(Close Window)
Topic: paper bag briefcase
Does anyone use this? Essentially, it is a grocery bag with a key lock and a suitcase handle. I think it has some funny bits within. Do you have any ideas?

Here are some of my thoughts;

1. Produce the growing pole or pencil from it.
2. Say "I heard it was a rough crowd, so I locked my lunch." then produce some food items that can be used for magic or comedy bits (ie, snake can)

3. Someday I hope to have a leather briefcase like David Copperfield, but until then, I hope this scotch guarded paper bag works.

Do you have any ideas?

thanks,

john
Sounds like this thing has a lot of potential John. Where did you come across it?

There are any number of things you could produce from it. Maybe a crack about how cheap simulated leather looks. Maybe it's a replacement bag the airline gave you for loosing your luggage.

Cheers

:stircoffee:
I have pasted a picture of Notre Dame cathedral on one side of mine.
I apparently spot the picture, comment on it being "a cathedral in Paris" and then, as if a revelation struck me, say:
"This must the the Lunchbag of Notre Dame!"

(It's an old gag that appeared in a Linking Ring Parade years ago; sorry, I can't remember who came up with it.)
How about taping another inside flap, ala Windor's popcorn box and it can become a production bag too. Maybe a flat rabbit, or large coin. Remember bag spelled backwards is gab.

Ooops, better get back into my pumpkin.

AmazingBoz aka Phil :bunny2:
Peter,

I believe the line was:

It's the lunch sack of Notre Dame.

The phonetics would sound funnier. (IMHO)
Also I think the writer (unknown to me as well-does anyone have the Linking Ring on C/D Rom???) suggested swinging the sack
slowly in a horizontal direction.

Harris
Is this bag a marketed item or something you made up yourself? It appears to have lots of potential! :)
It is a marketed item, sold by Hank Lee for about $20.00, It is probably worth purchasing to save yourself the time.

I was thinking of producing a soda pop and the appearing pole, then saying something about needing a drinking straw.

Any other ideas??

j.
How about pulling out a small lunch size sandwich bag with a smaller handle on it and saying something like, "Would ya look at this... I can't believe the wife left her make-up case in here..."

(You could even go so far as to glue a small mirror on the small bag...)

Lyndel
Save a barf bag from the airline and stand it up on the table beside a large grocery bag.

"You can't fool me. I get my money's worth. The people who fly in first class just get a little one."

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
I believe I have seen this in one of the Tarbell books.
It tells how to make it.
It's the new line of Enron Executive luggage, and everything it holds is inflated.
Where can I buy this?! Sounds great!!!
I would call it my Alabama suitcase. :nose:
How about: "When I bought this thing, they told me I had a choice; paper or plastic." ;)
Put on a bumper sticker that says "MY OTHER SUITCASE IS LEATHER".
How about the cliché from the supermarket:

Paper or Plastic?

Then produce a plastic chicken.

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist