(Close Window)
Topic: Rude joke from spectators...
Was doing a ring and rope routine and asked if anyone had a 3 and a half inch chromium plated metal ring in their back pocket, whilst removing mine and a lady said, "That isn't 3 and a half inches --I should know, I'm a midwife."

To which I quickly replied, "Yeah, but how good's your memory, you've been on holiday for a week and a half." risque...rude...

It was funny with the right crowd.

Any thoughts?
Vernon
Sure, it's funny given the right crowd; and you obviously had the right crowd.
I can't imagine anyone taking offense at that line (although, no doubt, someone will!).

But it's a perfect example of your thinking on your feet and making the most of an opportunity handed you by a member of the audience. Personally, I think it's a very funny sequence!
Thanks for your thoughts Peter, each situation has a different feel to it and the more you perform the better it or you get at sizing up situations...although mistakes do happen.

Thanks for your input, and also some time back on the bandana...effect.
Vernon
I think Peter is right, Vernon. I think it was the right line for the right situation. It would be good if we were always that quick with a clever response. Good work! Mark.
Nice way to turn that around. Sounds like someone is pretty witty, good work dude.
Well, there is one thing that comes to mind. My dad told me that women are bad judges of measurement because their men always tell them 3 inches is a foot. :firedevil:
Very good way to deal with that...congratulations vernon!
3 1/2 inches, whatever that is to you...
I used to use the bounce no bounce balls as a sexiness detector... I would bounce a ball and say that the higher it bounces the sexier you are... and when I bounce it it bounces up as high as high as my head... at which point someone in the audience shouted out... "Does that make you a dickhead?"

It got a good laugh and for certain venues it gave me an additional line.