(Close Window)
Topic: "Believe" by Aaron DeLong
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to make an announcement that Believe will finally be available on July 1st. Orders will be taken on June 1st and the first 100 orders will receive a FREE copy of BJ's Phone Trick, a $15 value, which will also be available for purchase in July. All orders received in June will be shipped July 1st.

Please, no orders here on the Café. Visit http://www.tru-magic.com to order your copy on June 1st. The cost is $40 and shipping is on me. International shipping is $5.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong

P.S. - Here's the link to the original thread that got locked down a few months ago
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=170436&forum=109
Aaron,

I must say I fell in love with this effect the first time I ever saw it performed.

Congratulations and best of luck with your release.

All the best,

Nick Verna
Is this a limited edition?
Lol. Nice one bugjack.
Yes, he says first 100 in the post.
I definitely need to hop on this bandwagon.
[quote]
On 2007-05-13 13:15, KMan1564 wrote:
Yes, he says first 100 in the post.
I definitely need to hop on this bandwagon.
[/quote]

Looks unlimited to me. The *first* 100 get a bonus item, which means there will be a second 100, third 100, etc. There's no mention of release limitations.
But what, I thought this was only released for 100 people, no more? It loses its "specialness" now right?
It doesn't lose it's specialness, just more people can now experience this. The 100 limit was on it's original release and it was always known it was going to be released at a later point. I was one of those who got this first time round and am more than happy for it to now be released to all, it is a very strong effect and one I'm sure you'll like.
"The reason for exclusiveness? I only wanted true performers to get their hands on this piece, not merely the curious. I will not apologize for the price. You will slay audiences with this effect. My word is my bond and I will not release anymore than 100. Besides, they take a really long time to make and I have no desire to make more than 100."

Okay, whatever you say.
$$$$ > Specialness
I would love to have this effect, but refuse to support a creator that so openly goes back on his "bond."

If I was one of the original 100 I would be beyond upset.

-Dustin
Yeah but I think I know the reasoning for releasing it now, and it has to do with it being pirated etc
[quote]
On 2007-05-13 14:14, Y2John wrote:
The 100 limit was on it's original release and it was always known it was going to be released at a later point.
[/quote]

Sorry, but that's simply not true. I just can't [i]believe[/i] that it will cost less than the original release and with a bonus for the first 100 who order. What about the first 100 (minus the pirates) who stayed [i]tru[/i] to their end of the deal?
True, I would love to havea bonus for originally purchasing it and staying tru to my end of the deal, I can't argue with that. I also agree about the cost.
It was said though that it would get a release at a later point (I think it was 2 years or so down the line). Maybe my first post didn't properly get across my complete feelings on this, but I don't have a problem with it getting a release as that means that those who missed out or would like to perform this can. I completely understand your points though.
I say release it $15 more than the original price. that way it's compromising that it's been released way sooner than it should of. get it sooner=paying more money, then with the extra money, the origina 100 people split the difference and pocket the cash as compensation :)
Ha ha that would be great.
Y2John,

I put up a post right here on the Café and on Secretcenter.info that a trade in would be allowed. I posted that back in February. The cut off date for that is May 15th.

To everyone else,

The cost is lower because I am not making the gimmicks this time around. I give a step by step tutorial on how to make it. It is simple to make.

As far as my word being my bond - I gave my word based on an exclusivity arrangement. One or more of the purchasers broke their word and began pirating my work. I determined that since it is being passed around for free that people might as well be able to get it from the originator of the effect and support the creator of it rather than steal it. I feel this only fair since I poured my blood sweat and tears into it. Unfortunately, being new to the sales of magic merchandise, I didn't think to create a non-disclosure contract like Bob Kohler did. Either way, I am doing what I feel is right.

I determined this back in November/December of last year and decided that I owed a full year of exclusivity to my customers. I have honored at least that.

I know I am under scrutiny and if you choose not to buy from me, I will certainly understand. I am ok with you not understanding why I changed my mind. You don't know all that went into the releasing of Believe the first time around.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Trade in?

That is the reason I thought was behind you releasing this earlier.

