(Close Window)
Topic: What is your favorite Gimmicked card effect?
What's your favorite effect that uses gimmicked, or at least severely altered, cards?

Mine would have to be Larry Jennings' "The Close-Up Illusion" from the book Lake Tahoe Card Magic by Louis Falanga. A real stunner.

Also, I like Mark Mason's "Tempus Fugit": a drawing of a clock on the back of a signed card changes time (the hands move) just by shaking it lightly. Very visual.

And, using the lowly double-facer, you can't beat "Anniversary Waltz" from Doc Eason.
Double facers in general are my favourites. I used to use them for all sorts of things. That reminds me to get them back out.

Sable
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
B-wave always gets a strong reaction, and it's so simple - no complicated moves!!!
"Decked Out" - produced and distributed by JB Magic (UK).

I don't know how suitable it is for performing in 'real world' conditions given the extensive gaffing of the deck, however, in the context of a 'formal' close-up show it's a strong effect.
Bruce Cervon's 'Dirty Deal'! ;)
Color Monte has never let me down. I get requested to do this one routine all the time.
I like Switchback. Four cards are used, each one turns over, the backs change colour to blue (from red) and then all the backs completely change to a different design. Not too sure who invented it, anyone know? In terms of a gimmicked deck, the invisible deck takes some beating in my mind.
I have an effect posted in this months
"Visions" called "Switcheroo".
It is a play on "The last trick of Dr. Jacob Daley" except the cards change place one at a time and are visually shown in your hand before they change places on the table.

Here's the link and LMK what you think.
http://www.online-visions.com/effects/0210switcheroo.html

Jeff
Hey Leeo, don't you save your trick instructions? The originator is probably mentioned there. I think we should know the names of the people who's material is doing us good service.

The effect description could match various marketed packet effects, but would be interested to know who Switchback is credited to and if there is a copyright date on the instructions.

Difficult to name a favourite effect, but the double faced card seems to me to be the most versatile gimmicked card, I use one in The Duplicator Button effect in Son of Totat but also have done the effect without the gaff.

Best wishes,
Paul.
I've always like Paul Harris' Solid Deception. Don't know why but just something about throwing that solid chunk of deck out there and hitting the table with a thud that makes me all warm and cozy inside.

Scott
I like using a Svengali deck...
Twisted Sisters. :bigdance:
As well as a Svengali deck, I have to agree with yakandjak, Twisted Sisters is very cool.
May favorites...MacDonald Aces (the most requested trick from my clients), Kane's Elongated Lady and an old effect called 5 Card Stunner that was taught to me by Frank Garcia many years ago.
Double back red/blue for grandpa's con.
My vote goes to 'Twisted Sisters'
My favourite trick with gimmicks is Monkey in the Middle. A very strong mention for the Quartet gimmick distributed by Guy Hollingworth. Comes with a book of ten routines with crystal clear instructions/photos.
My long time favorite gimmicked card trick is one that I call "Witnesses." I've been doing it for about 15 years and have never seen anyone else do it. Unfortunately, I no longer have any idea who originated it, what it was originally called or where I got it. I do know that it is in print somewhere.

The effect is that each of two spectators is asked to select and remember one card from a face up deck. The deck is then turned face down and one of the spectators slides out any card. The face down card is placed between the original face up cards and each spectator, seperately, is given a peek at it.
When the spectators are asked to simultanueously call the name of the odd card, each names a different card and when the card is turned face up it is neither of the cards named. The handling is very clean, there are no sleights as such and only three cards are used.

The gimmick is a pasted up double-facer with one side diagonally split to show two different cards. The experienced magician should be able to work out the routine from this information. I very much doubt that any unqualified "secret seekers" will be able to.
My current favourite effect using gimmicked or heavily altered cards that is not my own creation is Anniversary Waltz. Is there a better trick for a bride and groom?

I hope to have a review of my favourite trick reviewed here soon so I won't say anything about it yet.

Jon
Walt Maddison's Exodus has given me many years of good service and has a good reaction from lay audiences.
[quote]
On 2002-02-03 20:09, Jon Allen wrote:
My current favourite effect using gimmicked or heavily altered cards that is not my own creation is Anniversary Waltz. Is there a better trick for a bride and groom?
[/quote]

Not that I've found. It's perfect for everything from wedding receptions or just the starry-eyed couple in the back booth at the local eatery.
hmmm. I'm gonna have to say double faced cards and double backed cards...red/blue combos are crazy to fool around with.
I really like MacDonald Aces. That one is really tough to top.
my favorite tricks with gimmicked cards would have to be:
Bruce Cervons, Dirty Deal & Paul Hallas, Monster Mash.
Both have a lot of changes going on, and both lend themselves to excellent patter stories.
All the best
alex
OK Here's my 2 cents

As far as gaffed cards - Anniversery Waltz and Twisted Sisters although I get a lot of mileage out of NFW as well.

Trick decks: ID.

I also like Doc Eason's Impossible Opener and would put it in the trick deck category.
:wavey:
Mine has to be rainbow cascade,

But as a joking party piece I love doing tipsy cards,

:D

Fon
You can see a performance video of my favourite packet trick ever, called 'Double Back', at:
http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com
in their new items section.

It is one of the strongest packet tricks you can do. I do it all the time!

Regards,

Jon
Invisible Deck. Usually my opener.

Twilight angels, Absolute Killer. Available from A1 multimedia.

Cardtoon. Loads of Laughs, killer ending.

Colour Monte. I never leave home without it.

Cheers

Andy
Twisted Sisters is also one of my favorite
with also ESPescially WILD (Paul HALLAS)
Further to my post about Switchback being one of my favourites, credit goes to Walt Maddison. Can anybody tell me anything about him?

Thanks.
After all these years, I still have to go with MacDonald's Aces. It's a hard one to top. Micro Macro can be pretty mind-boggling when properly done.

Jim
[quote]
On 2002-02-15 20:39, Jon Allen wrote:
You can see a performance video of my favourite packet trick ever, called 'Double Back', at:

Regards,

Jon
[/quote]

Jon,
I checked out the video and I was very impressed with the Double Back trick. It caught me by surprise. I perform "Dr. Daley's Last Trick" all the time and this is by far the best version of the trick because you actually show them the cards that you are holding! Very clever indeed. I will buy this trick as soon as I have some extra cash just because I think it is very clever. :dance:
These are 3 of my daily travelling companions:
Colour Monte
B'Wave
Princess Card

-Marduke
Invisible Deck has got to be one of the most
straight forward effects you can perform with a gaffed deck and causes some amazing reactions.
I am also a big fan of John Bannen's Strangers Gallery.
Jon and Cardguy -
I've only seen the demo that was on Murphys site - but this looks like an absolutely brilliant version of DDLT -
I like the plot also - it takes the heat off your hands :)
a real 'gotcha'! Well done for finding this!!
I've just got to convince my dealer to get some now :)

C.

