(Close Window)
Topic: New effect, Bullet
Hey anybody here heard of the new effect, Bullet?
Is their a link?
Bullet is an impromptu Coin Through Bottle effect Ellusionist is coming out with. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was gimmickless and totally impromptu.
I'm guessing that's the name of the 3 CIB that's being hyped? Or is that something else entirely?
[quote]
On 2007-04-30 14:11, VcosNJ wrote:
I'm guessing that's the name of the 3 CIB that's being hyped? Or is that something else entirely?
[/quote]

Sounds like it is "version one" of the street series. Empty plastic version.
Just for the record, it's not 3 Coin in bottles, it's 2.
2 coin in bottles, factory sealed and Bullet. Factory Sealed is the 1st one and Bullet is the 2nd one. The 3rd one was cut because we (myself, Brad Christian,
and Wayne Houchin) felt it was not practical enough.
Justin N. Miller
Yeah I read Factory Sealed and Bullet were more themed for Street Magic.
Water bottles are practically everywhere on the streets.

I'd still love to see that glass version performed by Nick V. ANYDAY.
Sounds more practical for Restaurant/Bar and Receptions from what I hear.
I still want it.

Taking the concept of a coin through a bottle beyond the boundries of a well known a close-up classic- and using the plot as an example of the ultimate solid through solid penetration is ingenious. I hope to still see it one day. I don't cae if I have to carry around a gimmick or whatever. The whole idea is so intriguing.

I still will be getting the two Street CIB's, and will always keep an eye out for the adored glass version.
After co-creating Bullet with Nick, I have gotten glimpses of his other CIB's and all I can say is the thinking behind them are amazing. When Nick and I first started talking to each other it all started because of our facination with bottle effects. I hope you guys like Bullet.

Matthew Mello
Matthew,
Thanks for having a hand in the creative process for BULLET it was SO much fun to perform!

Justin N. Miller
Cool! Having played a very small part in the producton of the video, it's great to finally hear from Justin and others that "The Bullet" will be one of two coin through bottle effects soon to be realesed by ellusionist.

I know you will like both "The Bullet and "Factory Sealed". Both are especially good if you like to do "stealth magic" or impromptu "street magic".

I have noticed that interested parties have quoted me/ PM'ed me in regards to Nick's other coin through bottle effect; the one which he often states would serve as the ultimate demonstration of one's "ability to pass one solid object through another".

Nick still has not tipped the method to me. I'll take Justin's word for it in terms of practicality- but this really fooled me and a lot of other guys I know. Who knows- perhaps we'll have to wait a little longer for this one to hit the market? I know that I'll be waiting in agony to see exactly how this one is done.

Can't wait to see the new DVD. Thanks to Justin Miller for the heads up!

- Mark M. Walsh
Glad to hear you like it Justin. I hope everyone else likes it and gets as much use out of it as we have.

Matthew Mello
I WANT THE GLASS ONE ... PERIOD.

I heard Nick's glass version performances are mind boggling.
I love street magic, but I don't live on the streets. I do find myself in other environments sometimes too.
I want to learn his glass "anywhere on the bottle" version. That is what I have been waiting on for so long.

As a creator myself, it is those 'inner workings' that are of value to us magi who wish to explore.
When are these 2 CIB going to be available on Ellusionist?
Bryan,

There's no set date to my knowledge, but I do know that these babies are near their final stages of getting ready to hit the shelves. Keep an eye out. : )

||sean ||
[quote]
On 2007-05-06 07:23, Tempesta wrote:
Bryan,

There's no set date to my knowledge, but I do know that these babies are near their final stages of getting ready to hit the shelves. Keep an eye out. : )

||sean ||
[/quote]

Ahh , an Ellusionist employee,,,

Sean, can you tell me if Bullet is 100% Completely Impromptu?
Rite now sean fields aquatic is almost perfect.Im wondering what these new cib offers?
Ah, yeah, for got about Seans. Then again, I am still waiting for a vid of it. I found it a bit tricky to grasp from the descrip.

The agai, also, I got a preview of the notes, so he mmay have had a better wright up in the published ones.
Back to the other CIB's, I REALLY would like to see the glass one.

I do not care how "practical" it is. I am stil working towards a real quarter in a real glass bottle and I KNOW it will be impractical, but worth the set up.

Glenn
[quote]
On 2007-05-10 16:28, macGyver(south Africa) wrote:
Im wondering what these new cib offers?
[/quote]

Me too, can't wait to see.
Looking forward to razor sharp instructions on DVD format too.

[quote]
On 2007-04-30 19:48, jussy wrote:
SO much fun to perform!

Justin N. Miller
[/quote]

That's good to hear.
Can we expect a demo soon?
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (May 10, 2007 08:57PM)
I want the Holy Trinity! It would be a miracle to be able to perform on any type of bottle, no matter the practicality. I really want to learn them ALL. Especially the glass version, no matter where I have to buy it.
That is the one I have been waiting for the MOST!
I like passing thru by Kevin Parker.It looks amazing to see it.
[quote]
On 2007-05-14 08:38, bear trees wrote:
I like passing thru by Kevin Parker. It looks pretty cool to watch.
[/quote]

Passing thru looks nice, but "Factory Sealed" Is the bomb.
No CIB has anything on "Factory Sealed" by Nick Verna.

That has got to be the most incredible Coin through Bottle effect with a borrowed beverage bottle and borrowed coin ever in existence.
Slow, visual penetration right before our eyes.
Not a "to location effect". A real visual, bonafide slow, melting process effect with absolutely no holes, leaks, or funny moves.
Clean as a whistle.

Empty Plastic Bottle CIB is insane as well.
Fast and Visual. Borrowed Coins, Borrowed Bottle, Spectator Signed Coins, Surgical and Souvenir.

And Nick's third CIB demonstation of the ability to pass a solid object anywhere on a borrowed glass bottle is the most out of the boundaries CIB I have ever seen to date.

I am not sure if any of these even use gimmicks or what not, but they all look 100% impromptu to me. From what I saw, it was just the coin and bottle and the you couldn't end any cleaner. And, believe me I was searching like a hawk.

If you want to see some of Nick V's unique material for yourself, go to an IBM or SAM meeting, lecture, or magic gathering on the east coast, especially the Tri State area of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. This guy has magic material that will make you stop in your tracks, scratch your head, then feel like a kid again when you first saw magic for the first time.

Outstanding practical magic designed for various situations.
I'm going to have to go check this out... Justin. I heard you were in my neck of the woods not too long ago. you did some type of lecture at the magic shop in reading, pa?