(Close Window)
Topic: Please Vote for a "Cardshark" reprint
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (May 17, 2007 06:30PM)
As the reprint of a book is always a financial gamble for the publisher, it would be good to give him/her a view of the market demand.

I believe that there are a number of magicians out there who would love to get their hands on a copy of [b]Cardshark[/b] by Darwin Ortiz.

Please cast your vote if you are interested in a reprint.

Andy

P.S. - I would like to add that I am in no way related to Darwin and to the publisher. My sole benefit from a reprint would be to be able to get my hands on the book at a reasonable price.
Count me in!
Me too!
For sure!
It's the only Darwin Ortiz book that I don't have yet. I need one of these.
Ditto
Vote for reprint
Vote a big 'YES' -its one of the few books that regularly gets referenced. This is the one I am missing.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (May 18, 2007 03:17AM)
I want one
How many votes do I get?
I would love to see this book reprinted.
Absolutely, yes!
I've got the darned thing and I'm still keen as mustard to vote for a reprint. So count me in.

Regards,

Paul H
It would be amazing if it was reprinted...count me in!
I'm all for it!
Count me, and add a vote for John Carney's "Secrets," as well.
You have my vote!
I'm writing out the cheque now!!

pqleer
Reprint it.
Another vote.
Ortiz' material is really great and he puts so much thought into each and every aspect of the effects.
Sounds good to me! <chant> Re-print, re-print, re-print! </chant>
Reprint it .... please!
Reprint.
Me too
Count me in!
Plenty of interest, here. Please do reprint it, guys. Very important tome.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (May 26, 2007 04:50PM)
Sure, go ahead and re-print it.
At the Card Table and Scams and Fantasies are outstanding books, but I also need Cardshark. Reprint please.
How do you vote?
You just did =), just responding to the thread showing interest makes you a voter.

Count me in too, it would be nice to be able to purchase this at a reasonable price.

~Magically Dave
I have a copy I'd be willing to let go for a pretty penny.
LOL, but Zach - do please vote for a reprint...!
I join my vote !
When could we get it ???
Hell ya! I'd buy it in a blink.
Count me in!
This thread slowed down at less than 35 people, does that mean it's not getting reprinted?
I vote a yes too.
I don't even get how we vote......

THis isn't voting.........
If reprint, I definitely buy it!
One more
It doesn't matter if you vote or not, None of the Ortiz books published by Kaufman will be reprinted in the near future. That's right no CardShark no Card Table, no Strong Magic. I am told this is due to the relationship between the author (Ortiz) and the Publisher (Richard Kaufman). It Just Plain Isn't Going to happen. Sorry to burst any bubbles.
[quote]
On 2007-06-09 19:37, themagicofdrew wrote:
It doesn't matter if you vote or not, None of the Ortiz books published by Kaufman will be reprinted in the near future. That's right no CardShark no Card Table, no Strong Magic. I am told this is due to the relationship between the author (Ortiz) and the Publisher (Richard Kaufman). It Just Plain Isn't Going to happen. Sorry to burst any bubbles.
[/quote]
You are misinformed and incorrect in every statement youíve made. Without going into further detail, Iíll just mention that Richard Kaufman no longer owns the publishing rights to any of my books.
Their may be hope yet for a reprint run.
Mr. Ortiz, I apologize if I was misinformed and incorrect. I was going by what I believe is a reliable source in the world of magic publishing. I did not think I would be able to reach you to verify it and since you had yet to post anything on this thread I assumed that it was true. Again my apologies.
[quote]
On 2007-06-11 12:14, themagicofdrew wrote:
Again my apologies.
[/quote]
No problem.
So Darwin how bout it?
[quote]
On 2007-06-13 17:33, Fresh wrote:
So Darwin how bout it?
[/quote]
As soon as Iíve made a decision about [i]Cardshark[/i] Iíll post it here.