[quote]
On 2002-02-19 01:10, cardguy wrote:
[quote]

Regards,

Jon
[/quote]

Jon,
I checked out the video and I was very impressed with the Double Back trick. It caught me by surprise. I perform "Dr.Daley's Last Trick" all the time and this is by far the best version of the trick because you actually show them the cards that you are holding! Very clever indeed. I will buy this trick as soon as I have some extra cash just because I think it is very clever. :dance:
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2002-02-19 22:10, craig fothers wrote:
Jon and Cardguy -
I've only seen the demo that was on Murphys site - but this looks like an absolutely brilliant version of DDLT -
I like the plot also - it takes the heat off your hands :)
a real 'gotcha'! Well done for finding this!!
I've just got to convince my dealer to get some now :)

C.

Craig,
Just show your dealer the demo and he'll order them in a heartbeat. :dance:
Does Daryl's Ultimate Ambition gimmick count as a trick deck? That's a very strong ending to an Amitious Card routine.
I love Michael Skinners Three Card Monte.
I use MacDonald's Aces, with a bit of a different presentation, and the same goes for the Invisible deck.
[quote]
On 2002-03-01 19:24, maurile wrote:
Does Daryl's Ultimate Ambition gimmick count as a trick deck? That's a very strong ending to an Amitious Card routine.
[/quote]

Yes it does and yes it is.
I really like:

Tommy Wonder's variation of "Ultimate Rip-off"
Bro. John Hamman's "Final Aces"
"Card Warp"
I am voting with the majority on this one. I always carry Twisted Sisters, Color Monte and MacDonald's Aces.
I will add another favorite to the list: Hollow. The gaff is so well made that it blows away the specs every time.
Although I don't yet have it, I am told that Twilight Angels is a reputation maker.
What is the effect of "Hollow?"
Hollow is the effect where you punch a hole in a selected and signed card, then the hole visibly moves to three different places on the card. The hole then jumps to another indifferent card, leaving the signed card whole again and is fully examinable.
I'm probably a little late getting into this conversation, but I'm very enamored with Bob Farmer's 'Mutanz'.... In this effect, the spectator ends-up with the gaffed cards much like 'Anniversary Walt'. It's a very nice twist for a change.

Here's a few others that you want to add to your list....

Bizarre Shrink- Paul Harris
Crossed Thought- (?) Can't remember
Gypsy Monte- R.Paul Wilson
Jumping Gemini- Darwin Ortiz
Stranger's Gallery- John Bannon

Enjoy.

- Jared
You might like my totally Jazzed. A cool handling for jazz aces where all 8 cards go blank at the end.

David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
My favorite gaffed effects are from my great friend and mentor... Don England. His gaffed effects are secret weapons! I use "optical shrink" which is a shrinking deck routine. I really love to use his "gieger counter card" to make a card appear just about anywhere you can think of and leaves the crowd utterly baffled. Finally, his "ultimate collectors" routine will destroy laymen and magicians alike. I could go on and on... I highly recommend you buy his books "gaffed to the hilt" and "paradox!" you will flip when you see how diabolical his ideas are!! :wow: :wow:
I agree with many already listed (by the way, Crossed Thought is by Darryl)

As for some that nobody has mentioned yet, how about the old tried and true three and a half of spades. It kills!!

I also get a lot of mileage out of "Now Look Here."

Blizzard is also a killer.

As for packet tricks, I've been doing Sympathetic Aces for 25 years -- and it's stood the test of time.
Dark Card, with Bob Farmer's handling is a killer. It basically accomplishes the paradox of Sankey's "Paperclipped!" with a method that doesn't take 10 years to perfect. Closer to 10 minutes. Everything's examinable.

And, of course we don't like to admit it, but I think I can objectively say, no single trick has more flooring power than "Invisible Deck." If there is a single gimmicked trick that even comes close, not including variations like "Brainwave", please tell me. I'd love to know.
I combined Paul Wilsons effect Ricochet, with my twist, then the final kicker is when they think the cards are double facers, I turn them over to reveal an eye chart on the backs, then I show that the cards faces vanish, showing the cards I am holding have eye charts on both sides. My audiences give me the reaction I am looking for. :wow: I combined Danny Archers with Ricochet, with NFW, and my twist to create this tripple change It plays well, :heehee: :bikes:
I like the stripper deck, and have become very good at them. I make my own decks now, and the tapering on them is so slight, that I think someone who knew how the trick works, would have a hard time doing it, without A LOT of practice.
Nick,
I must buy a deck off you.

Jeb (Sable)
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I have to agree with M.P.D that Don England's effects are great. Anytime I want to really blow someone away with things that really are impossible, I look to his work. And I am never let down.
"Crystal Ball" by Richard Raven is my current fav. An "Invisible" Crystal ball finds the selected card and then an actual crystal ball falls out of the card. Almost always gets a scream.
Another one I'd like to mention is the Anything Deck by Paul Harris. Lot of work involved but well worth it.
My problem is I have too many favorites
B-Wave... Colour Monte... Twisted Sisters
Skinners 3 card monte... NFW... D Archers eye exam and what about "Aces In Their Faces" an outstanding Ace assembly. Sorry can't pick just one .....Mark... :bigsmile:
I like Daryls "presto printo" at all and of course (add to the list) "ulitmate ambitious". Also "Lipstick" :kisses: is always an amusing stunner for lay audience..
Martin
I like richochet, Jim Paces web trick, nfw, and color monte. They are easy and fun to do. Mental photography deck is fun as well. :fruity: :whatthe: :dizzy:
I'm glad someone else mentioned it, but The Invisible Deck is a great gimmicked deck. More people seem to want to know the secret than just about anything else I do. It's just impossible, and it can be repeated, which puts it ahead of a lot of others.

For variety of effects, of course, there's always the Svengali...
My Favorite has always been "The Castillon Connection" which is an incredible two card connection held at the finish in one hand and the people can really "see" that the cards are linked.

This fine piece of magic can be found in "The Lost Pages Of The Kabbala".

Look it up, you won't regret it.
Gimmicked? How about a marked deck, Or the Al Koran deck.
A double backer to do no-palm card to wallet. Invisible deck for its devastation capacity with such simplicity. Card Warp because you make a tricky card out of a regular one then proceed to destroy their minds with it.
First, there was some mention of Anniversary Waltz earlier in the thread. The original effect, Forgery, developed by Wesley James, is a far stronger effect and does not involve the exposure of a gaffed card, even if the gaff is "created by magic". As far as a favorite gaffed effect, the only one I use extensively is Danny Archers Grandpa's Deck, and a close second is Wesley James' Two-Way Stretch. As far as a favorite packet trick, the Ambitious Classic is a great effect and is definitely one of my most performed.
I really liked David Regal's "Triple Vision" from his recent tape set. I'm planning on making up the gaffs soon, and I'm looking forward to trying it. It's really an amazing effect.

