever for mine to arrive in the mail. Bring on February!

Leo Martin
It's great Peter!

But I hate the fact that you're bending down before the levitation.

But I'll forgive you for the mid-air rotation :cheers:

By the way do I really have to put a spotlight underneath my feet while I'm rotating?
Cyclone,

No you don't I just think it looks so cool because you see that nothing obstructs the beam of light from shining all the way under your feet. It really dispells any theroy that something could be under your feet, and then ofcourse you show them there isn't.

Actully I show you several different ways to levitate with the device, and one includes not bending down.

P.
[quote]
They must purchase an International Postal Money Order!
[/quote]

I sent my Money Order three days ago and guess what I found on my mailbox today? MY LETTER! :lol:

I forgot to put the International stamp... Grrrrr :angry:

Well it's a good thing anyway since... I didn't purchase the International Postal Money Order :bg:

I'm going back to my PO right now and sort this mess out.

Anyways I love the vid Peter. What's up with you bending down every levitation? :bg: Oh well, it's all good I'm still getting it.

Peace.
Terry,
No, but it will float you up to the moon and in space it works awesome. ;) I love the sarcasim, thanks it put a smile on my face today.

P.
Thanks,
I could help adding the social commentary on some of the questions.

By the way, I think I was one of the first to order your product.

I hope they ship in the order they were placed, cause I am very anxious to take it for a test drive.
Hi Peter, just another in the sea of questions you are recieving, I just wonderd if you had sorted any UK dealer rights out and wondered if you know if the elevator will be sold by any of the dealers at next months Blackpool convention? Good luck with your new product and keep thinking mate. :)

regards Doc.
can someone please help me, no matter how many times I try to see the video I get an error on the page. is it my computer or have you guys experienced it too. Thanks

MIKE
Peter,

Does it come with air conditioning as well as anti-lock brakes? How does it handle in the snow? I'm looking for a replacement for my car, and I thought "Why drive to work when I can levitate?"

Just kidding man! I think you have definitely come across something new and useful with the Elevator. Once it starts shipping, I would love to hear some comments from those that own it. I hope it is as good as it looks and sounds, since we magicians need a levitation to replace the Balducci, as it has become all-too-common.
Yeah and hope those producers of Street Magic Revealed don't ruin this for us.

:angry:
Looks great! My purchase is in!

Jakks
[quote]
On 2003-01-22 13:41, Dr Dark wrote:
Hi Peter, just another in the sea of questions you are recieving, I just wonderd if you had sorted any UK dealer rights out and wondered if you know if the elevator will be sold by any of the dealers at next months Blackpool convention? Good luck with your new product and keep thinking mate. :)

regards Doc.
[/quote]

And Peter, do you know whehter it will be sold at FISM too? I would really like to avoid postage on this, if possible.
Thanks again. This is so cool.

Ivan
Hello.
I'm also one of the few that once I click on "Webcast Theater" off the homepage, it comes up, "page can not be displayed."
I'm wondering if you know if you need a specific media player or certain upgrade of Flash to view or get to that page?
Thanks and Sincerely,
Mack Magic
I think its for real player 5.0 or later. I think?

P.
I have real player 5 and a really fast connection. I think my problem might have to do with a firewall (I'm trying to see this video at work). When will the video be up on your website?
Totally silent? Well, that throws my theory of jet packs out the door. It sounds like a firewall problem, as I can't see it at work either, but at home, it's good. :lol:
Well I just watchedthe video, and althought blurry it looked quite good. It was the mid-air rotation that killed me. After watching it twice, it seems similar to something I was working on about a year ago, but again the mid-air rotation killed me. I would like to see a clearer demo, but I still about 90% sure I will get this. Will it be available in the U.K or it is extra cash for postage time? :)

Oh also I love the track who is it? RATM?
Thanks Hack monkey, pm if you have any questions.

P.
I like the fact that it can be done 'front'on. Too many people are wise to the balducci. Do the balducci, get laughed at, turn around and blow them away !

By the way, we are not all negative in the UK !

:yippee:
I am not offended at all Gary. Like I said it made me feel good to see you guys on here only posting in my thread, that says alot even if you say you hate the trick. Again thanks for your input it was welcomed.

P.
OK m8.

One thing though, I REALLY don't hate the effect at all. I just want someone to convince me of its true value. Despite my comments, you may see my name on the preorder list! I know your stuff is cool peter, I am seriously considering buying your flaming cane thing, that looks awesome!!

Well im glad i havent offended you as that was never my intention.

One question, I know you have kind of addressed this already but, can you do the levitation slowly, veeeery slowly ??? ( Balducci Speed)

If im gonna lavitate i want to build it up as much as i can!!

Thanks
I have never been all that interested in doing any of the levitations but i am very interested in this. I have seen the video and admit it was kind of dark and the effect was done seemingly very quickly. But i will take Peter at his word about the duration, no biggie there, for me.
I am mostly looking forward to further comments from those that receive and perform it! or should i just shell out the dough now ?? Hopefully there wont be any problems with waiting to hear more knowledgeable posts when the item has been shipped and received by a few members here.
From what i have seen and read so far ... "You the man Peter", more power to you and i will be keeping an eye out from more suture creations from you.

Peace out!

GlenD
Peter, i'm looking at your site now, i like the look of that cane, looks gr8.
I'd like to see a really good video clip of this being done for a real group in the street!!! Like it was on a Blaine type "street magic" show...just to see how it looks in a more "real word" performance.
Also, since I'm kind of a magic inventor myself, I've tried to think how this is done...and every way I come up with would require ALOT of work, and TIME to get right. So I think I'm gonna do myself a favor and buy it!!! But HOPE there's more video clips to been seen in the near future like what I mentioned above (!!??!)
Hey everyone!!
just been reading through 8 pages on this topic. I did buy the Balducci and the king`s Rising, but with all respect I am very stoket on this new Elevator effect, the others kinda made me feel like a one footed ballerina-dancer with a coat in front.

So I really look forward to the release Peter, and keep up the good work inventing, and I`ll keep on putting on a good show for my friends when this product drops down in my mailbox!
Regards in a snowstorm from Norway :snowman:
I finally after a few hours later was able to connect to the site and watch the video. I think it was because of my connection at the time, also because I had to upgrade my media software.

I know I don't have the Elevator, but sometimes speculation is good, when used in the right cases, limited amounts, and just not used as your complete judgement before considering like to buy this levitation when you don't even have it yourself.

After viewing the video, yes, it was alittle blurry but Peter said it would be like that anyway being on that site because he wanted us to really see the video.

I had an idea, then when I saw the mid air rotation, that made me start to wonder again. That rotation really adds alot of touch. Also that it has been said that you can stay levitating for a longer duration of time.

Well, I'm probably going to preorder within the week. I'm really curious on this one.
If I do get it, whether if I'm wowed' by the gimmick and principle, or "I knew it!", I gotta say, you made one great levitation that has us waiting in anticipation and has caught us by storm. Who knows, this might be one of the best levitations to come.

Good job Peter. :nod: All the best and may your levitation take us by surprise and be very successful and spectacular.
Sincerely,
Mack Magic
The product sounds fantastic and the video looks great.

Peter has created a wonderful illusion and more power to him!

I will certainly be adding this to my arsenal.
I cannot believe how many times these posts have been viewed!!!

