(Close Window)
Topic: 4CAST By: U.Dor & D. Weisberg
I saw a demo of this effect, and I was very impressed.
Udi, my friend, is an electronics engineer and a magician. He used both skills in order to create a brilliant "Hi Tech effect", which combines mentalism, cards and multimedia. A very unique effect
Please look at:
http://www.pro-magic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=572&cat=7&page=1

Yago
Hi Yago,
Thank you for the nice review :)

I've created this effect some times back, mostly for personal use... and just recently (after several magician colleagues requests) I decided to make it public.

please let me describe the effect for those who are not familiar with it:
in general it's an impossible "Do as I do effect".
you play a movie (on your computer) to your audience. in the movie they see a deck of cards being spreaded on the table and shuffled. then from the mess of cards a single card is chosen (still face down) - you pause the movie and let them to do the same.
when you resume the movie... the card on the screen is identical to the one they have in their hand !
any card can be chosen, there is no force, it's very easy to use... and it's so "Clean". I tested it 10 times with the same persons, and they just couldn't find the method.

the video... the cards... the background music... and the striking ending make it very impressive. on the other hand the simplicity makes it feels like a "Real" magic.

I have it in my laptop, and my sedktop at work. I do a lot of magic to friends and family (mostly close up & mentalism), and I humbly think this one is one of the effects which impress them most... I get great responses for it, and it's very common to get in the end of the show remarks like "just do the computer thing one more time before you leave".

I'm really proud of it, and I hope you'll enjoy it too.
please check the link Yago mentioned above, I would appreciate any comment.

Thanks,
Udi.
Does the video really have that cut to a title card before the card is revealed?
There are three of these slides during the movie, and I guess the asnwer to your question is yes and no ;)

Yes - that's what you see in the media player.
No - the video doesn't necessarily have that.

anyway, because it's a common media player, they usually suspect the deck of cards. looking for the way you "forced" them to pick their card.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jun 5, 2007 02:58PM)
Can I ask if this IS just a clever force of a card that is so clever it couldn't even be called a force? If so it makes it even better!