Generally, though, I prefer to avoid using gaffed decks, so that I can continue to do other tricks without having to worry about switching in a normal deck. Everything has its place, though -- and certainly, gaffs make possible some of the most impressive magic of all.
Invisible Deck, Skinner's Ultimate Monte, McDonalds Aces are my all time favorites followed by Now Look Here, B'wave and Eye Exam.
I like the O'Aronson Aces routine from Simon Aronsons 'Try The Impossible'.
Daryls Crossed Thought and of course ID
The Quartet by Guy Hollingworth is by far my favorite gaffed card, because it can be applied to many card routines, simplifying their handlings. I use the Quartet as often as I can, and I enjoy the surprise endings it provides for Twisting the Aces as well as Guy Hollingworth's own routines. It's definitely a worthy buy for any card man out there.

Below are a few other gaffs I feel are worth looking into as well:

Cosmosis - Ben Harris
Hover Card - Dan Harlan
UltiMonte
Cigarette Thru Card
Cardtoon
Mental Photography
Invisible Deck

RT
Color Monte is a great trick but you folks think it is gimmicked?

My Favorite Gimmicked card trick would have to be Done With Mirrors. However, I have found that this effect is not widely known?

The 4 court cards turn over one at a time .. one turning face up, one turning face down. Then at the end they all change to mirrors and then back to the four court cards.

I get a good response from this trick.

Enigma :question:
Hello There Enigma!!

You are very right, in saying that 'Color Monte' is a great effect... IT IS!! One thing I didn't like about it, is the fact that it is a 'Packet Effect', with cards, that, well, look 'gimmicky'.

I stopped performing 'Color Monte' with the cards that come with the effect, and I now use three cards from a regular deck (Joker, Ace of Diamonds, and the surprise card-usually a black jack). I seem to get a better reaction from the audience, by using cards from a regular deck.

The audience of course, sees that I use the two Jokers, and the Ace of Diamonds.

This has now become my '3-Card Monte' routine, which it has been for quite some time now.

'Done With Mirrors' is, to say the least... A VERY POWERFUL WALK-AROUND CARD EFFECT.

My favorite 'Gimmicked' card effect is Michael Skinner's ULTIMATE 3-CARD MONTE. I save this for very special guests/occasions.

Play around with doing 'Color Monte' with regular cards, and see what you think.

- - Troy
Vernon's 7-card Monte, Eugene Burger's "Ob-Ser-Vo", Svengali deck.

BTW don't flame me but Daryl's Ultimate Monte has a lot of excellent ideas.

Regards,
Tony
[quote]
On 2002-03-05 18:23, Jared wrote: I'm very enamored with Bob Farmer's 'Mutanz'
[/quote]

This trick is reviewed in the current issue of Genii. Thanks to the details given by the reviewer, anyone should be able to figure out the handling. That is to say, you don't need to buy the trick, but can simply work it out from reading the review.

The gimmicks used are common ones, that everyone already has - nothing new there. If I was Bob Farmer, I might be a little upset with this. Not that it's a negative review - it's not. It just tips a lot of information about the workings of the effect.

From the consumer point of view however, I see this as a good thing. I was very interested in this trick, based on the initial buzz surrounding it. I could only imagine what weird and bizzare creatures these four queens "mutated" into.

I was certainly intrigued! When I found out what it was they actually change into-well, I knew the trick was not for me.

I don't like the idea of letting the spectators handle the gaffed cards. In the right context (Anniversary Waltz being a good example), I think it's ok, but in the context of this particular trick, it just doesn't sit well with me. But to each his own.

Now, getting back to the original topic (favorite gaffed card trick). My vote goes to Derek Dingle's "We'll Twist" - a nice twisting routine, with a color change kicker. Very strong! Typical Dingle.
Invisible Deck, Twisted Sisters, Don't know if this counts, but invisible nickles, A couple of custom decks I have made.... The list goes on and on
Most magically yours,
WR :magicrabbit:

And Daryl's *****tered and an effect by Sankey where the pips are printed in the back on the card... Forgot the name.
Most magically yours,
WR :kermit:
NFW, Bicycle built for 5 & Colour Monte gets my vote!
Don England's "Ultimate Collectors"

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
Invisible Deck is the only one I still use. :D
My vote goes for B-Wave. It`s almost unfair how something that powerful can be so easy to do. I have come up with a presentation, which includes "special glasses" :realnerdy: and a lot of interaction between me and my audience. People seem to enjoy it.

Best Wishes
Risto
[quote]
On 2002-02-04 20:00, Mark Ennis wrote:
I really like MacDonald Aces. That one is really tough to top.
[/quote]

I agree, at the conclusion you can lead into several 4 ace routines taking the heat of the gaffs (now hidden with other cards not being used).
Mu favorite Packet trick is NFW it is a nice walk around trick, and very magical.

:dancing: :dancing:
So many great ones out there, but here are my favorites:
Card Warp - examinable
Screwed Deck (Paul Harris) - examinable
Invisible Deck - No possible explanation
Twisted Sisters - Great
Vanished & Gone - Elmwood Magic exclusive
NFW - Great packet effect!
:rolleyes: :cool: :eek:
i use micheal skinners 3 card monte and club sandwitch

Niels
I like using the invisible deck for Steve Bedwells Pot Noodle Trick. Also zapped is one of my favorite tricks with gimmicked cards.
A double-backed card in an "Ambitous Card" routine can be used to good advantage; it's not really a "gaffed card" effect, but you can throw people off with it.
[quote]
On 2002-11-17 13:53, shawlie wrote:
A double-backed card in an "Ambitous Card" routine can be used to good advantage; it's not really a "gaffed card" effect, but you can throw people off with it.
[/quote]It did fool Houdini after all! :)
Go for the Stripper Deck
I'm going to have to go with Twisted Sisters, though there is another one, I forget what it's called. But it has 20 cards with different backs, 3 prediction cards. Spectator tells you when to stop, you mark the deck with the prediction cards and what do you know? The three prediction cards are the only ones that match where the spectator picked, with them being the only cards in the deck that have the same back. and the rest of the deck is all the same.

simple, elegant, beautiful and now a staple of my traveling show.
NFW, Twisted Sisters and I love the old "electric deck"
[quote]
On 2002-01-31 06:33, Doug Byrd wrote:
Color Monte has never let me down. I get requested to do this one routine all the time.
[/quote]

COLOUR MONTE IS UNGIMMICKED.
I use a Brainwave deck (only for laymen, of course).

- Richard
NFW has always been good to me. I always get a good reaction and leave people saying NFW!
A trick that I think is really under_rated is Dan Harlen's Hold it, buddy!(A close-up version of his trick called Hold it, Buster!) I've been performing that trick for several years now, and it never fails to blow people away. I've added a few subtleties
and a clean up phase where I can hand the cards as soon as the effect is finished. It's not uncommon for me to get a better reaction from this trick then Twisted Sisters(which is probably the best packet trick ever.)