Meanwhile, I am in the process of reprinting [i]Strong Magic[/i]. Copies should be ready to ship in about four weeks. If anyone would like to pre-order, please PM me.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Jun 18, 2007 05:07PM)
Thanks Darwin,

I am not giving up the hope, and I am sure that a lot of other magicians think alike.

Keep your votes coming in folks . . .

Andy
If he's misinformed and incorrect in EVERY statement he made(and I assume Mr. Ortiz to be a very precise person), then this is a very interesting post indeed!

[quote]
On 2007-06-10 18:25, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-06-09 19:37, themagicofdrew wrote:
[/quote]
You are misinformed and incorrect in every statement youíve made. Without going into further detail, Iíll just mention that Richard Kaufman no longer owns the publishing rights to any of my books.
[/quote]
I'm interested
I am a huge fan of Darwin's work and would love to see this get reprinted.
I'd definitely buy it.
I'd buy it too. I should have bought one when I got my copy of At The Card Table.
Since this is based on Darwin's book, don't forget http://www.adaywithdarwin.com in mid-July.
I have both the At the Card Table and Scams and Fantasies. They are very good.
I am waiting for the Cardshark to get reprinted.
Please Reprint it !!!!!
Please Reprint - I have Strong Magic, At the Card Table, and Scams and Fantasies - Designing Miracles is a short wait away - but, something's still missing here!
Mr. Ortiz,
Add my vote to the Cardshark request list. As a direct purchaser from you of Desiging Miracles (which, like the SM book, makes reference to material & routines in "Cardshark"), I would love to add the Cardshark knowledge to my continuing card studies. There clearly are beneficial learning techniques and "design concepts" in Cardshark -- not merely more humm drum card tricks. Between this forum and the Genii forum, it would seem that your present publisher can get an idea of the demand level for this book. All the best in Magic and Life, Kenno.
I too would like to add this to my collection.
Probably my two favourite volumes are Strong Magic and Designing Miracles...

Please reprint Cardshark....

If they are indication of what I can find in there... need a copy
I'd like to have it, been interested in the phantom.
I will definitely be buying when reprint is out. Been wanting to read this book for quite sometime now.
Is there anyone who could analyze the situation that its not only 60+ people here that wants this book reprint as I'm sure there is a lot more out there. Almost everyone in magic do cards and more then half is drawn in cards due to gambling style.
And needless for me to say but all his material is fantastic, I have a few like Strong Magic, At Card Table book, Scams and Fantasies dvds. Would surely love to add Card Shark to my collection.

Hey, Its my first post and my first vote! Really hope to see Card Shark do get reprint in near future, Cheers.
I saw the book just recently sell for over $100 on ebay.

Can somebody please tell me if Darwin's bottom run-up system is explained in the Card Shark videos?
No, it's not.
[quote]
On 2007-07-07 17:54, Magicmania wrote:
No, it's not.
[/quote]
Bummer. Thanks for the exceptionaly quick answer.
Next time I see the book for sale on ebay I'm going to try to get it, no matter what the price.
I want this book!
I want this book but will this really help it get reprinted?
It might darwin reads the boards.... he just reprinted strong magic , and I bought it right from him. if there is enough interest I can;t see any reason why he would not want to reprint it.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Jul 19, 2007 11:01PM)
[quote]
On 2007-07-17 12:38, Joshua Barrett wrote:
It might darwin reads the boards.... he just reprinted strong magic , and I bought it right from him. if there is enough interest I can;t see any reason why he would not want to reprint it.
[/quote]

That is the reason why I started the thread. No guarantees though- but it will help Darwin to estimate the market potential vs the investment risk.

A similar thread is now ongoing regarding John Carney's BOOK of SECRETS. Here John apparently even gave targeted numbers of vote he has in mind in order to produce the book.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=215846&forum=110&15

So, keep the votes flowing in please. Naturally only if you are interested.
Okay, okay, I surrender. I am now in the process of reprinting [i]Cardshark[/i]. I should have copies ready to ship in about five weeks.