But i still could not find the answer to these questions, or i overlooked it.

-How slow can perform a rising, and if you can, how slow can that be?
-Can you really do this in shorts?
-Can you turn by yourself or do you need help, because the only time there is turn on the video, it is a close up shot.
I am adding a couple of new clips o the video to help answer the speed an length questions of the levitation. I personally thought it looked more magical done quickly to give the just a moment ot comprehend whats happening and then its over, but obviously the people have spoken and want to see the slowest speed and a longer suspension. So I will be updating the video Yes you can do it with shorts. The rotation can be done by yourself as seen in the video, or for a smoother rotation hold on to the hands of the spectators.

Hope this helps

P.
Thanks Peter,

I am looking forward to the new video segments.
Ok I added a couple of new clips and one being a close up in great lighting that shows you that you can stay up as long as you like and rise and decend as slow or fast as you want, with no camera tricks.

And you get a better sense of how high you rise. This is what it will look like if you are actually there.

I hope this puts everyone's mind at rest, and answers your questions.

Lates,

P.
Wow Peter, thanks for posting those extra clips. I was already impressed with what I saw before, but you've just upped (pun intended) the ante even more. Well done... now if you can just create some magic to make the days pass by more quickly so I can get mine sooner!

Leo Martin
[quote]
On 2003-01-23 15:26, Cygnus wrote:
Wow Peter, thanks for posting those extra clips. I was already impressed with what I saw before, but you've just upped (pun intended) the ante even more. Well done... now if you can just create some magic to make the days pass by more quickly so I can get mine sooner!

Cygnus
[/quote]

Ditto.

Peter will you have enough in stock since so many people are pre-ordering this killer levitation? :kewl:

I sure hope so.
Excuse my stupidity, wheres the new clips?? Went to the place where the first clip was and theres still only 1.

Thanks

that site seems 2 b buggered, I assume I go to more clips by auther, that seems to have some kind of runtime error, anyone else getting that??
Backpalmking,

Actually, all you need to do is play the same demo file as before. It's just that now there are a couple of new clips edited into it.

Leo Martin
thanks a lot, glad someone has their head screwed on

OK ! ! ! !

Peter,

May I sincerely apologise for my previous comments regarding the elevator.

Those added clips really show what the effect looks like, and jeez man, how do you do that ??? :)

Seriously, that looks awesome man, I can now see that you really ARE the man!!! lol

Good Luck with this one.

Also, I am in the UK, Is it best to order direct from you or will a UK dealer be supplying it??

Thanks

Gary
YESSssss! The added clips really show it better!!! What's so NICE is that after you come down...you can show shoes, legs, everything !!! I imagine being at someone's house and after I levitate...they see me later in just socks (shoes off that is!) and say "let's see you levitae now!!" and I'd be able to say "..like this!!??" and do it again...and show the feet and legs again afterward!! That'd kill 'em...I may even go back to my goofy relitives place in California (they don't believe in anything and "know it ALL" )Just so I could do this to 'em!!
There IS a way to do this without bending down first???? That's the only thing...it looks like you're setting something up...but the way you show everything CLEAN after...with no bending down to "un set" anything more than makes up for it!! I GOTTA have this!!!!!!!!!!!
I join the others in thanking you for revising the video. This new version is much stronger and more compelling.

KF
Peter,
The new video is excellent!!!!

The scene with the black heavy shoes and the slow rise up is what I have been looking for.

Can't wait to get my order.
Congratulations,
James
Like I told Peter -- I thought it looked awesome before, but now I just can't believe what I'm seeing.

Very cool. I'm counting down the days...
hello everyone. i have been reading this thread since its started but so far have not posted. in fact i havent posted at all. anyway firstly, peter i think your levitation is fantastic and you can count me a one of your customers when i get the money as im a 16 year old who is out of pocket at the moment but anyway i have two questions that im quite sure have not been asked:
1. you say the lev can be performed in shorts. you also say and we have seen in the vid that it can be done without any shoes and socks. my question is can it be done uner both of these conditions, so with no shoes and socks and in shorts. either way im still gonna get it but i was just wondering.

2. is there some place that i can download the video clip onto my computer or can you email it to me robin_martin@ntlworld.com i have a broadband connection and can see the video but it often communication errors in it and has to reconnect. don't worry if not possible.

ok gl peter and everyone who buys it. its gonna be a great lev
Okay am I the only one that keeps imagining levitating in front of my relatives, friends and people around here?

I just can't stop thinking about it ever since I saw the video.
No Cyclone you are not the only one... just look 10020 viewers until now!
Anyway, congratulations Peter! :wavey:
Looks pretty good Peter,

Another winner to add to the line!!

Mike
QUESTIONS

How portable is this?
Can you walk around all day and have dinner etc.. without this getting in your way.

And when you say silent do you mean 100% silent or quiet.

Thanks.
Looks great

Matt
I love all these questions and then Peter answering 'em!! was wondering about that too (not that it matters much...like my question about doing it in sand and getting on a plane at the airport...just dumb questions from wondering!!)..but could you really do this in shorts and no shoes???? I'd NEVER do it this way but fun to ask!! Peter...is this video going to be on your site soon??? How about a couple different videos in different situations ?????? Hey, Mike Close may even like it for the review in Magic magizine!! **smiles*** I'm another one that wants to do this for friends and relitives...even the goofs in California!!!
I have answered alot of these questions already somewhere in this thread Im sure, but...

Yes you can go through an airport with this. Levitate on the plane if you want.

Yeah walk around with it all day you will forget you even have it the moment you set it up for the day, trust me.

Yeah its silent! Being honest I would say 99% silent, you would have to be a dog to hear anything I think.

And again yeah you can do it with shorts and no shoes or socks. You could almost do this naked. Not that you would but the options are there for you.

Don't forget you can view the new video on dazzle.com and on Hocus Pocus.

Lates,

P.
I usely don't give stuff bad reviews. I don't have it but i have sent the clip to some laymen. All of them have said that it looks very fake. I sent it to 8 people and out of those 8, 5 have said some lifted him because they saw the imprint in the mat. So, i was wondering if you could move the gimmick into the center of your feet so it doesn't look like your heel is still on the ground?

Lee
This is your complaint?

First of all its not a mat its cloth, and second that's not an inprint, its a wrinkle, and lets just say hypothetically that it did leave in inprint on the so called mat, I don't think that this would even be an issue anyway seeing as things like cement and concrete(well you get the point) are not going to show this so called imprint you are apparently seeing.

Actually the way this gimmick is designed it is litteraly impossible for it to leave any trace behind, visually.

But this is what happens when people sit and view a video over and over again they begin to over analize things. They also try and spot inperfections in something that they would have never noticed in the first place.

I guess that's why magicians never show a trick twice. Oh well.

P.
[quote]
On 2003-01-24 00:47, Peter Loughran wrote:
This is your complaint?

First of all its not a mat its cloth, and second that's not an inprint, its a wrinkle, and lets just say hypothetically that it did leave in inprint on the so called mat, I don't think that this would even be an issue anyway seeing as things like cement and concrete(well you get the point) are not going to show this so called imprint you are apparently seeing.

Actually the way this gimmick is designed it is litteraly impossible for it to leave any trace behind, visually.

But this is what happens when people sit and view a video over and over again they begin to over analize things. They also try and spot inperfections in something that they would't have ever noticed in the first place.