My $.02,

Curtis C. McClain
Look up Back to Back - it's a current commercial release - It's Good!!!

MikeM :bikes: :bikes:
I love Wild card effects They are great.

MAGO68
Invisible Deck--nuff said!
Kick Back--just got it and its a killer!
Fried Thrice--really nice!

:pirate:
Has to be Skinner's Three Card Monte! :yippee:
The best gimmicked card trick is Duzzit Card. It just can't be beat!!!! :subtrunk: :subtrunk: :subtrunk:
An old one which has been much overlooked I think is Wagner's 'Factory Misprints.' If you don't know it, it's worth looking at, just for the experience. :coffee:

Invisible deck takes some beating!

Hey I just thought of that!
Love the mental photography. So much fun to do. Get the best reaction out of invisible deck. I just got NFW, got to work on the "count" a bit first.
My vote would have to be for Quartet by Guy Hollingworth. Waving the Aces is one of my favorite tricks and this adds so much to the effect.

Tilt
My top 3 are:

LJ's Close-up Illusion

Harris' Twilight Angels

Ouelett's A Dream of Aces (MacDonald Aces)
B'Wave, Shinkansen, Temptation, and Wild Card are my favorites. :devilish:
I like "Invisible Pack and Pen" from Jon Tremaine's video "Close-Up Mental Act". The gimmicked card can just stay in my pocket while I do a few effects, then I palm it into my hand. Specs love it and they can't figure it out!
Wow that is a tough question. I see it has received many responses. I am going to have to say that my favorite gimmicked card effects would be Solid Deception, Twisted Sisters and McDonald's Aces. I get the most incredible reactions when I perform them.

MagicDiva :magicrabbit:
I like the intercessor. Strong.....
My favorite is Michael Skinner's Ultimate 3-card Monte. I carry it in a packet with Color Monte and Twisted Sisters.
Hi:

- Wild Cards

- Invisible Deck

- Card Linking

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero :bikes:
I haven't found this one yet in this thread, but Final Twist (Hamman) is pretty strong stuff...
Deep Astonishment!

(deeply disturbing, done right...)
I love to perform "Ricochet" along with the "switch-a-roo" gimmick in my shirt pocket. That way I can effortessly switch in normal cards after the effect. You can just as easily use this for NFW as well.

Dave
As Far as true 'gimmicked' cards are concerned:

Top 3
-Hollow
-Eye Exam
-Intercessor

-my $.02

Jlareau
:bluebikes:
Mine would be Twisted Sisters, Macdonald Aces and Mike Skinner's Three Card Monte.
:bluebikes: :bikes:
I still think NFW rules. There are so many differing views about this trick, but you can't say that with a proper presentation it doesn't kill. It is very strong, just use it right.
I choose B-wave and MacDonald Aces
I don't do a lot of card magic, but I'd have to say my favs are MacDonald's Four Aces and the Invisible Deck. Both never fail to get a reaction.

Oh, I just remembered another, I think it was called The Holey Terror. A friend showed it to me a few years ago and I was quite impressed.

Liquid B
:xmas:
I have to agree with CardGuy, ever since the first time I had seen this trick and actually learned it... It is on the top of the list of "setup" tricks.
Along with easy to do/great reaction tricks, the Brain Wave deck is always on the top with that one.
John Bannon's Tattoo You. My hair hurt after seeing that.
Awful lot of great tricks listed so I thought I'd mention 2 I'm having great fun with but I didn't see listed. This That and The Other and Duvivier's Chameleon Cards.
I think that its safe to say that there are many different favorites, I really like John Allen's "Double Back".Also Some of the ones i seen on this thread posted a thousand times.

Brandon
The dark card is also pretty cool.

Florian R
Skinners Three Card Monte gets my vote, too.

Enigma mentioned "Done With Mirrors" and sure enough, very few people seem to do it. I purchased mine from Ron London but ended up making my own set where the mirror fills the complete area of the card. It's very visual and I tell people with complete seriousness that their thoughts just reflect off of the mirrors and that's why they see the cards face up and face down, depending on whichever I've convinced them to believe. ;-)
Of course they know that I must be kidding but it's fun to see some folks at least wonder for a second or two...

UJ
My current fave is club sandwich. Although simple, I always get great reactions from the specs.

Paul K. :bluebikes:
Brother John Hamman's Final Aces, killer ace assembly. Fooled Le Paul.

Whitini
I enjoy performing 6 card monte,
"Amazo" (a 3 card monte effect, that I always have with me) and,
B'Wave.
Invisible deck has already been mentioned several times... although I have added, inside the card box, a 52 in 1 card that I pull out at the outset of the routine and have a spec "guess" which card I have chosen. I play that up a little before showing it, get a laugh or 2 and then motion to the closed deck on the table and do my Inv. deck routine but matching the card previously guessed at with the one I show was face down in the deck.

I also have gotten really good reactions with the screwed deck at my last few shows.

GlenD
I would say B-Wave, Wild Card & Jackpot Cards.

Max
Twilight Angels by Paul Harris. I have found it to be one of the strongest effects you can perform for a lady.
My choice on this continues to evolve over time. What began as myfavorite and also an audience favorite started with color monte in the late 70's and presently is Aaron Fisher's Bicycle Thief and Bob King's Progessive Ace Routine.
I'm having huge fun with "double back" at the moment. And all time respect is due for "twisted sisters".
I like club sandwich as well. The look on the specs face when it happens is just great.

Hollow is a great trick to. It's fun to perform, but I get a better reaction from club sandwich.
As it would be hard to really add anything to this discussion, I would like to thank everyone for their advice. I am working on the Elmsley for Twisted Sisters and the MP for Color Monte at the moment. I hope to perform them for the first time this week. I'm looking forward to the reactions these will get.

As a stone beginner, Skinner's Ultimat 3-Card Monte can't be beat. It's effective and very easy to perform.

Thanks! :stout:
Darren, even if you were a "stone expert," Skinner's Ultimate 3-Card Monte couldn't be beat. Don't think that just because something's relatively easy, that means there's something better. Do whatever it takes to accomplish the best effect, whether that requires difficult sleight of hand, gimmicks, or both.
My favorite gimmicked card trick is fools monte, not your typical monte, but a great trick that never fails to wow the audience.

Vinnie
:bikes: :bluebikes:
I like cardicians dream and the flipper card.
The rising deck is my fav. gimmicked deck.
DA
Second Blush from "Card Craft" (variant of Kane's Blushing Joker)

Wild Hand (in hand Wild Card from Bob Miller)

Card Warp

Aces Forward (Gymnastic Aces)
Mindpower Deck
Brainwave
Twisted Sisters
Skinner's Ultimate 3-Card Monte and Aniversary Waltz.