If anyone would like to pre-order an autographed copy, please send me a PM. I will mail out copies in the order in which I receive the orders. (I expect each person who posted in this thread to order several copies. You can never have enough spares.)

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Yus! You're the man! PM on the way.

I think I was first to pay =D Darwin is a man that delivers!
I should be second! This is great news that Darwin has decided to offer the reprint =). This is turning out to be the year of the reprints with several other reprints done this year and more to come!

--Jim
Would anyone who owns both the videos and book for Cardshark mind making a quick comparison in terms of sleights/effect explanations and general info (presentation/routining suggestions) present in the two mediums.

I've just lost vol 2. of the Cardshark series, which alas is in my humble opinion the best volume of all Darwin's fantastic work, and am wondering whether to purchase the volume on dvd or purchase the book when it is released.

Regards,
Will
Just can't wait to hold this Book in my hands. 5 weeks, counting down..
Thanks Darwin, for your decision in reprinting Cardshark. That is one of the best news I had for a long while now.

Best,
Ed
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Jul 22, 2007 07:55AM)
Fantastic news . . . thanks Darwin.

best

Andy

PS - hey, this thread worked . . . .
Just want to add, what a prompt and polite return I had from my PM asking for postage out to UK - Thanks
Darwin's Stuff is wicked...

Get it ... Its just a matter of choice or a matter of chance.

Count me in.

Aaron
'Andy the Cardician' - someone should say thanks to you for starting this thread, and the support it has since received - so 'THANK YOU',
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Jul 24, 2007 08:49AM)
Shakey,

thanks a lot for the kind words and support.

best
Andy
Let me also add that, although I did plan to reprint [i]Cardshark[/i] eventually, it was all of the people who responded in this thread that led me to do so sooner rather than later. Everyone who wanted to see this book reprinted (myself included) owes Andy a ďthank you.Ē

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
On another sites 'For Sale' section, someone has posted 'Cardshark' as OOP - Should be taking the occasional cup here in the Cafť
Andy THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Jul 27, 2007 06:45PM)
You are very welcome . . but we need to thank Darwin for listening to us.
OMG!! reprint of cardshark!!

this is an absolute must have for me!!

Thanks Andy and Ortiz!
A great big thanks to Darwin for accepting to reprint his Cardshark book. I'm very sure it has made a lot of people out there very,very happy indeed! I for one am very glad that this book will be available again. Thanks Darwin!

Andy, thank you for starting this thread & making our wishes come true sooner than expected.

Best,
Al
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Aug 2, 2007 03:14AM)
Cloundsss and nameless,

thanks for the kind words . . .

Andy
Message: Posted by: Silly Walter the Polar Bear (Aug 2, 2007 12:58PM)
I would like to give a big shout out to my magic peeps for getting the big "D" man to reprint Cardshark.
The inevitable small delays have crept into the production process. (The printer was about to go to press with the publisherís name listed as ďOritz Publications.Ē) However, things are back on track and the completion date has been set at September 4th. I will have pre-addressed mailers ready so that I can ship out pre-orders the moment I receive the books.

If anyone would still like to place an advance order for [i]Cardshark[/i], please send me a PM.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Really a fantastic news to most of us. Can't wait this book. :)

Andrew
Thatīs great news!

Carsten
In the next ten days or so I will have to let the printer know how many copies of [i]Cardshark[/i] to ship directly to me. (The rest will go to the warehouse, to wholesalers, etc.) The number of paid orders will determine how many I have shipped to me. Although Iím going to get some extras, Iíd rather not get stuck with a bedroom-full of books.

So, if youíve contacted me about ordering [i]Cardshark[/i] and have not yet paid for the book, Iíd appreciate it if you could try to do so in the next week or so--particularly if you would like to have your order go out as soon as copies arrive from the printer.

If anyone would still like to pre-order an autographed copy, please send me a PM.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Just save your money. I don't use more than 4 or 5 routines on a regular basis.

