(Close Window)
Topic: Dress with the seasons??
Hey all. I was thinking the other day about what I wear when I perform. I am going to talk to management about possibly dressing more casual when spring and summer approach. I was wondering, how many of you guys change your attire with the seasons? In the spring, do you dress more relaxed? what do you wear?

I work at a red robin, so there aren't a whole lot of nicely dressed people in there. I was thinking about possibly wearing black pants with an untucked 'hawaian' style shirt. I have seen a few videos of magicians dressing in a similae fashion whilst working in a restaurant.

What do you think? Good idea or bad one?

Thanks,
Steve
It depends on your style and that of the restaurant you're at. We don't have any Red Robins in NYC so I wouldn't know about that, but many magicians feel that they should slightly stand out in some way. The restaurant I work at is a Ninja Themed restaurant and so I wear the whole ninja getup and can't do much about it. I would say that as long as you can be recognized as a magician and the restaurant is for it, wear what you like.

~Eddie
I guess the point is what does the weather have to do with it?

As already pointed out the establishment has far more to do with it than weather. I personally would have NEVER guessed a Ninja theme would even exist, let alone be used, but guess what? I learned that it does. So he is right on with the theme. It is not a theme I would pick out but it is Perfect for his environment.
To show up in a nice suit and tie, well that would really look stupid.

Switch to lighter clothes, but your style is your style. Weather is not really a factor.
[quote]
On 2007-02-12 01:02, MajikAbra wrote:
It depends on your style and that of the restaurant you're at. We don't have any Red Robins in NYC so I wouldn't know about that, but many magicians feel that they should slightly stand out in some way. The restaurant I work at is a Ninja Themed restaurant and so I wear the whole ninja getup and can't do much about it. I would say that as long as you can be recognized as a magician and the restaurant is for it, wear what you like.

~Eddie
[/quote]

That just HAS to be a really cool restaurant!
Jim, that occured to me also.
It is, and the only restaurant I know that has at least one magician every single night of the week. It's just a tad on the expensive side, though. http://www.NinjaNewYork.com