Steve
The Brainwave :bluebikes:
Club Sandwich is great. :cool:
[quote]
On 2002-12-20 10:15, Larry D. wrote:
Darren, even if you were a "stone expert," Skinner's Ultimate 3-Card Monte couldn't be beat. Don't think that just because something's relatively easy, that means there's something better. Do whatever it takes to accomplish the best effect, whether that requires difficult sleight of hand, gimmicks, or both.

AMEN TO LARRY D.A GOOD POST!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: :cucumber: :pepper: :coolspot:
[quote]
On 2003-01-01 18:03, trevorsmagic wrote:
[quote]
On 2002-12-20 10:15, Larry D. wrote:

AMEN TO LARRY D.A GOOD POST!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: :cucumber: :pepper: :coolspot:
[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words.
Without a doubt, Jon Allens, "Double Back" is my favorite trick and I might add, in my opinion, it is the best small packet effect of 2002.
It incorperates a gimmick with some slight of hand.
vinny
Definitely Twisted Sisters, NFW!, and Paramount. The last one is Aldo Columbini's I learned from Ammar. It's never failed to drop a jaw seeing the paintbrush change with it.
Without a doubt "B" Wave. It's easy and always ready to go. Unfortunately I see too many people rush through "B" Wave as if it was just another "trick". Folks, this is pure magic.

Charles Spector :stout:
NFW and Invisible deck.
So much is possible with an Invisible deck.
Great respones from NFW.
Call of the Wild by John Bannon has got to be one of the most underrated packet tricks released on the market. I have no idea why. The effect is very strong, the plot extremely engaging, and the suggested patter make for a very commercial effect. It resets too! Ed
I like giobbi's impossible predicion from his lecture DVD using double facer:)

regds
Jonathan
One of my favourite packet tricks is something my wife picked up for me many years ago at my fmd called "Vampire". I have never seen this trick mentioned, maybe because I'm the only person who likes it(?)or it is old and really really inexpensive. It is one of the few card tricks that seems to go over well for me with kids, mainly because I think you can wrap a pretty neat story line around it. The effect is that you display 3 heart cards and 1 court card (mine is the Queen of Clubs). I explain that the Queen is a vampire card. One by one the vampire card turns the heart cards blank, which are tabled. I tell a slightly horrific story about 3 little kids and a vampire who sneaks in to their bedrooms when they head off to school. At the end you are left holding the vampire card face down. I then tell the kids that of course none of this is true because there is no such thing as vampires and turn over the vampire card, revealing it - blank. (and, by the way, no reports of nightmares yet!)
Brainwave and Twisted Sister, but I get the most requests for CardToon (I).
What is up with you guys? I have read 5 pages of this topic and Jon Allen's Double Back is only mentioned a hand full of times. Double Back is amazing!! Those of you who have just read about it, do me a favour and get it!! when you see the reaction on their faces you will not put this down. Double Back is too cool for school.
NFW and Hover Card.
CardToon. Invisible Deck's good and more versatility than it sometimes gets credit for, but I like CardToon better because it is its own reason for a "deck switch."
I would have to say color fusion, just got it on Monday, or anniversary waltz.
I have a lot of favorites, but I use the Svengali deck the most.Like I said though there are others like the invisible deck, pop-eyed popper, rising deck, haunted deck, stripper deck, clockaudacious, impossible opener, and many others that I favor.
B'Wave :devilish:
I like MacDonald's Four Aces.
It is a classic trick and is not difficult to do.
My favorites are

Skinners 3 card monte
Blizzard (Dean Dill)
Call of the wild (John Bannon)
MacDonald's Four Aces
NFW
MacDonald's Four Aces
Back-Off by Darwin Ortiz
Anniversary Waltz is simply awesome
Finaly, The Ultiumate Progressive Assembly makes full use of gaffs to accomplish the finest version fo The Exclusive Coterie I have ever seen.

Mike Vincent
[quote]
On 2004-05-07 10:55, Michaelvincent wrote:
MacDonald's Four Aces
Back-Off by Darwin Ortiz
Anniversary Waltz is simply awesome
Finaly, The Ultiumate Progressive Assembly makes full use of gaffs to accomplish the finest version fo The Exclusive Coterie I have ever seen.

Mike Vincent

Mike, what is the "ultimate progressive assembly"? I do a progressive assembly by Duvivier and I read about the "ultimate ace assembly" by Oz. Do you mean the Oz trick?
[/quote]
MacDonald's Four Aces and Paul Harris' Twilight Angels. Both are highly visual and just looks impressive.
Cardtoon
Twisted Sisters
Diminshing Returns
Perfect
Bammo
Hole Sensation
Club Sandwich
Wipeout
Deep Astonishment
Color Monte
Skinners 3 card monte
Invisible deck
Blizzard

Just to name a few, I love gimmicked decks that you can do Impossible Eye popping magic with. Being a bartender I will usually bring in my flavor of the week and perform it all week long for people who have never seen it before.
Twisted Sisters, Sknner's 3 card Monte, Color Monte are all top notch packet tricks. Right now my favorite is my new effect "Drop Dead Queens" which you can see a video here.

http://www.members.aol.com/jeffpiercemagic/queens.html

Jeff Pierce
Surprised that it hasn't been mentioned...I say Eugene Burgers Devils Deck. It is similar in effect to the Invisable Deck. The deck can be held by a spectator and casually inspected, both sides can be shown. The cards can be fanned or spread on a table. I like using this trick as it baffles those that are familliar with the Invisible Deck.

When I really want to make an impression, I make up one of these decks with the participants name on it and seal it up as a new deck. If there was real magic, this is as close as you can get in my opinion.

I like the other selections too, but just wanted to share this one.

-P
Just for giggles, I thought I'd count up all the effects that received 4 or more votes:

22 - Twisted Sisters (John Bannon)
21 - Invisible Deck (Eddie Fields? Bob Nelson?)

16 - NFW! (Gary Freed)
15 - MacDonald's Aces (J. N. Hofzinser et al)
14 - Ultimate Three Card Monte (Michael Skinner)
11 - B'wave (Phil Goldstein)

5 - Anniversary Waltz (Doc Eason)
5 - Brainwave Deck (Edward Bagshawe? Ralph W. Hull?)
5 - Cardtoon (Dan Harlan)
5 - Club Sandwich (Andrew Normansell)
5 - Double Back (Jon Allen)
5 - Svengali Deck (Burling Hull)

4 - Card Warp (Roy Walton)
4 - Twilight Angels (Paul Harris)

Color Monte (Jim Temple) received 14 votes, but as various people have commented, it's a packet effect and not a gimmicked card effect.

(Personal note: This was my 52nd post. I [i]had[/i] to make it a "card" post.)
My vote would go for Daryl's "Presto Printo"
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 23, 2004 01:43PM)
I happen to like the wildcard where both the faces and the backs change. It looks like a coin trick. Matt Sedlack mentioned offering a version of the thing sometime soon. The trick has been kept quiet for over twenty years now.
Thanks JT, I'll have to look into that one.
Blizzard
Twisted Sisters
Bammo
Michael Skinners 3 card monte
Invisible deck
Presto Printo

And Double Back
[quote]
On 2004-05-04 14:21, PRINCE wrote:
What is up with you guys? I have read 5 pages of this topic and Jon Allens Double Back is only mentioned a hand full of times. Double Back is amazing!! Those of you who have just read about it, do me a favour and get it!! when you c the reaction on their faces you will not put this down. Double Back is 2 cool 4 school.
[/quote]

WOW, this thread is like two years old, still running strong!
But I have to agree with you PRINCE, Jon Allen`s Double Back is really good, and it`s also very versatile.

Still my favourite is Sam Schwartz` Back Flip, the ultimate Elmsley count kicker after kicker after kicker after....

-e-
NFW
ID
Three-card monte by Skinner
Rising card
Here are my favorites and I'm going to go with some things that maybe no one else has mentioned:

-Holy POD (Dingle/Kaufman)
-Daydream Card (Martin Lewis)
-Shinkansen (Max Maven)
-PsiConRuse (Max Maven)
and one of my favorites,
-Final Aces (Bro John Hamman)

I know that there are more, but this is what I could think of off the top of my head.

Rick
Twisted sisters and invisible deck always get good reaction. Also I like color monte, alhough it is not gimmicked, it uses special cards
Favorite gimmicked effect that I've learned..."Anniversary Waltz" from Doc Eason's videos...but I do where I have kids sign "both" cards and other combos too!!...always gets a STRONG reaction!!

Other FAV...my own "Lincoln Card Fold" with card to impossible location (right now I'm working on it ending up in an Alka-Seltzer packet!!! Great tie-in with working resturaunts!!)...and I combine this with my version of "Deep Astonishment"...this is as STRONG as anything I've ever seen or done...I had a girl in Hawaii jump in a swimming pool with her cloths ON from this combo!!!

I just might release this in the near future...but only my "folded card" method!!
For a single gimmicked card, Hofzinser’s Transparent Color Change is my favorite. Gary Freed’s NFW for a packet trick. And, John Kennedy’s Mindpower deck gets my vote for the gimmicked deck.
Kennedy's Mind Power Deck is cool, but I've never totally agreed with the necessity of have the mis-piped cards. It's a classic case of don't run when your not being chased. The cards can naturally be long out of sight before you read their minds.

Another deck which isn't well known, but I carry it all the time, is Eugene Burger's Devil's Deck (He calls it Thought Sender now). It is awesome! You let the spectator read your mind, then prove he was right.

(Others high on my list are: B'Wave, Color Monte, Skinner's Monte, and MacDonald's Aces)

Could this be the longest running post on the Café???

What's the record?
[quote]
On 2004-06-22 17:29, rtgreen wrote:
Could this be the longest running post on the Café???

What's the record?
[/quote]

No, there are threads that have over 17 pages. :wow:

Shane Wiker
"Bro. John Hamman's Final Twist"
[quote]
On 2004-06-22 18:03, Shane Wiker wrote:

No, there are threads that have over 17 pages. :wow:

Shane Wiker
[/quote]

Wow! I don't think I'll check those out. I need to spend some time with my family :) :)
Double Back by Jon Allen.

My wife, who is my toughest critic, adores this one. I do too.
Blizzard. Alone.

And most importantly: Electric Deck. Gotta love those! :)
DF's for McDonald's Aces
Try Torched & restored from Brent Braun, or Ripped and restored" Yves doummerge.
Both are very good but Ripped and resoted is much more clean and visual.
Here's a new one for the list. Transferred. Something different---a switch between a signed card and bill.

I REALLY wish people would stop posting the same *** things. How can we learn if everyone says the same things? Quit repeating the obvious. Everyone knows MacDonald Aces and Anniversary Waltz belong there.

Oh, how could I forget Harry Anderson's Three-Card Monte! Imagine getting 10 gaffed cards instead of Michael Skinner's one. You can bend the cards and do the torn corner ending. I wish Harry would market this effect again. Maybe if we all get together and ask...

T.A. Waters has some great applications for a double backer.

How about David Regal's trick off the first tape where he deals the spectator's signature to the table!
[quote]
On 2002-02-19 01:10, cardguy wrote:
[quote]

Regards,

Jon
[/quote]

Jon,
I checked out the video and I was very impressed with the Double Back trick. It caught me by surprise. I perform "Dr. Daley's Last Trick" all the time and this is by far the best version of the trick because you actually show them the cards that you are holding! Very clever indeed. I will buy this trick as soon as I have some extra cash just because I think it is very clever. :dance:
[/quote]

This gem is only 9 bucks. Unless you live on the street, it should be easy to pay for.
I like Card Mirage. As far as a clever gimmick goes, this is one of the best. The effect might not be as startling as say a "double back" or "NFW", but the cards themselves are ingenious.

Check it out.

I get strong reactions from Pip Art also. People love the surprise element of the rearranged Pips.
Michael Skinner's Ultimate Monte and Doc Eason's Anniversary Card.
Invisible deck
Holey Terror II
chicago suprise (not a gimmick, but not a full real deck either)
- Monkey in the Middle
- Blizzard
- Color monte
Lubor Fiedler's gaffed card tricks are real foolers -- check out his most recent video. The blue card, the burnt card and the kings that change into tens (Harry Anderson did it on TV with jumbo cards) are all devious gaffed card effects.
I like NFW as its always got me good reactions and Invisible deck is a must!!

Kevin Courtney
:kewl:
Gypsy Curse by Peter Kane but I use the DD handling
It's too hard to choose but here are some of my favourites:
Card toon
Blizzard
Airtight
Twisted Sisters
Invisible deck
Ultimate Ambition
In a flash
Got it covered (if you class it as a card trick)

I would also like to add two effects I forgot. These are mystery box and the intercessor. I lve the intercessor, and if at home the card ends up buried in my garden.
It has to be the invisible deck.

No, mystery box... or Ivisible deck. Both great.
The ones I've see listed in this thread are all great. Let me also recommend Triple Vision and Deja Vu Deck by David Regal (if they haven't already been mentioned).

Regal also has some great tricks using the same basic gimmick as NFW. One is called Mucilagenous Monte from Constant Fooling #2.
All time favorite is Devano Rising Cards.

Gary Plants showed me a preproduction version of Cardtoon at the Salt Lake City IBM convention I think it was. Dan Harlan stayed here at the Hotel de Carlo one night and gave me one but I could never get it to be smooth the way he did it but in his and Gary's hands its great as we all know.

Monkey in The Middle, Mike Skinner's 3 Card Monte, Wild Card. Lots of great effects mentioned in this thread. It's been fun reading through it.