Robert
Is there a point to that? this is a thread from people asking on for the book. I have a book shelf full of books. do I use all that material on a regular basis. heck no, that would be impossible. its about learning, some of us have things to learn from this book and certainly more then from your half a sentence post. if you feel the need to deter people you could at the very least post reason that are explanatory and valid.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Aug 22, 2007 02:54AM)
To be fair, rbattle gave us the reason for his - rather harsh - verdict. The book only contains 5 routines worth for him to perform. As this is his criteria to judge the value of the book, so be it. Guess, he already ebayed his book.

I am sure that those who buy the book will see value in more than just the amount of routines used in daily life.
[quote]
On 2007-08-20 22:19, rbattle wrote:
Just save your money. I don't use more than 4 or 5 routines on a regular basis.

Robert
[/quote]

Man, I wish you'd told me that before I bought the book.
...I think he was being ironic.

4 or 5 routines out of a single source is a "home-run". Very impressive.
[quote]
On 2007-08-24 08:08, Waters wrote:

[/quote]

I was thinking of tricks but routines... ? Guess its hard to keep it in the closet since its reprinting already. :)

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=208518&forum=2&start=0

http://www.magictalk.com/cgi-bin/reviews.cgi?read=22
[quote]

[/quote]

I was being ironic, too.

I've got pretty much all of the great books on card magic and for most of them I use maybe one effect, [b]if any at all[/b]. It still makes them worthwhile since many of them have inspired me to create my own material, and I always enjoy reading about other people's thought processes in constructing effects. Anyone who gets five effects out of a book then dismisses the rest is crying poor mouth. That's definitely a home run, as you noted.

I've got ONE effect I do out of Roy Walton's two books. It doesn't mean there aren't other good ones. It means that they're right for you, maybe, but not me. And it doesn't mean I don't take those books down every now and again, crack them open and read through for the enjoyment and inspiration. (Walton was just a random name - I could also pick Jennings, Vernon, Cervon, etc)

ASW
ASW makes a very interesting point. I do pretty much the same thing. I don't necessarily perform the effects from most of my books, but I still see the value in having them. Since I phase in and phase out certain effects from my repertoire I always have the opportunity to replace them with items I may have overlooked in the past or items I wanted to perform but never found the time to do so.

That's part of the reason why I don't really part with magic books. I have some books on my shelf that I have opened up more than once and still think they aren't very beneficial, but somewhere in the back of my mind I always believe I am going to regret giving the book away.

I also agree that if you are able to get 4 or 5 routines out of a book, you have struck gold. Realistically, there really isn't going to be any book where someone is going to perform more than a couple of items from them anyway unless they are duplicating someone's act.
A quick update. [i]Cardshark[/i] is scheduled to ship from the printer on Tuesday. I should have them by the end of the week and will start shipping out pre-orders the following week in the order in which they were placed.

So, if anyone who ordered hasnít paid for their copy yet, now is the time to do so. If you would still like to order, send me a PM.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
[quote]

[/quote]

We should remember, its not just the routines in a book, but the small nuances we pick up on moves and routines we already know (like a spread of the cards to show a 4 card packet as red, when you know *** well theres a black card hidden in there!). Together with the thoughts and essays of authors - theres lots to discover between the covers of a book.
I'm a book lover and proud.
[/quote]

We should remember, its not just the routines in a book, but the small nuances we pick up on moves and routines we already know (like a spread of the cards to show a 4 card packet as red, when you know *** well theres a black card hidden in there!). Together with the thoughts and essays of authors - theres lots to discover between the covers of a book.
I'm a book lover and proud.
[/quote]

Without question! Excellent point. In many books, I am less interested in the actual routines and much more inclined to read thoughts, essays and subtleties. This is where the "art" is found.

I have read and re-read all of the essays in the "Books of Wonder" (for example). I don't perform a single routine (it's not probable that I ever will), but reading Mr. Wonder's thoughts is like "stealing years". Each of those chapters has influenced me in some way. Much like reading Mr. Ortiz' "Strong Magic", anything by Eugence Burger, Derren Brown's "Pure Effect" and John Carney's "Book of Secrets". I don't peform a single effect from these books (excluding psychological techniques of Derren's), but these have been the most influential books in my "magic experience".

