(Close Window)
Topic: Sun moon magnetic
Is there such a thing as a sun/moon magnetic coin ala Triple Threat? I find the sun/moon coin one of the coolest gaffed coins out there. And to have that added ability to handle it like a solid coin would be great.

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea or overkill?
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 16, 2007 05:29PM)
The gaff nests pretty well as is, what would the additional benefits be? Actually I was thinking it might be cool to have the insert as a flipper but that was just a notion. Maybe David Neighbors would have some ideas on this. David has a "Cerberus" gimmick that sounds close.
Taller 8,

I have a great dollar-size Sun and Moon coin that Todd L. made me, and it handles just like a solid coin. I can roll it across my knuckles, flip it over in my hand, etc. It stays together and is perfectly silent. You don't need a magnet.

Cheers,
Jerry

P.S. Just 15,998 more posts and I'll be tied with Jonathan.
Thanks Jerry for the input.
Thanks Jonathan I have not seen them yet! But I am sure todd could make you one! :)! But as has been said I am not sure if you need one! And If you need routines for It I have a Few!:)!
Taller8,

To answer your questions...

Yes they are available from Lassen as mentioned.

No it wouldn't be overkill as long as you have a use for it. And that use doesn't have to make sense to anyone but you.

All the best,

Kranzo
I got a sun and moon magnet set from johnson and It came with a shimed half dollar shell a magnetic copper silver insert that fits into the shim shell to look as a half dollar. It also came with an ordinary shaved down copper coin that fit into the shell and a shimed copper coin. The routines that came with this were very clever and amasing. The magnetic properties alow for more routines that were never possible before. It comes with a wild coin routine, coin thru glass, and coin thru silk. I might just save up some money to get a set from todd lassen.
Jamie9,
Otherwise known as Johnsons Magnetic Silver Copper. Comes in clad Kennedy's or Silver Kennedy's or Liberty's. Very cool. For those who are interested, check out http://www.themagicwarehouse.com

Jim.
Yes this set defintatly can do very cool effects not possible with a normal sun/moon coin. I highly recomend this set!
Hello,
However:
This set would not be considered a typical Sun and Moon gaff. Why? Because the shell is the silver coin. A "traditional" or "historic", Sun and Moon gaff has the shell as the copper coin, with a copper/ silver insert. Still, a versatile and interesting combo. This set could be considered a glorified Scotch and Soda, with magnetic properties.
Jim.
I know I'm a bit late to this one but like others have said a good shell should not need it be magnetic, however, I if I were to get a set made up I think I'd get a slippery sam type gimmick magnetized along with a magnetic copper/silver. This set would be in my opinion very versaitile as you'd have the benefit of a half rimmed shell along with some of the properties of a normal shell.
Paul,
Would the shell be the copper coin or the silver coin?
Jim.
[quote]
On 2007-07-06 12:38, Paul Wingham wrote:
I know I'm a bit late to this one but like others have said a good shell should not need it be magnetic, however, I if I were to get a set made up I think I'd get a slippery sam type gimmick magnetized along with a magnetic copper/silver. This set would be in my opinion very versaitile as you'd have the benefit of a half rimmed shell along with some of the properties of a normal shell.
[/quote]

Yes but for some of the routines included you need the magnetic properties or the effect will NOT work! The magnet does other stuff in the routines other than help the insert stay together. Most of the routines use the magnetic properties and the routines would not be possible without them.
FYI the shell is the half dollar.
One of the reasons for the Magnetic properties is for using it with the appropriate holdout. It's always nice to end very clean.

I do have the Magnetic Silver/Copper and it's great, but it is more of a Scotch and Soda routine.