Thanks,

-=tabman
In my opinion if you are going to use a gaff you really have to have a justifiable reason to use one. When I was younger, and had more money to spend (makes me sound all old now), I used to buy all the new packet effects, I have stopped now and evaluate everything before I buy.
The two best gimmicks I have bought are Twisted Sisters (favourite packet effect), and The Intercessor (gimmick).

Twisted Sisters is an exceptionally powerful effect as it appears so clean, and there is little manipulation envolved. There is an active role for the audience member, and it has more than just one climax, with the effect being doubly as powerful.

The Intercessor is possibly one of the most clever gaffs I own. It allows you to make a card with a torner corn off appear in any place you want; be that a block of ice, an orange or tied to your frinds shoe lace (that may take some practice).

These are both excelent effects, and are well worth the money spent.
Owen
Paul gordons muldoon match is a true killer, where you correctly predict three cards. only uses a db.
Blizzard
Card Toon
Twisted Sisters
NFW
and more and more...
Twisted Sisters
Escorial 3 card monte
I love the Double X Deck.
Inv. Deck and NFW get me great reactions but I have to go with color monte for the simple fact that it is completely examinable.
The colour monte, very clean, easy, affective, and you can make some money!!
Color Monte is not gaffed though.My favorite gaffed has to be Blizzard, NFW and Prophecy Pack.
Rennie
Invisible deck,look Bill Malone's performance,it is always a miracle.
And colour monte,always gets good reactions,fuuny to perform.
Id definetely go for the invisible deck!!!! hover card is also cool and muh better then a humming card or sumthin.. mcdonalds aces r also cool

but first place invisible deck definetely!
My favourite is Ultimate 3 Card Monte and Twisted Sisters. Used in the right atmosphere, they can be great!

(3 Card Monte) I've had many a person put their hand on the card they saw me put down as the ace, and then watch it reappear someone else - timeless!
A couple of my favorites are:
Say it again Sam (no relation to the belhop)
by Dick Stoner from Fort wayne Indiana
and face down poker by John Cornelius
mfg by John standridge-dallas

I have had a lot of milage out of these two and always get a great response young and old.
Red See Passover by Simon Aronson. Hands down. One of the most powerful effects I've ever seen and probably the most powerful in my repitoire. If you don't know what it is, buy it and you will FRY spectators.
[quote]
On 2005-01-05 22:26, realorcy wrote:
Invisible deck,look Bill Malone's performance,it is always a miracle.
And colour monte,always gets good reactions,fuuny to perform.
[/quote]

Realorcy,

Does Bill Malone perform ID on one of his videos? If so, which one and what is the name of the effect? thaks for the info.

As far as picking one gimmicked card effect, it would have to be Invisible Deck hands down. Wait a minute, maybe something with a DF or DB might be more practical since you don't have to carry an entire gimmicked deck........Nope!! I've thought about it some more. Gotta be the ID!!

Mike

P.S. Just a minute, howabout............
Andrew Normansell has a new trick 'Trick Cyclist'which uses only two gimmicked cards, easily removable from a regular deck. See http://www.AndrewNormansell.com.
I have to say and I don't think anyone has mentioned this but I havent read all the pages, the effect called diminishing returns. the effect is a deck is shown and spread through to show all the cards are different and the backs are shown then any card is named and then you pull out that card and the rest of the deck shrinks to half its size. you spread the deck on a table and you put the selected card into the spread to show its twice the size. then you close up the spread and spread it again to show all the cards have returned to their origanol size except the selected card which is now half the size the rest of the deck. then you pull out out their card from the spread and it almost visibly grows back to the origanol size.

I think you should check this trick out it is quite stunning.

jalal
I have to say that my new favorite is "Entourage." It's stunning.
1. MacDonald Aces
2. Tattoo You (Bannon's Smokes & Mirors)
3. Stranger's gallery (Bannon's Impossibilia)
4. Just Imagine (Sankey)
5. Draw a Blank (Colombini)
6. Side-Swiped (Simon Aronson Session with Simon vol.1)
There's just to many wonderfull effects out there, I'm limiting my choices to 6
Honestly, right now, my own Signature Swindle.
In addition to Invisible Deck, NFW, Twisted Sister, I also like UltiMonte by Harold Cataquet and Richard Sander's Stickmen4.
Dan Harlan's Red Rover.
My own gaffed card creations. One of which will be available soon at a magic dealer near you...
Invis Deck
Mark Wilson Fantastic 5 with my "5" gaff card (caj deck)
Monti (all versions)

BUT I WONDER????????????????????

Any dealers out there:

what are the best selling gaff tricks?
I use Straw Through Card.
ID and Kids Kards
Out of This World
"Stuck on Daley" by Luke Dancy
Easy to do; you can carry the gaffed card, always in your normal pack, without being spotted; and the climax is getting huge reactions from lay people.
His DVD "Magic For The Eyes" is a nice collection for gaffed effects with cards!

Greetings,
Jerry
Svengali Deck
I agree with Cosmicsecret, "Stuck on Daley" is a great effect by Luke!

But my favourite gimmicked effect is "Ambitious Production"; so clean, it floored me first time I saw it!

One of my best buys of the year was Luke's DVD, taking this concept to another level.
[quote]
On 2006-12-15 22:15, montemagic wrote:
Out of This World
[/quote]

How does this use gimmicked cards? There are some versions that require the cards to be marked, sure, but the same effect can easily be made with a shuffled deck.
The Best Three:

MacDonald Aces
Wild Card
Stranger's gallery
Sorry.. Missed one.. Michael Skinner's Three Card Monte
Mcdonalds Aces
Brainwave deck
Invisible Deck
and much, much more.
I really like doing the Ambitious Card even though it doesn't really need a gaffed deck. But my favorite gaffed deck to work with is probably the Stripper deck because I've learned so many routines with the deck.
[quote]
On 2007-01-10 08:27, The Funny Titan wrote:
I really like doing the Ambitious Card even though it doesn't really need a gaffed deck.
[/quote]

Well, it does if you use Daryl's Ultimate Ambition..(awesome).. :) ..
So far for me:

Invisible Deck

Entourage, by Gordon Bean (and there's a great thread here on presentation ideas at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=176607&forum=109)

Has anyone seen or know where to obtain "Fine Print"? It's a gaffed card pre-printed with the spectator's choice, but on a different card than that picked by spectator?
Sidewalk Shuffle - direct and gets a good reaction from lay audiences especially
Not really into gimmicked effects, but NFW is pretty good for lay people.