...your point is well taken and well said.

Sean
I just went to the UPS site to track the [i]Cardshark[/i] shipment from the printer. It is scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow. I will start mailing copies Friday in the order in which orders were received.

If anyone is still interested in ordering and hasnít done so yet, now is the time.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
I can feel a weeks holiday from work coming on!!
At least a weeks holiday!
[quote]
On 2007-09-13 01:38, Shakey wrote:
I can feel a weeks holiday from work coming on!!
[/quote]
Malc, your copy went in the mail Friday (along with a great many others). The remaining orders will be mailed Monday and Tuesday.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Mr Ortiz - Many thanks
Has it shipped yet?
Got mine monday, its fantasic. the first routine in there is greta and not hard. looking forward to the phantom card
Mine arrived in the UK on WEdnesday - thanks. Very gracious written note in the front cover.
Have just started 5 days off work - fantastic timing

I've said it once, but will say again - thanks 'Andy' for starting this thread
Darn!! Still waiting for mine. I'm jealous. :)
Darwin,

Thanks for re-printing a gem of a book. Amazing and fantastic rountines and thoughts and contained within the pages of Card Shark. I certainly hope the risk/gamble(no pune intended) you took to re-print was profitable as well as satisfying.

The next question I'm sure is on many ppl's lip is ...what is it gotta take to convince you to re-print "At the Card Table" now? No pressure of course:)

Thanks for being an inspiration

Baobow
Is it possible for another reprint for Cardshark?
[quote]
On 2013-06-22 03:42, JamieMagiChen wrote:
Is it possible for another reprint for Cardshark?
[/quote]
Iím certainly open to doing another reprint if there is enough interest. Itís been six years since the last reprint.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
I am interested if there is a reprint
[quote]
On 2013-07-03 19:19, WorstKnight wrote:
I am interested if there is a reprint
[/quote]

I second!
Interested!!
Definitely interested.
Actually, the question I should have asked is: Are you more interested in a reprint of [i]Cardshark[/i] or [i]Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table[/i]? If I reprint one soon, the other will have to wait.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 19:30, Andy the cardician wrote:
As the reprint of a book is always a financial gamble for the publisher, it would be good to give him/her a view of the market demand.

I believe that there are a number of magicians out there who would love to get their hands on a copy of [b]Cardshark[/b] by Darwin Ortiz.

Please cast your vote if you are interested in a reprint.

Andy

P.S. - I would like to add that I am in no way related to Darwin and to the publisher. My sole benefit from a reprint would be to be able to get my hands on the book at a reasonable price.
[/quote]
No way. Let's keep it in the hands of the few who want it enough to seek it out and acquire it.
Message: Posted by: convincing control (Jul 4, 2013 06:39PM)
A reprint of Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table would be nice.
[quote]
On 2013-07-04 14:55, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
Actually, the question I should have asked is: Are you more interested in a reprint of [i]Cardshark[/i] or [i]Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table[/i]? If I reprint one soon, the other will have to wait.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
[/quote]

Cardshark please!
Cardshark!
Darwin Ortiz At The Card Table reprint, please!!
I vote card shark
I can't find the thread (though here is a [url]post by Darwin[/url]) but there was quite a bit of interest for an [i]At The Card Table[/i] reprint, especially since it has been out of print the longest. My vote is first for [i]At The Card Table[/i].

I also think the voting might be skewed a bit in this thread because of the title.
[quote]
On 2013-07-08 09:52, Robert P. wrote:
I also think the voting might be skewed a bit in this thread because of the title.
[/quote]
Thatís a very good point that I hadnít thought of. Now Iím thoroughly confused.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
[quote]
On 2013-07-09 14:51, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-07-08 09:52, Robert P. wrote:
[/quote]
Thatís a very good point that I hadnít thought of. Now Iím thoroughly confused.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
[/quote]

Since At the Card Table is your only book I am missing in my library, don't be deceived by the topic title mr Ortiz ;) I vote for a reprint of "At the Card Table" aswell!

