(Close Window)
Topic: "Great Scott's Ring & Rope Routine"
Scott got a 10 out of 10 on all points at the on-line visions site. Congrats!!!

I will be picking it up soon. Does anyone have it yet?

Sounds like the killer material I have been looking for.
I ordered the props from Scott yesterday, but I have already read the manuscript...

It reads wonderfully well and seems like something really fun and small that you can nearly always have with you.

I can't wait to try it out!
Check the review section of the Café.
Where can I order the props for Scotts routine? :patty:
You can order them from Scott. Here's the link to his site.
http://www.greatscott-itsmagic.com/
Bernard,
Actually, he doesn't seem to have a "props only" or "routine only" price on his website.

But he will gladly give people a price if they ask him via PM here or via e-mail..
That's right, Flip!

I think what my routine has to offer that some others don't is the way in which it is routined. It seems like there are quite a few out there where you manually thread the ring on the rope and then magically remove it, only to manually replace it on the rope. I don't like that--at all. So my routine has the ring magically come off the rope and then magically penetrate back on--EVERY TIME!

Also, I have devised it to be essentially angle proof, and I left out all the stuff where you have to be a contortionist or mathematician to be able to do it. The routine builds, each phase (IMO) stronger than the last, but it is modular, so you can stop any time or leave out any segments if you're short on time (or the food arrives when performing in a restaurant!).

I think it's a very strong routine--at least it has been for me.
Whilst I love and adore cards, I keenly anticipate adding this routine to what I do as it will add some fun variety... :)

I should be getting the props in a few days(and I will comment on them at that point), but I will say this.

The routine reads wonderfully.

The hand drawn illustrations are exceptionally easy to understand.

There are no "weird" or "knucklebusting moves"

I had read other "Ring and Rope"routines that I didn't like for various reasons.

A thorough reading of Scott's routine got me excited about an effect I had totally discounted in the past. :cucumber: :pepper: :cucumber:
Just a note:

I have recently expanded and updated the instructions for this routine. The instructions are now 8 pages with 39 photos. I went into more detail (both verbally and with illustrations) on a couple of the moves that people were having a bit of trouble learning.

The price with the new instructions remains the same. But if you bought this with the old instructions and would like the new ones, here's what I'll do. Mail me back the old ones and I'll send you (free of charge) a pdf of the new ones. If you prefer, I'll mail you the new instructions, but it will take a bit longer--and I'll pay the postage. Fair enough?

Thanks,
Scott
I have taken Scott up on his offer and will say this.

The new expanded instructions are [b]well worth getting.[/b] Lots of actual photos, improved layout, and expanded text explanations make this wonderful routine even easier to learn.

A word about the props.

They are very attractive and work perfectly with the routine.

The chromed ring looks especially nice and has very professional "solid" feel to it.

This routine gets my [b]very highest recommendation.[/b] :)
Thanks, guys!

Yes, magisher, the routine will be on my DVD. It is performed before a live audience and explained. If you have any trouble learning it from the printed page (and R&R stuff is among the hardest to explain on paper), I think the video will take care of any difficulties you may have--although the moves are not at all intricate.

The DVD is in final edit and I'm supposed to get a proof copy next week. Provided I'm happy with the editing and production (and I have been so far with the re-shoot) it will then go immediately into duplication. So I expect to have it available for sale in late February/early March. I'll make an announcement in the trading forum when it's ready.

Thanks to everyone for your interest and continued support.
What do people think about the toss on move to end?

That's the one whereby the rope's ends are tied together, and then the ring is tossed on, linking onto the rope to finish.

It never really looked all that Magical to me, but am working on a routine and it seems a good way to end, if it obtains strong reactions.

Thank you.
I personally feel that is the single most magical move in the whole routine. That's why I put it at the end.
[quote]
On 2003-10-19 08:11, DMC wrote:
What do people think about the toss on move to end?

That's the one whereby the rope's ends are tied together, and then the ring is tossed on, linking onto the rope to finish.
[/quote]

DMC,

I am very picky. Whenever something does not interest me, I would love to criticize it. I did receive Scott Guinn's dvd with the Ring and Rope rountine this month. I judge it as a fabulous effect. Now I am a magic believer. I would judge the whole routine (plus other tricks on the dvd) with all A's.
Great, just the confidence I need!

The problem I have is that I have researched Ring and Rope routines SO much now and have gone over the moves SO much that actually none of the moves appear "Magical" to me. With this in mind I know I am going to find it difficult to present the routine in a Magical way.
Anyhow - tonight's the night to find out...!
The key is, you have to remember a couple of things. While you have seen all these moves multiple times, the specs haven't. Further, they don't know what you're going to do. As Aldo Colombini always says, "You are the only one who knows!"
Dear Scott,

I just visited your site. Does the DVD with the Bonus effect Rings on Rope come with the props?? Just wondered before I order something where I have to go shoping afterwards to be able to perform it.

Vraagaard
The DVD doesn't come with the props, no. The separate, printed routine does. However, you can do a couple of things. First, you can use virtually any rope or string and a ring or bracelet. Or, you can order just the props at the same time, adding an extra $7.50 for the close up size or $10 for the larger size. I think that the weight of the metal rings facilitates some of the moves, but its not essential, so the choice is yours.
Hmm... I think one of those ninja rings should do just fine.... :bg: oh... and any rope of course.
This is probably my favorite routine on his dvd!
Good job Scott!
Thanks, Mistro.

Alex, yes, a ring from a small linking ring set will work just fine. Get some soft cotton rope and you're set.

FYI, I now have a supplier for a beautiful, seamless Brass ring for the same price as the chromed rings.