Rich
Mmmm lots of stuff here. I like "Strange Travellers" and "Draw a Blank" "Joker's Double Surprise" is good to.
Heres a few:
1. My handling of Tagged
2. Aces in their Faces
3. My handling of NFW
4. Draw a blank
So much good stuff out there that can look like miracles if performed well.
Love Michael Skinner's "Ultimate 3 Card Monte". Load them into a regular deck, remove them as normal cards, then go into the routine.
I love Micro-Macro and Invisible Deck
Forgot to mention Don Alan's "Big Deal". I had a couple of sets made up using a M----t".
I agree with stevescreen Walt Maddisons exodus was the first packet trick I bought
its stood the test of time and never fails to blow them away.Also I love the PHIL deck.
Check out any of the Nick Trost Packet tricks (released again from L&L Magic)
[quote]
On 2007-12-28 10:18, nonvpro wrote:
Love Michael Skinner's "Ultimate 3 Card Monte". Load them into a regular deck, remove them as normal cards, then go into the routine.
[/quote]

I also vote for Skinner's Monte & while you're at it, check out Bill Malone's handling of it. Only 3 cards, but its a mind-blower & easy to do!
I have not read the whole post so I hope I'm not repeating.

David Regal has some great gimmicked deck effects. They are on hid first 3 DVD's. He uses a lot of R&S but some killer effects. For awhile I heavily used one where you claim your deck is 3 cards short and the spec has a pretty free choice of three cards of an opposing back deck. These odd-backers are added to the first deck, whereupon you discover an envelope with the missing 3 cards of the correct back color and 'lo and behold the cards are a match for the spec's. Pretty powerful if you don't mind andling some gimmicked decks.

Kevin
1 mirage deck.
2 Get Sharky
3 invisible deck
4 blank deck
5 blizzard
I'm sure these have been mentioned earlier. These are the ones I keep in my close-up case and actually use:

Wild Card

McDonald's Aces

B'Wave and Twisted Sisters

Skinner's Ultimate Monte

Invisible Deck

Robert
Magnetized Cards
ID
Double Back
Anniversary Waltz
The 3 1/2 of Spades
[quote]On Apr 13, 2015, hofzinser wrote:
Magnetized Cards [/quote]

I forgot about Gary Plant's "Magnetized Cards". That's another really good one.

Robert
Blizzard (with flash switch).
I tend towards effects that only use one DB and/or one DF.

My favorite "DB only" effect? I think that it would have to be Paul Gordon's "[b]Muldoon Match[/b]" (uses only one DB) and, while I usually perform it with a regular deck of cards (and the DB), I prefer to use that single DB with an ESP deck...and as a follow-up to a prior ESP effect.

Mike

P.S.

My favorite "DB with DF" card effect? Gordon Bean's "[b]Los Angeles Open[/b]".

My favorite packet effect using [i]only[/i] DB cards? Its a tie between:

1. Bruce Cervon's "[b]The Black and White Trick[/b]". (I substituted 2 blue DBs, 2 red DBs and 4 Red/Blue DBs for the "no longer easily available (if at all) black and white DBs used by Bruce (and sold with the hardcover version of this effect), and,

2. Ton Onosaka's long OOP "[b]TopSpot[/b]" effect that uses blank DBs cards to which you add two different color Avery Removable stickers (i.e., like red and green, etc.). As you add one colored sticker to one side of a blank card, all the cards now have that sticker on that side. Turn the cards over and add the 2nd colored blank sticker..and, you guessed it..all the cards now have that 2nd colored sticker on that side of each card. Then, openly remove one colored sticker from one card..and all the stickers of that color also disappear from that side. Repeat the process for the other colored sticker (i.e., remove one sticker of the 2nd color) and all stickers of that color also disappear from that side. (Leaving you back where you apparently started with four blank cards.) This is a stunning and very visual effect.
I have been getting a lot of mileage out of
Wild card using 4 cards instead of 9.
Peter Monticups version making a card on the table
jump back to the pack.Kindy like a coins across effect
except with cards.Only sleight is a DL.
Getting GOOD REACTIONS with this too.
Todd
Swiss Pack
Chaos 2
And you can't beat the Ultra Princess card trick.
Todd
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4788 .. nice ...
[quote]On Apr 22, 2015, joseph wrote:
... nice ... [/quote]

If you like this effect...

[youtube]I8gVw7ohOrY[/youtube]

Support a Café member [url=http://www.thecardplant.com/product/the-hofzinser-transparent-card]and buy it here...[/url]

It might cost a few pennies more, but I would bet the quality is much higher!
Hands down the Invisible Deck.
This one: http://youtu.be/0ygs0LZ2FOA
It depends if you are at the table, stand up, etc. But this are my favourites, in no particular order:

McDonald's Aces
Future deck
10 sympathetic card jorg alexander
Seven card monte
[quote]On May 10, 2004, flowJuggler wrote:
Surprised that it hasn't been mentioned...I say Eugene Burgers Devils Deck. It is similar in effect to the Invisable Deck. The deck can be held by a spectator and casually inspected, both sides can be shown. The cards can be fanned or spread on a table. I like using this trick as it baffles those that are familliar with the Invisible Deck.

When I really want to make an impression, I make up one of these decks with the participants name on it and seal it up as a new deck. If there was real magic, this is as close as you can get in my opinion.

I like the other selections too, but just wanted to share this one.

-P [/quote]

I'd like to learn more about Eugene Burgers Devils Deck, can someone help me whit that?
10 sympathetic is very beautiful for a parlor type , I like Entourage for smaller groups
Invisible deck.

if just limited to 1 single gaff deck,

regeneration by blake v
Message: Posted by: Michael Mindreader (Feb 4, 2016 01:35AM)
Prospect. it a packet trick but I love how easy it is
Prospect doesn't get the attention it deserves IMO. I prefer it over Inferno.
Sympathetic 10 is a fantastic stand up effect for a formal show. Simple, yet devastating. Although the set up is rather time consuming.
Sharpie thru card and Spin Doctor are the 2 I probably perform the most using gimmicks.
I love packet tricks, I'm quite fond of ultimate 3 card monte and twisted sisters.
Regeneration is strong. Invisible deck and position impossible.
Capitulating Queens by Jim Swain ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00RknSIMx5E

X-Act by Mike Kirby (not a packet trick but uses gimmicked cards)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apPc0p75SR0
[quote]On Jan 31, 2002, Leeo wrote:
I like Switchback. Four cards are used, each one turns over, the backs change colour to blue (from red) and then all the backs completely change to a different design. Not too sure who invented it, anyone know? In terms of a gimmicked deck, the invisible deck takes some beating in my mind. [/quote]

Yeah I love this effect.. I too lost the instructions, and thus can't credit the creator. I CAN tell you I purchased it in Manchester in 1995, from a magic stall inside a indoor market / bizarre...

I lost my original set ages ago, but replicated it using the Chameleon cards set.
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkly4IMQMzs
(It's so good, after 4 years, it's time to show it again. :) )
Message: Posted by: Open up your mind (May 28, 2020 12:39PM)
5221 by Wayne Fox is great.
Message: Posted by: Open up your mind (May 28, 2020 12:40PM)
And mirage deck.
Message: Posted by: Open up your mind (May 28, 2020 12:41PM)
And Clone by J C Rodarte.