Kind regards and respect,

Michiel
Reprint NOW !
[quote]
On 2013-07-11 06:42, bailey73 wrote:
Reprint NOW !
[/quote]
yes.. reprint.. At the card Table ;) ;)
At the Card Table. Been waiting on that for several years.
I treasure my Ortiz texts and sincerely hope none of them are ever reprinted.
[quote]
On 2013-07-13 13:38, magicfish wrote:
[/quote]

I don't get this line of reasoning. How is a reprint going to affect your appreciation of Ortiz?
It wont affect my appreciation of Ortiz.
Then why do you care, especially if the author wants to bring them back out?
[quote]
On 2013-07-11 21:26, the fritz wrote:
[/quote]
They are available should you wish to purchase one.
Please please please CARDSHARK!!!
[quote]
On 2013-07-13 21:59, magicfish wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yep, at double the price that the reprint would sell for and the money wouldn't be going to the creator of the material. About two and a half years ago I was forced to sell about 75% of my magic books from a collection of about 400; a library which took 30 years to build. A lot were OOP and therefore hard to find such as Greater Magic (Kaufman & Greenberg) and the most treasured pieces of my collection, a matching set of Bruce Cervon's Castle Notebooks which I may never be able to replace. As has been asked, why would want to prevent people, who desperately want to have this info made available once again, from purchasing it as a reprint? I'm sure you think you have some clever reasoning behind your words, but have you ever stopped and thought what YOU would do if you had to sell off some of your most prized books and then had to start over and replace them? Wouldn't you want some reprints then? Obviously I vote in favor of a reprint, not only of this particular book, but many of the wonderful pieces of magic literature which is no longer easily and economically obtained.
[quote]
On 2013-07-15 21:49, Adam Wood wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-07-13 21:59, magicfish wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yep, at double the price that the reprint would sell for and the money wouldn't be going to the creator of the material. About two and a half years ago I was forced to sell about 75% of my magic books from a collection of about 400; a library which took 30 years to build. A lot were OOP and therefore hard to find such as Greater Magic (Kaufman & Greenberg) and the most treasured pieces of my collection, a matching set of Bruce Cervon's Castle Notebooks which I may never be able to replace. As has been asked, why would want to prevent people, who desperately want to have this info made available once again, from purchasing it as a reprint? I'm sure you think you have some clever reasoning behind your words, but have you ever stopped and thought what YOU would do if you had to sell off some of your most prized books and then had to start over and replace them? Wouldn't you want some reprints then? Obviously I vote in favor of a reprint, not only of this particular book, but many of the wonderful pieces of magic literature which is no longer easily and economically obtained.
[/quote]

sooooo true !!
And I agree for 100%
Adam. I am an obsessive bibliophile. And I have had to sell my collection- twice.
Your tone saddens me. I'm not being clever and your post has hurt my feelings.
I know all too well what its like trying to rebuild a large collection. And rebuild I did - twice. Some of the replacement s were reprints which I will eventually replace with first editions. I was glad of the reprints. But most were out of print and expensive. And I replaced them all twice.
And even after all the searching, and all the money, I still am glad that my treasures are out of print. It isn't because I'm being clever, its because books are a love and passion for me. I have my own reasons for not wanting books to be reprinted.
Please don't insult me by pretending to know what they are.
Sincerely, Rodney.
PS. As far as Greater Magic goes, I enjoy Kaufman's edition, but I own Norm Houghton's personal copy of Greater Magic from 1938 with red cloth in near mint condition. No reprint could ever replace it.
I see you're from Ontario, perhaps youre acquainted with my friend Tom Ransom. I see Mr. Ransom at book shows annually seeking things most of us have never heard of- do you think he goes home and wishes they would be reprinted? No, he doesn't. And neither do I.
[quote]
On 2013-07-07 14:01, WorstKnight wrote:
I vote card shark
[/quote]

Cardshark for me as well. Fingers crossed.
I have a copy of Cardshark I would be willing to part with. Please PM me if interested.

