(Close Window)
Topic: Prohibition - Most Absurd Thief Ever!
I apologize if I'm not posting this in the right place, but someone just sent me a link that I think every law abiding magician on this forum should check out. Some idiot is using a popular internet site to peddle secrets in the most obnoxious, and frankly ridiculous manner possible.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bks/282841120.html

I love that this moron thinks that anybody will simply send him money, what with him being a perfect internet stranger. Even funnier is the idea that he will send you something FREE in the mail. Not only is he charging for the secret (hence, he's giving nothing for free) but this is obviously not his to give away, free or otherwise.
The video has been removed by the LOSER..err..I mean..USER. Maybe you should contact Craigs List as well? Just a thought.
Ahhh they all try don't they. Maybe I'm just getting old but I think I remembr something called respect. darn whippersnappers I remembered when I used to walk to school in the snow.. up hill both ways... oops wrong story.
enjoy!!
[quote]
On 2007-02-22 18:31, SoCalPro wrote:
The video has been removed by the LOSER..err..I mean..USER. Maybe you should contact Craigs List as well? Just a thought.
[/quote]

I tried contacting the seller directly but it seems that he has not actually left a valid contact number or email. In fact, according to the link that I received and sent along, there doesn't seem to be a way to contact this guy at all! I might have thought this was all a joke, but why go through the trouble if you're the scumbag trying to make a quick (and illegal) buck? And why go through the trouble of describing and performing an effect that is so high-profile? This is all a little strange. In any event, I'm happy to see that nobody is making money from this scam.
Did you contact Craigs List?
I flagged it

5 times
I just PM'ed Charlie Justice.

He should know about this.

Some people really have BALLS. Crikey, he didn't even TRY to disguise it. Sad.

Doug
I sure do appreciate all the 'eyes' out there looking out for things like this and on a personal note looking out for me. Thanks guys!

peace, charlie