(Close Window)
Topic: Need Tips
If anyone could be soo kind can anyone tell me where to find help to do false shuffles and things like that I cant seem to get them.
Well do you belong to a magic club?

Gil Scott
Royal Road to Card Magic

Expert Card Technique

Card College

I would go with Card College all the way personally, but it is the more expensive option.
There are also tons of videos and books on the subject...I am not sure where a beginner should start....Carl Fulves, Marlo, Ackerman, etc. all have good material...but, I don't think it is for a beginner.
I agree. Card College would be a great way to go. When you get to a more advanced level, you can check out Expert Card Technique, Erdnase, Marlo and others.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
I'll second dorian's comment on this one. For sure pick up Card college not anything by marlo. Card college is GREAT for begginers and when you get pumpin there are some very hard techniques in there as well. It will serve you well.
Take a look at the Card College dvd's. In my opinion dvd's are easier to learn if you don't know those kind of sleights yet but that's a opinion that will differ proberly a lot with others. The Books are great to offcourse I got the whole deal.
Expert Card Technique is great, really love that book.

Just take a look at some books at a local magic dealer maybe ? The person there will be able to help you to offcourse.

Good luck

Rick
IMHO you only need a couple of good false shuffles. My personal favorite is the Zarrow Shuffle it can be found here.
:http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=DV9445-Zarrow-Shuffle,-Zarrow

-Pauly
Let's not get the guy too excited on too many places to look for false shuffles. Once the basics are down, then he can look elsewhere. Regardless of what we think he needs, the truth is, he needs a solid foundation on which to base, practice and study future endeavors. Having said that, I'll completely disregard my own advice and say that if you want to learn a Zarrow Shuffle, check out Zarrow's own instructions, the Fulve's Manuscripts, Wesley James' work on the Zarrow and Gary Plants' work on the Zarrow. Anywhere else would pretty much be a waste of time.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 14, 2007 09:53PM)
As Herb said himself: you need to be able to do the table shuffle first before you embark the Z.

Dorian is dead right - basics first, the icing will follow.

Pete,
if you are new to magic in general, I would recommend Mark Wilson`s book

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=196407&forum=41

Hope this helps

Andy
[quote]
On 2007-02-09 02:01, PrettyPete wrote:
If anyone could be soo kind can anyone tell me where to find help to do false shuffles and things like that I cant seem to get them.
[/quote]

Where have you been looking?

Card College would be the best first place to learn false shuffles "and things like that."
Pesently the OP's count is 0. Where are you?

Hideo Kato
I think OP thought there is a place somewhere, here at the Café, that taught false shuffles and stuff. Perhaps?
Check out Card College!