I guess that's why magicians never show a trick twice. Oh well.

P.

[/quote]

Well said my man... well said :kewl:

By the way why is hocus pocus using your video on bedazzled.com?

I thought you're sending them a clearer version on a cd format.
Thanks Cyclone, but its the truth and anyone that is familiar with magic knows this is common knowledge.

And...There is that old saying...

You can please some of the people all the time, and you can please all the people some of the time, but you can never please all the people all of the time.

Regarding the video upload, We at L2ILLUSIONS and Hocus Pocus have worked hard these past few days so that we can show people this effect in action in a real time, no camera cut aways, as if you were actually there, video! I simply wanted to share the video with everyone asap. To answer your question, yes Hocus Pocus and my site will have a better quality video uploaded on our sites. I thought a third party site would be best for L2 and HP to show the video in the mean time. Just give us a couple of days. Thanks,

P.
Hey Folks, I have finally decided to chime in on this topic. As a fellow creator of Magic, I am AMAZED at some of the expectations of some of the people in this thread. I have seen the video, read the opinions and speculations. I hope everybody reading this can take a moment to sit in OUR shoes as Creators. I can only assume that SOME people (not all)simply have NO IDEA of how much Time, Money and Research is involved for even the SIMPLEST magic effect let alone a more complex idea. This is coming out of our Hearts and Pockets, motivated by the Love of Magic BEFORE Financial reasons. Then add in the promotional aspect and you have a whole new ball game. This is so important for a consumer to take into consideration when you look at the final retail cost, acknowledge that the item is sold at Wholesale, deduct materials and labor then finally come to a somewhat MINIMAL profit all to simply get it into your hot little fingers ( or feet) and hope to God you are happy with our efforts at bringing something new to the magic community. Open up your drawer full of False Hopes from magic dealers that have DELIBERATELY mislead you into buying Hundreds of Dollars worth of Crap and call it a blessing that Peter is willing to sell this at $100 retail with all the other info along with it AND Answer ALL of your questions in DETAIL and as honest as possible. I have ordered my Elevator and will be happy if it is even HALF as cool as the video shows. So FEW CREATORS thinking for so MANY magicians...ya think you guys would lighten up just a bit.
Great job Peter and Good Luck!
Chance Wolf :bg:
Thank you, Mr. Wolf, well said. Things have certainly gotten a little out of hand at times in this thread. My Elevator is on order as well. And thank you Peter for your patience in responding to the many questions that you have been bombarded with!!

Bill Beach
Ohio USA
I thought Mr. Wolf said it pretty well. Yes, I think that Peter has put out a wonderful product, and has been very generous & patient with his replies to the many questions that were asked. Let's not come down too hard on him by having exceedingly high expectations about the product. If you are impressed with the product, by all means show your support for Peter and purchase it.

I think, in my own opinion, the effects which are shown in the video clip are reason enough to spend $100 on this product.

All the best, Peter. :bg:
Peter has been very patient with all the questions asked of him. Just saw your video and it looks like a winner Peter, can't wait till I get mine , it will be worth every Penny.
I'd thought I'd add some social sarcasm here by making a comical stab at some of the rhetorical questions and impossible situations that Peter is being asked to provide solutions for.

I think the term "general magic' is being applied to mean "Can I do this under 1000 watt lights surrounded by bonded monks legally bound to truthfullness with one hand on a bible and the other handkuffed behind your back - even while unconcious?"

C'mon - this is an effect. You will have to control the environment to show it persuasivley.
Not having seen the effect, but guessing that either Peter has come up with a way to alter Newton's Law of Gravity, or, that it is a gaff, I'd say there is a good chance that:
You cant do it on sand.
You cant do it while standing on a mirror.
You cant do it with an elephant sitting on your head.
You cant do it while under oath going through a metal detector in the airport while wearing Dr. Scholl inserts for 'All-Day Comfort'

I would say all this but it would probably be deleted for being obvious, lets get real.
HI,
I do have a genuine question will it work as a stage/cabaret effect too? (provided the stage was not too high)
Phillip
P.B.,

Good question! :)

Although in my opinion it is more visually effective performed close up, I do include a routine that shows you how to perform the levitation on a raised stage at eye level allowing the audience to see underneath your feet. However because you only lift a few inches in the air it may be difficult to see for the seats in the balcony, if you see what Im saying.

Thanks to Chance Wolf's insite, and the comments that followed. Thanks for the humour again Terry.

P.
For what my opinion may be worth to our members, I have already sent a check for $109.95 to Peter for this effect when it comes out. I am quite impressed with it.

Some good points were made above responding to those who want to know every little detail. Peter would be foolish to reveal too much. The more he revealed, the more folks would want him to reveal even more until he was revealing the construction details and where to get the materials! Give a mouse a cookie...

Further, I'm glad the price is in the 100 dollar range. If it were 20, every person who saw it, even those who had never done magic at all, would snap it up, and that would be a shame. It would be like seeing 500 people doing "Hummer card" in Vegas, if you get my meaning.

Get the trick or don't get it. But don't criticize it until you actually have it or have seen it done in performance by someone who knows how to do it!
Peter does your pants have to be altered in any way to use the device? :magicrabbit:
Didn't Peter say you could do it in shorts. I believe Peter has been very good in answering questions posted here . I agree with Scott's comments about giving too much away and the price Peter is charging. Hopefully we will all get our " ELEVATOR" and then hopefully we can give positive reviews.
Is the initial production of the product just a small one, or is there enough to satisfy all of the preorders? I was just curious because I preordered, and just like everyone else, I would hate to have to wait any longer for this.
I will only say that the comments on this topic go from the sublime to the ridiculous (I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which).

For some reason I am unable to view the video right now. No matter. Some of the comments here have led me to the conclusion that this effect is a reputation maker. I've been considering adding some sort of self-levitation to my repetoire. But I'm a big guy, and I've wondered if the ones on the market would suit me. Sounds to me like the Elevator would fit the bill.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Joe L.
Hi,

I am only 14, and so £70+ is a real lot of money for me. But after viewing the demo/reading these pages I really want this effect now. It would be perfect for me at school and to just walk around.
All I need to do now is work out a way to phrase this when using my parents credit card, and handing over £70 cash.
Hmmm..."I have ordered a lot of stuff, all from America" or "I have ordered some stuff from America" and then pay my parents £20 every month to make it seem less. The only problem is it will be on the credit card invoice...'Magic-£70' :wow: :wow:

Anyone got any advice to buy this? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks,
Lewis. :)
Sorry I do not like the video. Too dark and too muddy. Yes I know there are limits to the technology but the Dazzle video is so blurry and at most times, too dark even with my brightness turned all the way up!

I just could not see enough to know what was going on most of the time if you did not put up title screens.

Probably the better idea is to put the link on your site for download if you do have a a better quality.

This way you do not have to email it out and people can download at will.

I just do not think I have seen enough to send a check. There still appears to be some angle issues. This time from the back and the extreme sides if I base when the camera stops panning.

I am not trying to knock it but too many are praising it without actually seeing it or just viewing the rough blurry video. Oh I am not saying I will not send a check, but not until I see if anyone who gets this changes their mind.

If it is really that good, don't under sell it. I am not trying to get down on anyone but I see TOO MANY teens on this site jumping at things for the trill of it.

Make it too cheap and every kid who calls himself a magician will be exposing it due to poor practice or not understanding the work. The price is the only thing you will have to keep EVERYONE from "doing it". (or trying to do it)
Look what happend with Zero Gravity. It was too cheap and in the end exposed over and over on the newsgroups.
Good luck with it and I look forward to hearing some real feed back from people who purchase and use the product.
mghia,

Yes the video is blury and pixelated because it is being streamed. Not sure if you know what streaming means, but yes a downloadable version will produce a much higher quality video! And Like I said before, it is being worked on and will be on both my site as well as Hocus Pocus' site, I had just asked for everyone to give us a couple of days. Thank you.

Angle issues? from the back? What do you want? An invisble portable hover craft for $100 bucks...lol, sorry no offense but that's funny. Your right you can't do it surrounded...If you could I think I would charge closer to a million dollars.

As far as having people on your extreme sides, yes it can be done, and I know it sounds too good to be true, and frankly Im tired of saying that. I agree it will be nice when they are shipped out in the first week of Feburary so that people can see this for themselves. Thanks for your comments Mghia!

To answer Lesterkirad, we have enough in production to meet the preorders so far, but quanities are limited. The next lot will be a couple of weeks behind.

P.
[quote]
On 2003-01-27 01:17, Peter Loughran wrote:

Angle issues? from the back? What do you want? An invisble portable hover craft for $100 bucks...lol, sorry no offense but that's funny. Your right you can't do it surrounded...If you could I think I would charge closer to a million dollars.

[/quote]

Hey how did you hear about my portable hover craft Peter? It's still under development and should be out by fall of 2013. The estimated price that you gave is a bit TOO HIGH :rolleyes: It's more going to be like $500,000.
Okay...I fell for it. I ordered it and hope it meets expectations. If not... oh well... I've ordered worse. But if it kicks butt, I will be sure and let everyone know.

t
Peter,

The video looks fine from my 21 inch monitor, the muscic, well, it's not the 60s or 70s, but that's OK it didn't deter me from placing an order with Hocus Pocus.

As for price verse usage, any of the metal appearing/disappearing canes runs about $75 dollars for a one second surprise. It is not the tool but the presentation of the effect that makes the illusion.

I am looking forward to receiving this order. Thanks Peter for sharing this with us!
In the words of Mr. Guinn, "I'm glad the price is in the 100 dollar range. If it were 20, every person who saw it, even those who had never done magic at all, would snap it up, and that would be a shame. It would be like seeing 500 people doing 'Hummer card' in Vegas, if you get my meaning."

Quite frankly, even at the current price, I fear everybody will be snapping it up and doing it. Just look at how many people have viewed this thread and responded to it!

This is one of those situations in which I wish the creator had kept his miracle to himself or shared it with only a handful of close associates. It's a beautiful effect, truly in the "miracle" class, outrageously versatile, and doesn't require years of practice to perform adequately. In other words, it bears all the dangerous earmarks of overexposure.
Hi,

I've just ordered this. Cant wait to receive it. :D
Has anyone got any idea how much shipping will be to England? :wow:

Thanks,
Lewis.
Lewis you are in for a nasty surprise. You'll find your credit card has been charged $134.95, i.e. $35 shipping. I queried Hocus Pocus on this incredible amount for shipping and they say they don't know the weight of the Elevator (they hadn't recieved them yet) so they have charged an arbitrary amount which will be adjusted when it's shipped by refund to your card.
Hi,

I just got an email from Hocus-Pocus saying that shipping will be around $25.

Still a real lot of money. :wow:

Lewis.
Well what did you guys think a FORK LIFT costs to ship???.....:-))))))))
Wow, nine pages of discussion already & the elevator is not even shipped yet! Do you guys remember anything which has generated so much disscussion on a single topic so far(less blaine, of course)? I bet this thing will go on to a least 30 pages after its release, any takers?
I am sure most of you will be excited by Peter's illusion. I know the method, and it's [b]very very clever[/b]!

I'll be writing a full review in the near future, watch for it in the [i]Catch of the Day[/i] forum. :)
I could'nt wait, so I ordered mine Monday.I was afaid they might run out filling the pre-orders and I did'nt want to wait another couple of weeks for it.

Anybody come up with a good reason to tell the spectators why you have to bend down and touch the floor before you rise up? Besides that, it looks great. :magicrabbit:
Yes I know what streaming video means Peter.
Peter, what is the saying about first impressions being everything?
I say demand or not, make them wait until you have quality. Better to give everyone a pro look and not make excuses for low res.

Sorry, when I see a rush like this it rings of a slap together feel. Maybe some of us, who have seen crazes come and go, expect to see the actual effect in clarity before sending someone in Canada $150. You know yourself that allot of magic looks great on tape but in the real world, is usable in so few situations.

As the to comment about angles, I am not a fool. , I feel anything you can whip up in a week or two and mail out for $100 and still make a profit, no, I do not expect much from it.
Your comment to paraphrase of "What do you want for $100 bucks" has me concerned about the quality will be shipping out.

Hopefully for your sake, it is as great as sliced bread.
LOL no offense intended but these guys on this site will cream you just as much as they praise you if the blurry video they pre ordered from is "too good to be true". Just look at the Braco ball thread.

I was just pointing out that just about every levitation has a bad angle and most can be filmed to look like a miracle.

There are many good ones all ready out there with just different body position Still one side is off limits to view. What is the real benefit then? So I guess my comment was in reaction to people jumping at the chance to have something before knowing anything about the quality or construction. They seem to base everything on blurry video and the comments of the creator. Braco still stands by his levitating ball….

AND my other reason for the angle comment was because in that video the camera DOES not show the extreme sides.
You have clarified this in words here but if the question was not asked....

John, Take a breath, take your time, do not rush your product. They will come, they will wait if it good and high quality.
Let us all know when the better video is finished.

[quote]
On 2003-01-27 01:17, Peter Loughran wrote:
mghia,

Yes the video is blury and pixelated because it is being streamed. Not sure if you know what streaming means,

As far as having people on your extreme sides, yes it can be done, and I know it sounds too good to be true, and frankly Im tired of saying that. I agree it will be nice when they are shipped out in the first week of Feburary so that people can see this for themselves. Thanks for your comments Mghia!

To answer Lesterkirad, we have enough in production to meet the preorders so far, but quanities are limited. The next lot will be a couple of weeks behind.

P.
[/quote]
Being Ripped Off...

Lanny Kibby (Illusion Designer) from Texas emailed me after waiting over 8 months for the twister illusion. He requested I send him a $200 money order for shipping, then I waited and waited again. Finally, it arrived COD which means if I wanted this illusion I had to pay another $200 for shipping again. Now that is being ripped off. By the way, the illusion is not completed and I have to do additional work to get it to work right so now it sits.

I have gotten several emails from individuals who were in a lot worst shape than me and they too got doubled billed.

If I can do what the video and the above info states and get away clean, it is worth the $100 plus shipping. I know what being ripped off is and $25.00 not being ripped off. I will pay that in a heart-beat just to get illusion plans. As peter say, your not required to purchase this, however, if you like the effect it is worth it!
Thanks Den!

Mghia,

Quite the contrary, this is not something that is "whipped UP"!

