(Close Window)
Topic: P&T do the Super Bowl
From an ABC-TV news release about this Sunday's Super Bowl coverage:

Penn & TELLER: In a once-in-a-lifetime trick, magicians Penn & Teller will write down and hermetically seal the winner, score and MVP of Super Bowl XXXVII along with one "off-the-wall" prediction during the pre-game show. The two will reappear on our postgame show to reveal their results.

Wanna bet they don't pull the same routine they did during the WMS? :hmm:
Well, they got it right.

:bigsmile:
Maybe this wasn't on purpose but the tube left the camera's sight about twice. Once when the news anchor turned his back on us while holding the prediction tube, and another when it was hit and flew out of sight for a moment. Perhaps opportunities for a switch?
Hmm...perhaps. But assuming they were surrounded by what looked like hundreds of people, I'm not sure if they would want to risk a switch that obvious. I'm sure it went out of site by mistake (camera man didn't know what to do or expect I'm sure). I'm not exactly sure how it was accomplished, but I was pretty impressed. :)
They were great as always. I wondered about the off camera incidents as well, but I really think that they're too good to have to resort to kicking something off camera for a switch.

Not that they wouldn't, but that they don't have to.
[quote]
On 2003-01-27 23:02, JamesD wrote:
They were great as always. I wondered about the off camera incidents as well, but I really think that they're too good to have to resort to kicking something off camera for a switch.

Not that they wouldn't, but that they don't have to.
[/quote]
In also noticed that it was off camera a couple of times and i would not put it past them to do something as simple as that. Personally i think that the woman holding the tube was a stooge and did the switch for them, after all who suspects the bystander at that momnet?

Mat
Weak switch. All the attention is on the pickle jar and the container inside. That was nice. I'm thinking clean, clean, clean. Of course there had to be another container/tube inside the first container. They got very handsy with the tube. And that was apparent to all. Weak. Weak. Weak.