(Close Window)
Topic: Off With His Head
Title:Off With His Head by David Regal
Medium: Card Trick
Arena: close up
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

David Regal releases material that ranges from good to great. This falls into the good category. Based on A Parade of Kings, the same trick the B’Wave trick is based on, Mr. Regal gives us a pretty creative and unusual card routine. It is a trick that the spectators like and the ending is a gotcha. B’Wave has the mentalist angle working for it and this has the ‘oh )@#$’ angle working for it. The cards are well made, one is gimmicked, and it can be carried with you and done when someone asks to see a trick.

The instructions are very clear and consist of a no sleight handling and variable different ways to hold and handle the cards so all skill levels are covered. The instructions come with beautifully done photos and are just top notch all the way around. If you are a packet trick guy you may want to consider this’n. It isn’t rocket science it is a magic trick and since I enjoyed the B’Wave effect, and its cousins, I figured I’d like this and I did. Regal is evil by the way, don’t let the great humor and elfish good looks fool you, only evil people think of doing this routine with this type of ending. Bless his heart.
Thanks for calling me evil. To ammend the above, two of the cards are gaffed. That's one of the evil parts.
Yes, thank you, two are but one really is in a strange way, sicko.
Mr Regal, you're one EVIL EVIL man!!!!

Chopping off the King's head. Only YOU could get away with that.

I gotta be gettin me this trick, it looks 1000% AWESOME!!! For real!

Full props to the Regalmeister!!
Yes, Only David could get away with asking if you have ever wanted to kill someone!
Funny thing, I ran across a gaff I made years ago for no reason at all, which was a king with heads removed. Leave it to David Regal to take that idea and create a performance piece out of it.

If there is a short side to this, it is that the king with his head removed can not be handed to the spectator. IT is quite a piece of interest.

The presentation, however, makes up for this. Here you truly have some magic where the interaction between magician and participant is what its all about. Truly a great time for magician and audience alike!!! To this end David has worked in all the details.

A truly wonderful piece to perform!

[David, do you have any of these gimmicks which are not cut? I came up with a very interesting move using these gimmicks and your thinking. Shoot me a PM for more details. I 'd love to hand it off to you.]
If you think about it, there actually is a way to hand out 4 kings, including one that is headless, at the end of the trick. (I don''t think it would be appropriate to give specifics). This may be a case though of the Al Baker dictum (I think it was Al Baker) of not running when not being chased. I just received the trick from RegalMagic (couldn't be more pleased with it!) and am rehearsing it - I bet specs don't ask to look at the headless king (but I'm ready if they do).
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Chicago area
Although I feel it is a bit costly at $20, I just received this effect and absolutely love the effect and the patter to go with it.

Using very little sleight of hand, David explains how to show 4 blueback cards and 4 different SOLID Kings fronts!!! Showing EACH of the fronts is very cleverly accomplished and NOT done with an Elmsley count, but you really see 4 different faces as only 4 cards are used. Showing the fronts and backs pretty fairly doesn't make the spectators reach out and grab them.

Although an old principle.... David has a real winner here with NOT just the different colored back and the twist of the missing heads, but a really nice patter to go with it.