It has my name on the product, and if you have ever bought from L2ILLUSIONS before or even know someone who has, you will know that this will be good quality. Anyway, I am not going to argue with you or anyone else. Im tired of doing that and have better things to do, Either you like what you see and you buy the effect or you think it's a rushed peice of crap and you don't buy it, plain and simple.

It will be released and shipped out in a matter of days, and the product will speak for itself.

Actually the video itself is of good quality, its the streaming that makes it poor. So I don't think releasing it was a bad, move, you may not like it, but a hundred others did. Im not asking you to buy it, in fact the less people that do, the more the ones who did buy it will apreciate it that much more.

Lates,

P.
Ah, excellent. Shipped in the next few days.
Im not sure if mine will as I only ordered it a few days ago :lol:

I live in hope.

Lewis.

p.s Im sure this will be good quality, and it is unfair to say Peter just whipped this up...just take a look at the quality of the other amazing illusions on his site! :wow:
[quote]
On 2003-01-28 14:06, Peter Loughran wrote:

Im not asking you to buy it, in fact the less people that do, the more the ones who did buy it will apreciate it that much more.

Lates,

P.
[/quote]

Yeah listen to the man... and please don't buy it :bg:
:bg:
Man I sure hope the "GOOD" qualty videos are up for viewing tommorow.
I had a problem at first with the quality of the video and I thought this was strange because I have a broadband connection.

What I discovered is that I had to change some settings in RealPlayer to enable me to get the full quality version.

For anyone who is interested, try going to Tools->Preferences in RealPlayer and altering the parameters in the "connections" tab to suit your setup.

You can also increase the buffer size (in seconds)under the "Playback Settings" tab.

It worked for me!

Cheers,

YT
Thanks YT,

I was begining to wonder why some people with fast connections were having problems yet it looked fine for others. Thanks for the tip, that's awesome!

P.
Called Hocus Pocus on the shipping and they informed me shipping in the US would be $8 or $9 while shipping to Canada would be $25.
Well...add me to the growing list of those that have actually BOUGHT this!!! Called a little while ago and got it ordered!
Funny thing was...the lady that answered asked what I wanted and I said "...the one everybody else is ordering...!!" and she said..."oh, you mean The Elevator!!??"
Sure glad I'm gonna be in on the first batch sent out...something I can brag about in years to come when the "modern classics" of magic are discussed...hopefully I'll have the Elevator on me then!!!
Still can't wait to read the first reviews of this even before I get mine.
Hi,

FTA...I cant wait either!
:bawl:

Lewis.
I can't get it to play at all! It doesn't even show a player with control buttons. When I select help....it says to open win media right click viewer.....I don't see viewer anywhere I even tried the main screen and nothing. I thought it was Real Player media anyway. What am I doing wrong...I would like to see this....good or bad quality!
Please could someone email me the clip?

Sorry school internet is filtered, but would LOVE to see this, sounds awesome!!

Thanks a lot,
:carrot:
If you can e-mail the clip and not the link to it, it might work.... I tried to download it...couldnt' tried to e-mail it and all it sent was a link to it...I want to see this too!
Please Show Me The Magic
shomemagic
Peter,

As a Macintosh user, I'm still unable to view the video either on your site or at Hocus Pocus. Is there any way to put a download button somewhere on your site? Or ??

I can see on this thread that I'm not alone in not being able to see the video. I have the latest Real Player (called RealOne on Mac), etc.

Thanks!
Jerry
I have RealPlayer 8 Basic, and I'm on an iMac. Just make sure that you have the plug-in installed -- it should be fine.
[b]I believe I figured it out Peter. Very clever and I am looking forward to receiving your gimmick.[/b]

Rather then discuss it, here, I'll email you my thoughts. You invested a lot of money and time coming up with this illusion.
I know this goes without saying, but PLEASE POST A REVIEW as soon as you guys get this!!

Tom
Message: Posted by: MichaelSibbernsen (Jan 29, 2003 05:38PM)
Jerry,

If you are using RealOne for OSX, the video seems to be incompatible. If you download RealPlayer 8 and run under "classic" mode, it will work.

This is, strangely enough, the *only* Real video I have not been able to open with RealOne. Not sure the reason.

I might suggest that Peter have the video available in QuickTime format, or perhaps re-encode the original video with the most up-to-date version of Real's Helix Producer which should solve the problem.

MS
Is there any chance the video will be converted to AVI or MPEG format and uploaded so we can just download it? I have a poxy dial-up connection so trying to watch a 14mb streamed video file is like trying to shove my head through a clarinet.
An mpeg would definitely be of better quality, but you know the thing about mpegs -- HUGE file sizes. I think this is why Peter opted to go with the .rm.

Den, I'd say I have a solid background in magic -- I'm still floored by the video!
Ok the downloadble vid should be on our site by Friday.

Well even if you do end up figuring it out by watching the video over and over, you can be rest assured your audience won't figure it out as they will only see it once. This is why magicians don't show a trick twice, and its twice as bad when you show a magician a trick twice...lol.

Dennis if you do indeed know the method, then thanks for seeing the cleverness in the invention, and wait until you see the design, its quite cool I must admit, and it is so well constructed that it will last you a life time. I just wanted to be upfront with everyone and have them view a video that would show them what it looks like if they were actually there.

The release of the product is right on scheduel and Hocus-Pocus will be recieving their units by Tuesday. They will then ship to their customers. I will be shipping direct to my customers on Tuesday aswell.

P.
Just wondering Mr. Loughran, how long will the introductory price last?

Right now I was trying to save the money for it, but I could always put myself into debt and buy it now if the price wasn't going to last another month or so...I really don't want to be caught without one!!!

And just wondering, after the initial pre-order, will there be a long wait before more elevators are produced, or can you produce them fast enough for the demand?
Im hoping to keep the introductory price as the final price. We are simply experimenting with different suppliers for this effect at the moment. so as long as we can continue to buy our supplies and the cost of manufacturing and labour remains the same, etc. The price will stay as is.

Well we are almost sold out of the intial run of the product, the next lot will be a couple of weeks behind, but because of the huge demand we will be manufacturing double the amount of units this time. SO not to worry to much.

Save your money, I don't want you to go into debt, The Elevator will be there for you when you are ready.

P.
[quote]
On 2003-01-29 20:24, Peter Loughran wrote:

This is why magicians don't show a trick twice, and its twice as bad when you show a magician a trick twice...lol.
[/quote]

Or you can do a "surprise" trick for the same person next time you see him (her) *wink* *wink*

I think you should add another $100 dollars to the price after this special introductory deal Peter :bg:
I too am floored by the video, and I no longer want to think logically and figure out how things work.

Many years I ago I gave up trying to figure out how magic is done. I go for the enjoyment of the presentation and humor. Knowing how it is done ruins the illusion and I want the illusion to be real as I am drawn into the entertainment aspect of a show. It is easier to pass on the illusion if one believes in the illusion.
Peter, will you limit the production of the Elevator? I don't wish to see one day I'm performing to someone who also own a Elevator.
The only thing not asked Peter is how many floors does the elevator go up. Impatiently waiting for mine.
I'll ask a question that you will laugh at, but it's unfortunately reality for me.

I'm bowlegged. Can I still use the gimmick without it beeing seen?

I also have a tip about what to show in the new videoclip. Don't just show the legs. Show the entire body in at least one occasion on the clip.

I really long to buy this...

Mikael
I was talking to a lady friend on here earlier (chat room) and was telling her how I can levitate...and NOT how the "street magician" does!! *** that's FUN to say!!! You know..we just HAVE to keep this levitation away from the "public" ("bless 'em"....Carl Denham in King Kong 1933) as far as how it's done!!! Most of 'em know the Balducci so lets let it stay that way and use it like it was suggested way earlier (by Peter I think!!??)...do the Balducci...then turn around and KILL 'em with the Elevator...and make SURE they never know how it's done!!!!!
I have a question that I don't think has been asked. Yes I know you can do it with bare feet, and in shoes. Now my question is, could you levitate with shoes first, then immidietly afterwards take your shoes and socks off and levitate again, or if you want to do it bare feet you need to take the gimmick off or something and put it back on.
thanks.
Please, everyone, relax.

I know I'm a new member here, but I must chime in. First off, I've never seen so much buzz surrounding one item. And we don't even know if it's going to be a hit or a dud yet.

Second, the Internet has both been a blessing and falling for magic. I understand people want to be the next David Blaine (and don't deny it, if it weren't for him, there wouldn't be 276 posts about a street levitation). Mr. Loughran has been nice enough to answer all of our questions regarding his product, and we should just back off, wait for the item to be released then go from there.

The basis for some of the questions are proposerous -- I can NOT see a performing condition in which we worry about levitating with shoes on, take it off, do it barefoot and worry if we flash the gimmick throughout.

Or, we have questions like this: "Umm, so say I was playing basketball but I sprained my ankle during a game. Would I be able to do The Elevator on a beach, with shorts on, the sun shining from behind with people 270 degrees around me? If you say yes, THEN I'll consider buying it."

Common sense folks.

Lets not bombard Mr. Loughran anymore and try to figure out the trick. There are many products we have purchased just by reading the ad, and now they're in the bottom compartment of our bedroom drawer. For "The Elevator," we've been given a two-minute video and 10 pages of Q&A from the creator. Let's just be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

And on a little side-rant of mine, I know people want to get as much posts as they can so they could reach some special "100 post member's page" plateau. But try to not take up so much of Steve Brook's pages...like by writing "Yeah, I can't wait to get it too!" and calling that one post. Try to write something of substance, and to use a Café analogy (since we are at the Magic Café), I'd take a grande cappucino over 10 cups of gas station coffee any day of the week.

Respectfully,
Kevin

(And yes, I put my order in for "The Elevator" as well.)
We've had WAY more questions answered about this illusion than 99 percent of all other illusions out there. I believe Peter has done a great job (beyond the call of duty) in trying to answer each and every concern or question about his levitation... but at this point I say... please give the man a rest! Let's be honest... this topic is just turning into one big information loop!

Leo Martin
If the presentation is done right, yes you can take your shoes off and do it again. BUT like any illusion, each time it is done repeatively, the more the viewer is watching for the secret, that is why presentation is so important.

A second time, failure, a third time failure, It doesn't seem to be working then wham... a surprise float and end.

As you can see my mine is working on a routine for a second time but I won't impress the viewers with my big toes hanging out of my sock.
Thanks. soon as I get the money I want to buy it. Also, by the way I have followed this topic, and my question wasn't asked before. I just wanted to clear that up.
I cant wait!
I already have a lot of levitations, from simple Balducci to Fearson's box, to Zero G, and have seen a number of others that looked pretty good in their own area, King's rising and In-Flight come to mind.

But from what Peter has said, and what I have seen - Elevator is a very special levitiation effect.

Peter is the consumate professional, and a terrificly creative magic mind. His Ultimate Dancing cane is terrific, and way under priced for the performance value of it. Elevator is another one of those type of products from Peter.

I certainly don't intend to be the last magician on the planet to have one of these! My order is already in place.

But my advice to you all, is to forget the video. Don't buy one. Forget about it....

I want to be one of a few who amazes the skeptics with this one.

BroDavid
[quote]
KevinKM99 wrote:

And on a little side-rant of mine, I know people want to get as much posts as they can so they could reach some special "100 post member's page" plateau. But try to not take up so much of Steve Brook's pages...like by writing "Yeah, I can't wait to get it too!" and calling that one post.
[/quote]

[quote]
Terry wrote:

I cant wait! [/quote]

Sorry just thought it was funny :rotf:
It is really amazing how long this thread is and nobody has thee effect yet. Can you imagine how long this thread will be when the effects comes out.

It has been said before, it is because the creator is answering all our questions. I hope he will be rewarded for his efforts.
If I do this with one shoe on and one shoe off (even tough my name is not John) can I do the Elevator or will I veer off course and crash into something?

OK, that was just for you, Peter. :rotf:

See you at the Beer Garden for Turkish beers!

Whoooooooa oooooooh ooooooooh oooooh ooh!
(Inside Joke)

Tom
[quote]
On 2003-01-30 20:19, KevinKM99 wrote:
Please, everyone, relax.

Try to write something of substance, and to use a Café analogy (since we are at the Magic Café), I'd take a grande cappucino over 10 cups of gas station coffee any day of the week.

Respectfully,
Kevin

(And yes, I put my order in for "The Elevator" as well.)
[/quote]

Kevin, you obviously are new here. If we all used Café analogies we'd all sound about as unfunny as you. People come here for entertainment and to learn what effects they want and what effects they want to stay away from. I say question away. If someone promises a new revolutionary way of doing a classic effect, announces it for free on the Café, and is charging $100 for it, they should gladly answer questions. And that's what the creator's been doing. So Kevin, thanks a latte for sharing your original thoughts with us.

Respectfully,

Platt
Platt,

I actually pay for an ad on the Café every month. So it is not free. The sponsers are also a small help to Steve and the Café, to help insure it remains free for everyone else. I think its a win win situation. Steve is kind enough to let me mention my products within the Café as I am an advertiser with the Café. Besides I think it is a good way to answer questions as you mentioned.

Thanks Steve for all of your hard work maintaing the Café. Magic on the internet would be a quiet place without you!

P.
Peter is the video ready yet?
Question?

Has any other posting regarding a specific trick/effect received as many replies as this one in such a short period of time?.
Looks as if "every man and his dog" will own one by the end of February !

Howard

Phew !!! made my 50 posts
No doubt, this has been a super hot topic. But let's face it, levitation illusions have been popular long before any of us were born. So the prospect of an awesome street levitation (other than those overly exposed on television) has certainly caught everyone's attention here in the Café.

It's truly unfortunate that the time honored Balducci levitation has become common knowledge, but thank goodness we have people like Peter who can think outside the box and give us an alternative. That's certainly cause for excitement.

Leo Martin
Hi,

Does anyone know if I will have to pay any import duty on this item when it arrives? (I live in England)

Thanks,
Lewis. :)
Duty is at the discretion of the UK Post Office. Some of my parcels from the US have had 'duty' charges marked on them, but the postman has never asked me for it. I guess that I have been lucky!
Peter, is the video on your Multimedia page supposed to work? Or do I need to make some adjustments with my pc?