Thanks -

Mark
[quote]
On 2013-07-13 13:38, magicfish wrote:
[/quote]

I'm sorry you felt insulted Magicfish, but it is the above sentence which insulted me. You would have me and others who want this book to have to pay a steep price to obtain said book simply because it has gone OOP. Both of us know what it is like to have to part with all or nearly all of a large collection of books which took years to build in my case and I assume in yours as well. I did not pretend to know what your reasons are, just as I assume that it took you years to build/rebuild your collection, I assume based on your curt words that you feel your reasons are justifiably good for magic. Since you chose not to state your reasons, all one can do is assume or guess.

Why don't you share with everyone why you don't want Mr. Ortiz's books to be reprinted? Are you hesitant because you think there may be a backlash by people who want these and other books to be reprinted or do you feel that it won't be taken seriously? Furthermore, do you feel that your reasons won't be understood? When making comments, such as you did, without stating any reason behind it, it smacks of insult to those who would like to see the book(s) reprinted.

It is this lack of information which leads me to believe that you might possibly feel that you may be ridiculed or disliked for your beliefs. My reason for wanting this and many other books to be reprinted is that I want any magician who is seriously interested in learning the effects contained within these books not to have to pay a premium to purchase something that has become a collectible. I too am an an insanely obsessive bibliophile (I don't open my books all the way to avoid damaging the spine! Just imagine what I go through when a routine requires that you follow the text with items in hand!), however some of my views changed after having to rebuild my collection, a collection which was filled with 1st editions as I bought them when they were first published, signed copies of magicians I`ve met, deluxe editions and copies that were ex libris from some of the most well-known and beloved creators that have ever lived.

I realized I was loving my books for what I now feel were partially the wrong reasons. Yes, it's very nice to lay ones hands on books such as I've mentioned, but in the end it is what is contained inside that is most important, not whose library it came from or who signed their name inside it or that it is bound in leather with a slipcase. This change in thought is what has allowed me to firstly, rebuild my collection, and secondly, to build it even further. Due to the changes I made in my self-owned business after it nearly crashed completely, my views on "special" copies of books changed. I now own far more books than I did originally and since I`m not paying premiums for certain books, I can continue to grow my collection faster than ever before. But, it is not myself that I`m really concerned with, it`s those who can`t afford to purchase a book that costs say $250, simply because it`s OOP. Also, those same persons may think that it`s better for their study of magic to have 3 or 4 books that are still in print, rather than just one which is OOP.

What I take issue with the most is that you make comments without any, let alone sufficient, reasoning being explained when you yourself have purchased reprints. Who knows, I might actually agree with you on some points! But, even if I didn`t, you have the right to your opinion, just as I or anyone else has their right to theirs. I would like to know because it`s the first time I've heard someone say that they didn't want a magic book reprinted, I've read or heard many times that certain individuals feel that certain secrets and methods should not be widely released and there are a few with which I agree shouldn't, since the secrets in question would be downright dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands or may lead to criminal or other such negative behavior. But a book, that is still relatively easy to come by even though it's OOP, in my mind just doesn't fit that criteria. Which is why I ask you to share with us your reasons so as to give us a better understanding of your stance on this subject.

Now, you may not want to put it out here on this thread for just anyone to read, so if that is the case, I ask you to send it in the form of a PM to me. I will not share it with anyone else for any reason, I just want to understand why you feel the way you do. I can only see two reasons that you would feel the way you do; firstly, that you want people to make a sacrifice to obtain this information, or secondly, that you don`t want the information proliferated. If these are incorrect, I kindly ask that you enlighten me.