This really is a great effect!
I can't see the link on the website to buy it?
So any "exclusive" releases only remain exclusive if not uploaded to any pirated sites. Interesting concept.
The link is not going to be available on the site until June 1st.

DougNicols,
Anything you can come up with in order to cause trouble has already been done. Check out the 14 page thread that was started a year ago. So either get new material to bring to stir up trouble or keep your regurgitated comments to yourself. This is not the point of this thread, nor is it your personal platform to make statements about something you have no stake in.

Respectfully,
Aaron
You guys should just give it a rest. First when it was released everyone was up in arms that they did not get a copy,now everyone is up in arms that it is being put back up for sale. Cut Aaron a break, he is only doing what he feels is right. It is his effect and he should be allowed to do anything he wants with it. Do I own the effect,no, do I know Aaron, no, do I want to see people harp on a creator because he wants more Magicians and spectators to see his work, no. You should be thanking him for re-releasing this effect, instead of making it personal as to what was said in the past. THANKS AARON FOR OFFERING THIS INCREDIBLE REPUTATION MAKER(from watching it being performed by a fellow Magus)!!!!!

Respectfully,
Jeremy Hanrahan

P.s Before any name calling is done, I will leave you with this "I know you are, but want am I" LOL
My apologies for believing that when someone gives their word that they should stick by it.

Silly me.

(since everyone else covers their disdain by saying it)
REGARDS,
Dustin
I did not say that, everyone should just move on, who are we to judge.

Regards,
Jeremy
Customers?
Zing, I'm in when it becomes available...when a person just merely THINKS of a word and then announces it and I show it's on the back of a card...now that's REAL MAGIC.
I just hope the original ad wasn't skewed in any way. Don't really feel like shelling out $$$ for another p***. I have enough of them.
This is a killer trick. Everyone should jump on this great offer. What has happen is water under the bridge. Let us move on and just enjoy the magic
So nikyas, can you confirm that the word on the back of the card is instantly shown after the spectator merely THINKS of the word?
[quote]
On 2007-05-13 22:21, KMan1564 wrote:
So nikyas, can you confirm that the word on the back of the card is instantly shown after the spectator merely THINKS of the word?
[/quote]

Well, that is not exactly what happens. The spectator may remember that as what happened though. Someone says any word that they want. A card is selected from the deck and replaced. You take out a pad of paper and say you will give a demonstration of cold reading. You do so and when you are done you write something on a piece of paper and hand it to them. When they read it, it says the name of the card they selected. You can then remove an envelope from your pocket and inside is their card. Finally you turn the card over and the word that was named is written on the back.
I don't see why everyone is making a big deal out of this. Things change, stuff happens. I might give my word that I'll pay a bill, but something in life happens or comes up, and guess what I can't! This is obviously the case with Aaron, he's just human.

After reading what everyone says, I'm planning on purchasing this when it's released.

Bryan
Since we're all into analogies here...

I make a bet for $1,000 and can't pay up...I can't just write that off or else I'll get the crap beaten out of me. What Aaron does with his effect is his business. However, I will take that into consideration for future instances.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (May 14, 2007 03:19AM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37HU6OPnsGY

I don't know how many people have seen this before, however I feel those that haven't seen it performed or want to see how this looks in performance, watch a big name, full time pro perform this effect on TV. I stand by every decision Aaron makes, and if he decides to re-release it, don't complain, he's doing the Magic world another favour by releasing this, again, watch the video to see how strong this is!
^^agree^^
Thanks Chris. Thanks Y2John. Thanks Nikyas.

You guys should also check out Christopher Williams new dvd! There is some great stuff on there! One that I wish he wasn't putting out! The moment I saw it, I said "brilliant, just brilliant."
Wow, after seeing that demo, I'm sold! Thanks for the link Christopher. After viewing it, you can count on me being the first to purchase. However, I might change the effect up. How amazing would it be to just divine their thought of word without the whole routine? Now that in itself will be worth more than the price Aaron is selling the effect. I honestly have no clue how Paul would know the word she merely thought of, but I guess I really do Believe. Can't wait for this one!! Release it already Aaron!!
Just a note: Paul doesn't do it exactly like I do. He has his own method for obtaining the thought of word. His method is not in the booklet, nor will I teach it. You will have to hunt him down and force him into submission to tell you how he does it.

