(Close Window)
Topic: Have you seen the Transformers movie trailer? Wow!
I thought it was GREAT! Really looking forward to this one!

Spielberg's the producer btw...

:)
Well, I like it...

Oh yeah! I cant wait till July 4th!!! Transform and roll out!
[quote]
On 2007-02-22 04:00, Pakar Ilusi wrote:

I thought it was GREAT! Really looking forward to this one!

Spielberg's the producer btw...

[/quote]Unfortunatley, Michael Bay is the director.
Fortunately to some folks Michael Bay makes a kick ass movie. He's a movie maker that puts the budget on screen rather cater to the Sundance crowd. 'The Island' was full steam terrific stuff.

Great trailers so far...More than meets the eye!
[quote]
On 2007-02-25 01:04, Doug Higley wrote:
Fortunately to some folks Michael Bay makes a kick ass movie. He's a movie maker that puts the budget on screen rather cater to the Sundance crowd. 'The Island' was full steam terrific stuff.

Great trailers so far...More than meets the eye!
[/quote]Doug: I really enjoy and respect your post here on the Café but I have to disagree about Michael Bay's movies and 'The Island'. I'll be honest, I didn't finish 'The Island'.
I liked "The Island".... :)

To each his own...

But his take on Transformers as a realistic piece is great methinks...

Well, as realistic as a bunch of metallic alien robots who shape shift can be, I guess... :)
I'll bet that one robot who can transform into a giant radio is gonna have a great character development arc... Or what about that one that can transform into a ROCK! Will he get the girl robot?

I'm avoiding this one like the plague. Or at least holding out for the long anticipated "Go-Bots Trilogy"
Justin R...appreciate that...to each his own for sure. I happen to like a bombastic approach with all the money showing up on the screen. A good example is POTC Dead Man's Chest...good old producer Jerry Bruckhiemer can be trusted to make it look RICH and keep it moving.

'Two people in a room discussing their boring relationship' type movies drive me nuts and often that type of Director is chosen to step up to the plate and go BIG without a clue. Michael Bay can be counted on to blow stuff up properly which for me is what my dollar is for. :)

Now my friend...you say you didn't last till the end of The Island...hmmmm...think you might have missed something? Maybe you were in a wrong mood. I can't believe I didn't like "Predator" the first time I saw it...now it's one of my favorites. Maybe it was a bit of undigested beef... :)

See the scene in the Island where they are hanging off the building and the huge sign crashes down with them on it...or the awesome hwy chase...extrapolate that kind of action and perfection in FX to Transformers and I'm at the box office with a fist full of dollars. Michael Bay works well with Heavy Equipment.
Transformers.......robots in disguise!!! Rock on 80's cartoons!
I loved the first Transformers movie.

The motorcycle robots were cool. And the planet eating robot...
Yeah, sure I can view it ... all the while thinking "all the darned money I spent buying those crappy pieces of plastic, suffering the whining until they got 'em, and now they're lying at the bottom of a forgotten toy box."
Pull 'em out. They could be worth something.
I wish I still had my collection. Of course I played with mine till they fell apart. There are some parts of my childhood I miss.
Gaddy, watch the trailer first... Those you mention are not in the movie!

And Bumblebee is a Camaro!

Cool!

Optimus Prime is better than the cartoon! IMO..

:online:
[quote]
On 2007-02-26 20:53, tuffnavyrn wrote:
Transformers.......robots in disguise!!! Rock on 80's cartoons!
[/quote]

Yeah, but where's the "Thundercats" film?

[quote]
On 2007-02-27 11:52, Doug Higley wrote:
Pull 'em out. They could be worth something.
[/quote]

Pretty much only if they're in the packaging. My kid buys "vintage" action figures (GI Joe and/or Action Man) and generally the ones out of the packages go for less than $5.00. (Maybe $10-$15 if it's something <really> rare.)
What about Go Bots rememebr those crappy toys? the cartoon was horrible also!

johnny
Go Bots...yeah..rather pathetic attempt to mirror the Bots In Disguise and it had a bot with a voice of a guy with a terminal gas bubble.

Still, it was kinda fun too, pathetically speaking... :)
Doug- It's been so long since I tried to watch 'The Island' I don't remember why I didn't like it. I'll try watching it again. In defence of Michael Bay,I did like the first 'Bad Boys' and 'The Rock'.
Yeah...Bad Boys was fun and there is a GREAT hwy chase and wreak scene in Bad Boy's 2.
All the bad reviews scared me away from Bad Boys 2. I'll watch it because you recommended it, Doug.

I just may turn into a Michael Bay fan yet.
My favorite Michael Bay directorial effort was "Playboy Video Centerfold: Kerri Kendall." It was even better than "Playboy: Sexy Lingerie III."
[quote]
On 2007-03-10 23:05, Marvello wrote:
My favorite Michael Bay directorial effort was "Playboy Video Centerfold: Kerri Kendall." It was even better than "Playboy: Sexy Lingerie III."
[/quote]Do you have to see Playboy: Sexy Lingerie I & II to be able to understand III?
[quote]
On 2007-03-11 00:42, Justin R wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-03-10 23:05, Marvello wrote:
[/quote]Do you have to see Playboy: Sexy Lingerie I & II to be able to understand III?
[/quote]Yes- III answers the unanswered questions from parts I and II
Justin R...not really recommending Bad Boys 2 as a FILM...it's a bit long and kind of wears it self out...but there are elements...a few action scenes that are brilliant. That's what's so neat about DVDs! :)
Doug Higley- Ok, I gotta ask. What did you think about Pearl Harbor? I didn't see it either but I noticed most critics and a lot of viewers seemed to have a blast making fun of it.
I love what they're doing with this Movie...

Even if no one else does...

:online: