(Close Window)
Topic: Appearing Cages from Hat
Wondering what folks opinion are of these cages?

Stevens: http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1962

Maxello: http://www.maxello.com/index.php?s=0dd0602224b448c3fb9fefa14dfd931b&p=9201&c=52&q=9601

Do they work well? Are they built reliably?

Btw, big difference in prices.
I've never seen these in action but I would be concerned about the difference in price. I can't imagine a cage like this selling for just $29.

Maxello is a Café sponsor, you may want to contact them and ask the question. I deal with Steven's quite often and I can't imagine they have arbitrarily inflated the cost to $150. While they may look the same on the web sites, they may be different products.

Looking at the description on the Stevens site, the dimensions are 5" x 5" x 6" whick seems to indicate the height when collapsed would be about 3". The Maxello site says you can put 3 of these in the hat. Seems like that may not be possible unless the cages were set on their sides and I wouldn't recommend that with a bird inside. Just my opinion here, as I said, I haven't actually seen the cages live.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Starr (Apr 18, 2007 10:50AM)
I'd also be a tad concerned about this statement from Maxello's description:

[quote][i]Product may differ slightly from image shown.[/i][/quote]
I've seen the real cage and I find that it's quite reliable but it does produce some noise. A small parakeet should be safe to be produce.
Jim, since you've seen this, can you comfortably put 3 of them in a top hat as stated on the Maxello site?
@Jim

Do you know if you saw the Maxello or Stevens product?

In addition, after production, do the cages hold their form freely, or must they be hung up?
I've seen a cheap priced square vanishing/appearing (can't recall) bird cage at a magic shop a couple of weeks ago. I asked why was the price so low. He told me because it does not lock.
Hi.....
Our cages looks simialar to the other ones.
We never get complaints and you are free to order 1 psc. for check the quality.

You might refund it and I will cover all the costs incl. shipping it if not works......
@Maxello

Do yours lock in place after they are pulled out of a hat?
I have checked them and they looks good.
Messures are: Closed 4,5 x 4,6 x 2,5 high and when they are produced open messures are:
4,5 x 4,6 x 5,5 high

Yes, they lock in place after they are produced.

Fully garantie on our products.
This is the first magic vendor I've seen offer a money-back guarantee.