I am sure the method provided in the booklet will still be satisfactory.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Aaron,
Paul's the man! One of our old Salt Lake City crew :) We miss him here! That cat is absolutely FILLED with magic, and a prolific thinker too. I'm sure you agree.

Great piece BTW, I'm quite interested in this myself.

Although a bit different than what was originally intended for "Believe", I'm happy to have access to this wonderful and STRONG piece of work.

Peace, always . . .
Jerome
Paul Vigil is the man!! I am headed out to hang with him this Wednesday night for a couple of days.

Cheers,
Aaron DeLong
[quote]
On 2007-05-14 11:35, KMan1564 wrote:
Wow, after seeing that demo, I'm sold! Thanks for the link Christopher. After viewing it, you can count on me being the first to purchase. However, I might change the effect up. How amazing would it be to just divine their thought of word without the whole routine? Now that in itself will be worth more than the price Aaron is selling the effect. I honestly have no clue how Paul would know the word she merely thought of, but I guess I really do Believe. Can't wait for this one!! Release it already Aaron!!
[/quote]
Don't expect to be able for someone to say a word and then immediately reveal the word on the back of a card. It's a great effect though.
Good luck with releasing this again Aaron! It's a great product,

Jeroen
I for one can;t wait!
To All,
I posted back in February a trade in offer for the original 100 buyers. Apparently, I posted it in the FOR SALE section and those threads get removed after some time. That being said, the cut off for the trade in was today. I only received two in the mail.

However, I have recently become aware that the thread was removed. So I will extend the offer until May 25th.

The offer for trade in is this:

Send me your original manuscript. Keep the gaff and the other items. I want the original cover and the script. Mail it to Aaron DeLong, 8545 Kingsley Dr., Reynoldsburg, OH 43068. I am also requesting that you send me $5 cash in the envelope. That covers printing and shipping. (international guys pm me)

What you get is a copy of unBELIEVEable and BJ's Phone Trick. I will ship your items on July 1st. But I need to receive your request for trade-in by May 25th. Your manuscript must be original, your money must be inside the envelope. Cash only. (internationals PM me) Any item arriving without money or script and cover will not receive a trade-in and I will not mail back your items.

My intent is to thank those that held onto their original manuscripts.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
That is an extremely nice gesture. At the time I purchased BELIEVE and the persuing pirates, I didn't have access to the sale section so I had no idea about your trade in offer. Thanks for making me believe again and even more so for providing the entire community the ability to buy this knock-out effect. :thumbsup:
I'm more interested in Vigils method of devining the word!
Either there's pre-show work or Paul sold his soul to the devil :)
Good possibility MacGyver.
..that he sold his soul..or pre-show?
The sold his soul part.
There was no preshow work
Only a few more days till June 1st!!!
I went to the page and it isn't allowing me to buy it. Is their a way you can directly s=post a link here or pm me a link for believe? Also do you provide a way in the manuscript to get the info their thinking of?

Thanks, Roham
I went to the page and it isn't allowing me to buy it. Is their a way you can directly s=post a link here or pm me a link for believe? Also do you provide a way in the manuscript to get the info their thinking of?

Thanks, Roham
Hey Aaron,
I was just wondering, in the booklet will you be providing info on how to actually get the information? Also the link you posted ot the website to buy it is not working well so can you pm me or post a different link please.
Will be out of town until June 4th, but previewing this was a pleasure. This will be worth every minute. And the phone trick bonus...was/is GREAT. Hope everyone gets this ordered as soon as June 1st hits.

Best-

Thanks again Aaron for first class customer service.
The website isn't allowing me to make the purchase either. What can I do?
I fixed the link this morning. The html coding was (dare I say) "Off by 1". At any rate, it is working now.

Cheers,

Aaron
I jumped on this at 5AM this morning! Put my request in months ago.
Any possibility of learning the method of his thought of word reveal that was on the Utube video.? It would be great to have both methods....and of course I would be happy to pay the performer for the opportunity.
Can't wait till July 1st!
KW
Paul's method is under wraps. You would have to ask him if he is willing to share with you.

