(Close Window)
Topic: escaping from normal handcuffs.. newbie
Hi I bought a pair of handcuffs and I was wondering how to get out of them. I have read that if you hit them against something hard they will open. Is this true and if so where to hit, ect..
That I don't know. What I do for fun, though, is I take a paper clip and try to pick it. I haven't had enough time to become quick with it, but still kind of neat to open it that way.
Dear Browndini, the hitting method you suggest works with only a few older style cuffs. What brand or type of handcuff do you have? If it is modern, you can do as Bretigan suggests, bend your paperclip to resemble the bit of the key and try to pick the lock, turning the clip in the same directs as the key would turn.

Ian
For basic escape info, pm x-treem and he's got a new manuscript, it teaches basics that every magi should know.
If you're doing it for performance, I'd get a gimmicked set. It puts a lot of the control back in your court.

Troy Roark
The HMTK from the Cannon's also has a lot of good information in it.

Margarette
Browndini the fastest way with real cuffs is to use a flat hair pin and push it into the small opening where the rachets enter.