Mikael
No. it needs to be compressed to 10mb or less. Right now the vid is at 27mb. I will get that done this week. First things first. I'm shipping the Elevators out on Tuesday.
Peter, is this for all orders or have you only limited supplies?
I live in the UK. Will international orders have to wait?
Hi Peter

Unless there is a problem with bandwidth on your end, some of us would be happy with a 27mb video. I know I would :)

Thanks

Cable modem Duncan
Nitram,
All orders as of today will be honoured in the first shipment on Tuesday. However, if you ordered from HP, you will have to wait until they ship it to you, which should be by the end of the week. I ship them their orders then they ship to their customers. I ship direct to my customers.
P.S. Thanks for the PM Nitram!

Duncan,

My server only allows us to upload 10mb at one time.

P.
Hmm, I still haven't been able to see this. My screen freezes up everytime I try. Are there any plans to make this available for WMV or Quicktime or something I can see? Realplayer apparently doesn't like me.

P.S.- Yup, I know jack about computers. :dizzy:
I ordered mine from HP, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit. Thanks for the info Peter.
Managed to see the video today,

Did not look very super to me,
Could be just me looking the illusion in a diffrent way.

it looked like only the toes are popping up and down rather than person levitating up.

forgive me if I am on the wrong direction.
[quote]
On 2003-02-03 13:03, allmagic wrote:
Managed to see the video today,

Did not look very super to me,
Could be just me looking the illusion in a diffrent way.

it looked like only the toes are popping up and down rather than person levitating up.

forgive me if I am on the wrong direction.
[/quote]

Yes my friend you're going on the wrong direction... hopefully :bg:

I ordered mine weeks ago and I sure hope... No it will be great!
[quote]
On 2003-02-02 19:55, Peter Loughran wrote:

Duncan,

My server only allows us to upload 10mb at one time.

P.
[/quote]

Fairy nuff :)

Duncan
All magic,

The heels and toes rise! I have two clips in the video that clearly show that. Perhaps the quality of the video you viewed was not great. My apologies.

Anyway. They are all boxed up and ready to go!

So I guess I don't really need to say anything anymore. I'm sure the reviews will be out, and that will give people a better judgement. Good or bad!

A couple Hundred Elevators are enroute in a few hours. And thank god! We are exhausted!

I think HP has only a few left, and we too are almost completely sold out. The next line will be out in a few weeks.

Anyway, time for me to get some sleep I think.

Enjoy!

I'm so excited for everyone. Hopefully now you will see how much fun I have been having with people lately!

P.
;)
Peter,

Great to hear everything is right on schedule. I'm sure most of us here really appreciate your hard work in getting Elevator out the door to us.

I think I'm gonna set up camp next to my mail box in anticipation... well... maybe that's just a little over the top. :)

Regards,

Leo Martin
"A couple hundred Elevators are enroute...The next line will be out in a few weeks?"

Please, Peter, for heaven's sake, stop making them! I'm having nightmares of audiences being assaulted by an Elevator army.
Well, in the US there are over 200 million persons. That leaves about 1 million per person to entertain with the Elevator. You figure it out world wide with 6 billion people.
Just think of the ratio of people who do Balducci, or King Rising or zero gravity, or let's say trick decks like ID...

Now I'm sure more people have ID than Elevator and that's still a mystery!
[quote]
I'm having nightmares of audiences being assaulted by an Elevator army.
[/quote]

An army of hundreds of hovering magicians going into battle... cool!

Who knows... could be a scene in the next Harry Potter film!

Leo Martin
Everything's the next greatest miracle until it's been out for awhile. (When was the last time you saw a post on Kohler's Black Envelope.) Before we worry about everyone having the Elevator, let's worry about it really being as practical as we're all thinking. My guess is that it's not. I don't know Peter and I hope his illusion is the greatest thing ever. But c'mon people. Think about how much more accurate you'd be if you expected the worst every time you bought the next greatest thing.
I'm going with the numbers.
Platt, You must be real fun at a Party!
Chance :rotf:
I think Platt is just being honest and sensible. I also hope this will be something great (might have a better perspective if I could actually see the video), but let's not start mortaging our houses and planning to build a career on this.
I never said this was the next greatest thing. All I have done is come up with an alternative to do the street levitation effect that works in better situations and in less controlled conditions. It's virtually the same effect, just better angles and fewer restrictions, that's all. And there is nothing misleading about that, because it's simply the truth.

Platt, for you to assume that it is a poor effect is your right, but you would think you would see it for yourself in your hands first before you trash it. That's only fair.

Marko,

If anyone tries to build a career on one effect then they are in the wrong business!

Anyway, did someone say party?
:dancing:

P.
No, Peter, it's not you who is hyping up the effect. You've answered every question honestly and helpfully. I commend you. But sometimes these things just get out of hand.
Thanks Marko!

It wears you out after awhile. But I tried to do my best, I think that was only fair to my customers. I care about my customers.

Anyway, I'm sure the hype will die down the longer it has been released, because then it's not the "latest thing." That goes for any trick.

But for most people it is a small investment if you are a serious street performer. And really, that's who The Elevator was marketed for; serious performers, that want a quality prop that works well.

If someone is not serious about magic then they should save their money and buy the next $20.00 trick deck that comes out instead, as that may be more up their alley! Or if you're just learning magic, save your money and buy some books. Anyway, I think you see the point I am making.

Hopefully everyone will like the Elevator, but there will be some who don't, and again this goes for any trick. However, I think people with a good background in magic will truly apprectiate the cleverness in this invention.

I guess only time will tell now.

Thanks for your comments.

P.
I was trying out how to do this. I just realized, being overweight tilts me forward enough that I will really have to work on this to keep from falling over.

Can I do a body levitation on the floor 4 inches with the Elevator? Hee Hee!
WHOA! This is amazing! I saw the demo and Peter has done it again. Great Magic!!! :dance:
Peter,
In your video, you touch your shoes for a while before you start to levitate. Is this move necesarry prior to the levitation?
limhanchung,
He already said that this is the minor "set up" required, but he has even come up with a way to do this without bending down. Correct me Peter, if I am wrong here.

Ivan

PS: Did you know that a spider uses IT for self levitation. And it has a shooting hook-up too. :lol:
This is the first week in February, so does anybody know if HP has sent them out yet? I ordered mine with 2 day shipping and I'm chomping at the bit waiting for it. :magicrabbit:
[quote]
On 2003-02-02 19:55, Peter Loughran wrote:
...if you ordered from HP, you will have to wait until they ship it to you, which should be by the end of the week.
[/quote]

That is when they ship out and you can add shipping time to that. You are, likely, looking at the middle of next week for the earliest arrivals from HP.
As soon as somebody comes up with a levitation that omits the need for gratutitous placement of the spectator, [i]that[/i] will be the one that trumps the others.

My rule of thumb here is: The minute Danny Hustle tells me he's using it with success is the minute I buy one outright.

I do have a feeling Peter may have done this, although this comes indirectly through channels that assure me this is an extremely clever idea.

Peter, I wish you the best on this, and I thank you for trying to solve the logistical problems that plague the other methods. The others have things to commend to them as well, but I would like nothing more than to be able to actually do this in the middle of a restaurant for a conciliatory group--and maybe there's a side to me that would like to shut down the pseudo-challenges emanating from Blaine's shutter-chicanery as well.
It's really hard to make a decision with the bad quality of the video. When is the new one going to be released?

Also, do actually both feet go up? Can the heels and the front of both feet be seen going up? Can it be done from the front and side angles at the same time?