Aaron DeLong
I was on the phone with Paul Vigil today and he said that he could not give me permission to share the method. Sorry gents. I have to keep it on the low.

Aaron DeLong
Congrats on your release Aaron. I wish you the best of success.
Does that mean Paul may possible release it himself at a latter date Aaron or a definate no?
He said that he had no plans of releasing how he did it.
Is this now a DVD or still a manuscript?
Thanks Aaron,
Chris,
This is still manuscript only. No promise of a dvd from me.

Aaron
Thanks for all the orders. The 100 are going fast!
Is this still going to be available after July 1st?

And have you previously released BJ's Phone Trick? I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere.
Hey Hay Harrey.... sorry. I couldn't resist.

Yes, Believe will be available after July 1st. I am taking Pre-Orders from June 1st till July 1st. All of those orders up to the first 100 get a free copy of BJ's Phone Trick.

And no, BJ's is a previously unpublished effect. Information about the effect will be available on my website after July 1st. http://www.tru-magic.com

Cheers,

Aaron
I havent seen this effect before perfected like I just read it off ur site do you have a demo of it being performed
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jun 9, 2007 03:08PM)
Read through James, I think on page 2 I put up a link to it being performed on TV
Jaymes,
You can also see it on Kozmo's DVDs LIVE At the Jailhouse by Justin Miller.

Aaron
Has there been 100 sold yet liek if I bought it right now would I make the first 100?
[quote]
On 2007-06-09 16:08, Christopher Williams wrote:
Read through James, I think on page 2 I put up a link to it being performed on TV
[/quote]

Vigil is absolutely great in the video, but it may be a little misleading to potential purchasers of this. I am familiar with the basic effect, but I have no clue how he obtained the secret word, and that is the real stunner I'm sure most of us would pay a pretty penny for.

"Believe" is a great effect, but, unlike Vigil's mindread, you will need to be able to obtain the secret word by some method and Aaron suggests a couple more obvious ones. I'm glad this is being released because Aaron deserves to make some profit on this brilliant effect.
Thanks Tdowell!

Jaymes,

Yes, you would still be in the first 100. Although remember, this is not limited to 100. I am offering a special gift to the first 100.

Cheers,

Aaron
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jun 14, 2007 09:57AM)
Hi guys,

Just thought I would say for those still asking, and are interested, I am no longer just giving my handling out for this, if you want to learn it, you have to get the book. Aaron has done a much better write up than I did for it, as mine was just an addition for those that had it, Aaron has gone through it all, and with pictures!

Snap this up if you haven't already, it's great!
[quote]
On 2007-06-14 10:57, Christopher Williams wrote:
Hi guys,

Just thought I would say for those still asking, and are interested, I am no longer just giving my handling out for this, if you want to learn it, you have to get the book. Aaron has done a much better write up than I did for it, as mine was just an addition for those that had it, Aaron has gone through it all, and with pictures!

[/quote]

Yes, but I have your original, codys, and a few other things in my Original Believe scrapbook. Looking forward to seeing this in my mailbox. Although I read through the proof, nothing like having it in print. Looking forward to it as well ;)
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jun 14, 2007 11:32AM)
:D

The proof was good, but I believe Aaron has changed it since, so that will be interesting to see :)

Can't wait Aaron!
[quote]
On 2007-06-14 10:57, Christopher Williams wrote:
Hi guys,

[/quote]

Yes, but I have your original, codys, and a few other things in my Original Believe scrapbook. Looking forward to seeing this in my mailbox. Although I read through the proof, nothing like having it in print. Looking forward to it as well ;)
Magicmind,

There were a few changes here and there, but I think you got the latest that I sent out for review. Thanks again for taking a look at it.

It all goes in the mail in a few days!

Aaron
Aaron, what exactly is the effect for Believe? I have the Jailhouse DVD in which the procedure for the reveal of the word is slightly different. I understand the method for the reveal of the chosen card, but am I correct in believing the method for the word divination explained in Believe requires a g***.

Regards
Ragingcalm,

On the DVD, he used John Cornelius' Thought Transmitter. It can add to the strength of the routine by having a word written down out of sight and reveal it matches what they wrote down at the end.

However, the original routine calls for you to just ask for the word. The context for doing so is justified and you will need to purchase the effect to understand it from there.

Aaron
Just wanted to interject something here - BELIEVE is not about the method of obtaining the word that is thought of, it is about revealing the word thought of.

If you see it as the opposite, you have missed the effect completely.

I know there may be confusion here as Paul uses an amazing method of obtaining the word, but don't let his METHOD overshadow the impact of the EFFECT here.

Again, Believe is not about his method. It is not even included in what you receive from me. You receive how to reveal a thought of word, on the back of a freely chosen card inside of a sealed envelope. (along with a bunch of handlings, variations and techniques)

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Thanks for the clearing things up Aaron..it seems like Paul's presentation of "believe" is confusing people here (a really good presentation I may add!) I've seen "Believe" perfomed and the effect itself is KILLER! Thanks for re-releasing it so I can get my hands on it!..muahahahaha! (evil laugh fades into background)...
Thanks for the clearing things up Aaron..it seems like Paul's presentation of "believe" is confusing people here (a really good presentation I may add!) I've seen "Believe" perfomed and the effect itself is KILLER! Thanks for re-releasing it so I can get my hands on it!..muahahahaha! (evil laugh fades into background)...
Thanks Teamgreen! I think Paul's method combined with my effect have created a bit of a sensation. I get emails about it all the time with people offering to buy his method for any price named.

As I have said before, Paul isn't going to come off of his method. But in the mean time, you can still enjoy performing BELIEVE. Maybe you will come up with your own method of "mind reading" in the process!!

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Really looking forward to this Aaron. I have heard some great things from folks who have the original.

--Jim
Aaron it's a lovely effect, but you possibly might want to remove the you tube video. In conjunction with the performance on live at the jailhouse you might lose some customers through reverse engineering of the effect. I'll endeavour to purchase you're next release to make up for not buying belive...:-(
It's not my video to take down. And thanks for pointing out to everyone that they shouldn't support a creator because it can just be reverse engineered. Hope you enjoy it.

Oh and there are 3 other methods of performing Believe in the manuscript, not just the methods you have seen on youtube and Jailhouse.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Only a few more days and everyone's pre-orders ship!
Ragingcalm, you've got to be kidding me! You're not going to buy the effect because you reversed engineered it?... That is really lame. And not very smart. Just because you have an idea about how to do an effect does not mean you know all the ins and outs of HOW to do the effect.

If you think it's "lovely" then buy it!
All Pre-Orders are getting shipped tomorrow! I was supposed to wait until July 1, but I am so excited to get these out to you. I want you to have them before the holiday next week. Enjoy and thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Pre-orders are now over and you can order today and get it this week! No waiting!

The first 100 are almost gone and so is the offer for the FREE BJ's Phone Trick.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
Already got mine in the mail today. Just reading over the method I have to say I feel this was worth the money and then some. The thinking behind the method is absolutely incredible. I cannot wait to try this out on people as I already had everything I needed sitting around the house that I need =)

BJ's Phone trick is a great effect that I am sure will get a bunch of playtime.

Thanks for such a great deal on this priceless material Aaron.

--Jim
Jim,

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear it got there so quick. Has anyone else gotten their's yet?

Aaron
Not yet, but I'm in the UK waiting for the postman each morning!! Can't wait to get my hands on this!!

Paul
Got mine in HK yesterday! Thanks Aaron.

Sean
Let me know when you do Paul so I can have a time line for arrival. I sent a ton out to the UK and a lot of people are asking.

Cheers,

Aaron
It takes some time untill it arives. I am waiting for mine to arrive to the Netherlands. So I guess it could take some time to send them to Europe. But I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Jeroen
Jeroen,

I believe your's went out with everyone elses. Let me know when it arrives.

