(Close Window)
Topic: Tip on the Healed and Sealed Can?
Anders Modèn`s Healed and Sealed booklet just dropped down in my mailbox here the other day,
I've been through it a couple of times, so I bought a couple of six-packs of coke to try it out, but a repeated error occured.
After it's crushed, I have a problem restoring it without soda squirting out on the sides(?).
Any tips on making the emptyness of the can easier? :cheers:
Talk to Anders. His email is on the manuscript. He is a very helpful man.

Regards Nitram UK
Eirik: I PM'd you.

Anders
You can't get any better than that!

Anders himself is ready to answer the question! He has a great effect, and obviously cares about those who bought it.

I love Healed and Sealed! And it is great to see Anders join us here!

Welcome Anders!

BroDavid
Yes, Thanx for the tip, he came up with some different and good alternatives to try out.. And the trick is a great one, can`t wait to continue making jawdroppers.. :rotf:
-e-
I also have a problem, I have not performed it yet but I am wondering what you use to show the can open. It reforms perfectly but I don't know how well the napkin idea will work. Pm me if this is too revealing :pepsi:
Stick man, Talk to Anders. His email is on the manuscript. He is a very helpful man.

Regards Nitram UK
Check the end of the manuscript for the alternate version without the napkin. That's what I have to use sometimes.

-Christian
Agree Christian, it`s a good alternative handling. I have only performed this once till now, but if I may ask, what do you think is the best way to "fix" the black hole? Napkin peice or a lighter?
I have the Bat and use it to seal the can. You could use any strong Bat like object if you know what it is. I wear a long sleeve and strap it around my wrist. Cut and stick a thin piece of something on top that the Bat can pull off. Don't want to say too much more without giving away the secrets.

I would have to say the key to this effect is making it look totally impromptu. I planted a can in our recycling box at work then gathered everyone around. The reactions were great. Some accused me of having two cans and switching them somehow.
Sounds like a nice alternative, I have also got the bat, so I'll try to get hold of a thin piece of something to use, and see how it goes.
Thanx-e-
Although I have not performed this effect for an audience what I have found to work for me as far as a replacement to the napkin, I have scanned and made several copies of an open coke can.

I have shared it with a friend that healed and sealed he said it looked real enough. Give it a try.
What works well for me instead of the napkin is tissue paper in the appropriate color, available most any place that sells gift wrap.

I made a cardboard template of the right size as a pattern and prepare 8 or 10 at a time. Moisture is a good adhesive, looks great from 3 feet away, and is easy to remove when the time is right.

I keep all the supplies needed in a little hard plastic case. Takes up very little pocket space, I always have my supplies with me when going any place where canned beverages may be served. Never fails to get tremendous reactions!!

Bill Beach
gman - inspired idea. Don't suppose you could email me a jpg of the scan - I don't have a scanner myself?
Kind regards
Bilz
Guys,

Bat? You're missing the point here. De-Pressurize! And to stop the spilliage palm a small sponge, I do this and it absorbs quite nicely and since the audience doesn't see it, there's no funny business suspected as with the napkin.

That's my two cents. :)
Yeah I have been having trouble with the crushing part too after I crush it I have to *-*-* the can to restore it, can anybody help me with this problem, Thanx
Whoaz, this is kinda obvious.
Along with bilz, I too, would be grateful if anyone with a jpeg of an open coke can would be generous enough to send me a copy?
I think the lighter works the best and looks great.