(Close Window)
Topic: Fund-Raise Run
Hello,

I'm considering taking a job in a couple of months. It is for a non-profit organization. The event is going to be advertised to the public. The event is a marathon run-race open to anyone wanting to run. They are going to sell tickets for a magic show (possibly me). If I recall, the group runs for cancer research. What should I charge? My regular fee, work with them based on the ticket sale percentage, and/or I was thinking about them paying and including my show information with all their advertising. I appreciate any help from the experts with this type of gig!

Wayne...
Wayne, this has been batted about ad nauseum. If you use the search function, you will find lots of arguments and points on the subject.
Just split the door with them. If you can draw a good sized crowd, you will earn what you are worth and everybody wins. If you can't draw a crowd, you can use it as a learning experience and do something to draw a crowd. Search this forum and you will find lots of ideas for promoting a show. If you don't want to do the work to promote the show, don't take the booking. If you do, there is a good chance that everybody will lose!

Jim
I've always felt that to have a successful fund raiser you should insist that tickets be sold in advance, as well as at the door. I used to number tickets, making the sponsor responsible for any missing tickets. Since I was doing school shows, I would ask the PTA/PTO to give a ticket to any child who couldn't afford one and keep an accounting of it. (No kid should ever miss a magic show under those circumstances.)
Charge whatever fee you think would work best for you, and give them something extra for their money. But first, negotiate your fee.
Al Angello