Aaron
Thanks again Aaron!!!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 10, 2007 06:21AM)
Well, my copy arrived here in the UK, so I guess other peoples will soon! A very nicely put together booklet (And BJ's), and it is full of great ideas and routines with the BELIEVE principle. As this isn't the review section (And I am rather busy atm, just had to chime in quickly), I will post a full review when I can! Exciting stuff!!!
Ok....Let's have some reviews.... :) ...
"Nicely put together booklet and BJ's"... Sounds like an AMAZING DEAL!! ;)
[quote]
On 2007-07-10 20:55, Cameron Francis wrote:
"Nicely put together booklet and BJ's"... Sounds like an AMAZING DEAL!! ;)
[/quote]

Lmao....
Funny thing.... I had originally typed up the combo on my website as such:

"unBELIEVEable/BJ's Combo - order today and save $5 on a package deal"

I very quickly recognized the dirty reference and wrote it up differently.

Aaron
This effect rocks! I got it awhile back and just love it. Mine had a pre-made gimmick, but they're real easy to make.
Thanks Bloodkin! The new manuscript gives a step by step how to make the gimmick. It even includes a guide, so there is no guess work to making it.

Cheers,
Aaron
Received mine today. Looked over the manuscripts and they are very clear. Lots of great thinking behind both.
I just got word from David Regal that unBELIEVEable was going to be reviewed in Genii Magazine in September. He gave me no indication about how he felt about it.

Keep watching I guess!

Cheers,
Aaron DeLong
Oh wow, I'm so out of the loop on this one. And I was one of the original owners. Chris I just read a review in Magic (I THINK) ill be picking up your DVD when I can. Now what exactly is Unbelievable and B.J.'s Phone trick? I have Jailhouse, must of overlooked it.
BJ's Phone Trick is my take on the old mr. Wizard plot.
I have one of the original believes and I love this effect. Nice work Aaron.
I just heard the reviews from David Regal are in. I haven't seen it yet and they aren't available at my local shop yet. Has anyone read it?

Aaron DeLong
Regal gave it a decent review this month. I finally got my hands on a copy of Genii.

For those of you who would still like to pick this up, I have them available in a printed version for $40 or you can get them at Steve Fearson's site http://www.emagicsupply.com in a .pdf format for $30.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
BJ's Phone Trick is still available as a combo from emagicsupply?
No, BJ's Phone Trick is available from me for now.
Thanks Aaron
I just got this a couple of days ago and finaly had a chance to digest it.

The routine is very well structered and the "ANY" word reveal will (im sure) bring down the house!

Even though I have not had it long enough to give it a test run, I'm sure it will kill "ANY" audience.

I only perform effects that could be closers, so this is right up my alley and can't wait to put this to work.

Very smart routine Aaron

Steve Haynes
Thanks Steve! I really appreciate the kind words.

Aaron
[quote]
On 2007-07-11 09:40, Aaron DeLong wrote:
Funny thing.... I had originally typed up the combo on my website as such:

"unBELIEVEable/BJ's Combo - order today and save $5 on a package deal"

I very quickly recognized the dirty reference and wrote it up differently.[/quote]

LOL! Especially with a name like DeLong...was probably best you corrected it early.

Nick
I apologize if this has already been answered, but if I am to purchase BELIEVE, will I be ready to perform the trick once it arrives, or do I need any other items to be ordered along with the trick?
BELIEVE used to be sold with the gimmick (if you can call it that).

However, now the booklet details step-by-step how to construct your own. A quick trip to Staples or Office Max is all you will need and you'll be set to go! Nothing is out of the ordinary so there's no need to "order" anything before you purchase the effect.

Its a good one and you won't regret your purchase at all!
It's true. I used to sell the needed item with it, however, it is so easy to piece together, that it was more cost effective for you to get it yourself.

As Illusioneer said, the step-by-step is provided along with a guide for the necessary gaffing. Using the guide, you couldn't possibly mess this one up.

Good news is, once you know how to make it, you'll know how to make it for the rest of your life. Especially since none of the components are items that will ever be obsolete.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong
http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/ lists a BELIEVE DVD, now.
I have the Believe DVD set ( 2 disks ). Get it, get it, get it. It's so well done, thorough, magical. It's fantastic.

I've become a huge Aarong Delong fan!!!!
I also like Aaron ( the g is silent on the above post;-)