(Close Window)
Topic: Roughing fluid
I can't seem to find. Is it available at all ?
Hi Padre,
Type "roughing fluid" into the Café quicksearch box at the upper left corner of this page and you'll be rewarded with more information than you can possibly want on the subject. The two items of choice for me are Testor's Dullcote and Krylon 1311 Matte Finish Spray, both of which are easily found (check hobby shops and paint supply departments).

Best of luck!
And don't use too much!.. :) ..
That's right...a little goes a LONG way.

Mark.
The Krylon is MUCH less expensive than the Testors, and both are likely forumulated as very similar products.
Testors usually comes in small spray bombs, so if you're comparing prices make sure you look at the volume in each can, not just the price.

I consider Testors to be a rip off as far as price is concerned. It's the most expensive matte lacquer spray you can find for sale ANYWHERE. You can purchase high end automotive lacquer finishes for LESS by volume than a can of Testors.
Padre Rich,
Check out the Howdy Duit section in secret sessions. There is a lot of great info, like the roughing fluid alternative.
Charlie
This is likely to be a very expensive route. Usually the stuff sold as roughing fluid/spray is the same Testor's spray mentioned above, re-labelled and marked WAY up.
For a good many years I have used "Krylon" Matte Finish #1311 to make IDs.
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Magic-Tricks-Magic-Books-Magic-DVDs-23409-Roughing-Fluid__896.htm

This is just the testors with a new label.
http://www.Penquinmagic.com

These guys also carry it.
Kylon matte spray...1151...available at wally world.
I've used Krylon Matte Finish to great success. Works just as good as the stuff sold in magic shops.