Thanks.
Yoey2000,

I say give it just a couple more days, and there'll be such a massive flood of reviews, it may even rival this topic in the amount of overall posts and views.

Leo Martin
I second that request for a decent quality video!

I have tried a few times to view it on a 2MB ADSL line to no avail.

I don't care if it's a 30 or 40 MB download, but Real format sucks. Quicktime would be great.
The same video is included when you purchase the elevator.
Yes, please bring on the video!!
After reading the reviews, I am convinced and ordering mine today!!!
Hey Guys,
I just checked out hocus-pocus.com and they have a better quality video. It looks nice and it's clear but you will have to wait a couple of minutes for it to download. It's 3 minutes long.
Regarding the new clip at Hocus-Pocus, it is a 34Mb mpeg. For non-broadband users, this will make for a very long download. It may however be worth the wait for those that missed out viewing the Real Video.
WOW that is an amazing video!
Hi all,

Just saw the video on Hocus Pocus. HOLY MOLY!!!! Looks just incredible! Congrats, Peter!
I received The Elevator in the mail today.

It is everything Peter claims it to be.

It is a fantastic piece of magic combined with a very thoughtful and well laid out print manuscript as well as video instruction.

I expect to get reactions like this
:wow: Whenever I use it.

Great job, Peter! One of the best purchases I have made in a long time.
Peter, it is worth every Penny. You will have to practice it but it shouldn't take long to get it down.
I can't believe I got my Elevator today! I wasn't expecting it till Monday. As soon as I got it, I watched the instructional video, read all of the printed instructions, and then practiced (yes... "practiced") for about 2 hours. I did this simply because I wasn't about to post a review without actually taking some quality time to work with it.

My wife knew I had ordered this levitation, and knew I was practicing with it. She also knew she'd be the first spectator when I was ready to show it (as she has been with all other tricks I perform). Let me also mention she's a very tough cookie to pull one over on. Even so, when I performed the Elevator for her, she was completely fooled as to how I did it. Her response was simply... [b]"WOW"!![/b] (and she meant it)

That said, let me give a bit of advice to everyone who is going to receive the Elevator. Please take the time to practice with it! After the first 15 minutes or so, I was beginning to doubt my ability to perform it adequately. But after the first hour, I knew I'd be able to. After the second hour, I started to feel like a pro! I'm very happy now with the speed at which I'm levitating and the amount of time I can remain levitated. And with more practice, I'll only get better.

Seriously though, everyone needs to understand that this illusion is like 99 percent of all other great illusions... in that it's not going to do the performance for you. You have to be willing to follow the instructions (which are well described) and continue practicing until the moves are second nature and you're not even thinking about them.

What can I say but... great job Peter! And for the record, I feel you sold it at an extremely fair price. Well done!

Thanks,

Leo Martin
Hello Peter,

I must echo Tony's sentiments.

I received my Elevator today, and I must say it is everything you promised.

I feel you made this available at a reasonable cost for all the instruction, and presentation material included.

Like all great magic, you made it simple, but it makes you scratch your head, and wonder, "Why didn't think of that?"

If people will quit trying to find out how it's done for free, buy it, learn to do it well, and keep the secret, we'll have a knock out effect for the lay audience.

The only question I have is if it ever needs repair (I say "if" because it's so well built), will you be able to help us out?

Peter, thank you & best wishes for your newest success! ....... Manyfingers
It should last you a life time but of course if it needs some repair, simply send it to us and we'll have it back to original condition for you in no time, no problem at all. We care very much about our customers, so it would be our pleasure as long as you have registered the product with us as stated in the manuscript.

I am really happy everyone is enjoying our hard work. Please post about any reactions you recieve in the comming weeks performing it! We would love to hear from you.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. It makes us very happy!

P.
Hey Peter!
I woke up a little late today and went out to the mail box. Inside I found the little orange receipt saying that a package is waiting at the leasing office of my complex! I drove up there, ran to the door...locked, shut down, no luck. The time was 5:10 and they closed at 5:00. My Elevator will be sleeping in the office till the morning. To everyone who did wake up earlier than 4pm, have fun with the good stuff.

Last thing, I do strolling at a restaurant, is the effect easy enough or practical to do in some of the walk around situations?
I know I will obviously have to pick and choose the right time to do it as to watch the angle factor, but I was just wondering if you have ever tried it out strolling.
Thanks again and congrats,
Tim
It will work great for you in the right situations as you mentioned, no problem. The Elevator was invented for praticality and built for the working pro. Once you get used to it you will begin to see how unrestricted you really are with this device.

P.
I'm kind of skeptical. When I saw the video, the levitation wasn't smooth. He was on the ground, and then levitating, he didn't rise up. Also, one of his feet looks lower which kind of seems really weird. Can this be viewed from both sides at one time?
I got my Elevator yesterday and I love it. The quality of the product is top-notch and should last you guys a long time. Congrats Peter! :cheers:

Yoey the specs have to be pretty close if they're on your sides.
THIS LEVITATION ROCKS IS ALL I CAN SAY.............(speechless)............

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Have mine for about 3 weeks now, Practice a bit every day. Improving... But not ready for prime time. Last night did walk around and did a bit of Kings rising, and antigravity... Never thought my balance would be that much of a problem

:confused:
Wow this thread is back in rolling again...

Keep this thread rolling...

by the way elevator is a great stuff..

Symmatrix :firedevil:
Like Paris, I've also had The Elevator for three weeks and do not feel comfortable or confident about using it yet despite practice. Balance is a key issue here as is the lack of rise that should come from levitation as opposed to simply having your feet off the ground.

I look forward to the publication of the Elevator Tip booklet which hopefully may address some of these issues.
Balance does not have to be a big issue at all. I can't stress this enough, use your spectators to your advantage including improving your balance.
You can always email us and will be happy to help you out with any problems you may have. It really is a great illusion. Despite all the different Levs out and comming out, We still beleive the Elevator is the most user friendly and the most practical street levitation ever while still boasting all of the advantages.
The Elevator booklet is almost done, with tons of great stuff inside.

Anyway, Great News, Improvements have been made to our site, including a facelift, and yes We have got our first Video up, YAY! Visit the multimedia page. It turns out it was problems with formats. Anyway, now we will be having many more videos of all of our products and the show up over the next couple of months.

Anyway, check out http://www.masterofillusions.ca and let us know what you think of the site's make-over so far.

P.
I would recommend The One Levitation as an improvement over the Elevator. The One is a big step forward, takes care of the problems with the Elevator, and (in my opinion) is the best self-levitation on the market today.
I'll wait until Pete comes out with another method,:) cause he'll more than likely will once "One" has ran it's marketing course. Just like the other levitations he's put on the market. If his original was as great as the hype, there wouldn't be no need for improved versions would there? I'll wait until I can read some honest reviews from people who are not obligated to write a review simply because they beta tested it.

Elevator was hyped as the only levitation you'll ever need. It's hard to trust the hype when a pattern of not living up to it is quite clearly presented.

Example: Elevator was supposed to be so great that they eventually came out with an improved Elevator, which was supposed to be the best levitation on the market. That was until "One". I don't believe the hype anymore. If the last two weren't good enough to leave alone and not improve, then I have no confidence that this product will be any different. I still occassionally perform the Balducci which gets huge reactions.

Disclaimer: the above post was written by Todd Bernard and clearly expresses his opinions, which may or may not be shared by others. :)