As for Greater Magic, I do so love the Kaufman and Greenberg edition, even though I`ve owned 2 different versions of it, because of the affect it had on me as a young magician and because of the history I have with that particular version. I wish you luck in finding the books needed to restore your collection and others that you want to add to it for the first time, I hope you wish me and all others on the Cafť the same.
[quote] that you want people to make a sacrifice to obtain this information, or secondly, that you don`t want the information proliferated [/quote]

This can't be the case since there are 3 dvd volume on tricks that are in the Cardshark book (Cardshark DVD set), even the latest Darwin Ortiz Videoset (The Best of DVD set) has plenty of tricks from "At the Card Table" in it.
It is not up to magicfish to tell me that I need to make sacrifices. I make plenty of sacrifices, the tread is about a Cardshark reprint, I just shared the sentiment that I wouldn't mind a At the Card Table reprint (and clearly I am not the only one!)instead (because Cardshark was already reprinted once before).

I can see one more reason and that is that when a reprint kicks in, the value of a 1st edition copy drops. Imagine somebody paying 1000$ for a At the Card Table copy and then watching the price drop when a reprint kicks in. I am not making any judgement calls on this case, but I don't care if somebody did that. It happens to everyone and it has happened to me as well (Cardshark comes to mind, I paid 350$ + for it. Never again!).

Kind regards
[quote]
On 2013-07-22 04:48, Erdnase27 wrote:
[quote] that you want people to make a sacrifice to obtain this information, or secondly, that you don`t want the information proliferated [/quote]

This can't be the case since there are 3 dvd volume on tricks that are in the Cardshark book (Cardshark DVD set), even the latest Darwin Ortiz Videoset (The Best of DVD set) has plenty of tricks from "At the Card Table" in it.
It is not up to magicfish to tell me that I need to make sacrifices. I make plenty of sacrifices, the tread is about a Cardshark reprint, I just shared the sentiment that I wouldn't mind a At the Card Table reprint (and clearly I am not the only one!)instead (because Cardshark was already reprinted once before).

I can see one more reason and that is that when a reprint kicks in, the value of a 1st edition copy drops. Imagine somebody paying 1000$ for a At the Card Table copy and then watching the price drop when a reprint kicks in. I am not making any judgement calls on this case, but I don't care if somebody did that. It happens to everyone and it has happened to me as well (Cardshark comes to mind, I paid 350$ + for it. Never again!).

Kind regards
[/quote]
When and where did I post that you had to make sacrifices?
[quote]
On 2013-07-22 05:24, magicfish wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-07-22 04:48, Erdnase27 wrote:

Kind regards
[/quote]
When and where did I post that you had to make sacrifices?
[/quote]

Excuse me, I didn't meant to make it into an ad hominem towards you. I was purely speaking in a "hypothetical" matter. Nowhere did you say nor suggest anything like that. My english isn't that good and I should have taken more care before I posted that ofcourse ;)
I would buy either, but preferably cardsharp.
I would buy the book right away, if there was a reprint
Cardshark!!!

Maybe also a deluxe limited edition ;-)
At the Card Table for me. Please. :-)
I would like Cardshark to be reprinted. I will buy 2-3 copies when it comes around again.

Luke
I just thought I'd mention that, although I haven't posted much in this thread, I have kept abreast of everyone's comments. I appreciate the input.

Right now I'm leaning to toward reprinting [i]Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table[/i] next. However, as I mentioned earlier, I want to wait until my present book [i]Lessons in Card Mastery[/i] is closer to being sold out.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz

PS: [i]Lessons in Card Mastery[/i] is available directly from me.
Let not this deter you guys! I vote for Cardshark too. Itís my favourite Darwinís book. Iíd like to speed up the process by buying another copy of Lessons in Card Mastery but my funds have been a bit low for a while :(
CardShark is my favourite card magic book of all time. It deserves to be constantly in print!

Jamie
I am too for CardShark!
I have a copy for sale $110 shipped. PM Me
Please add me to the reprint list!
This one definitely need a reprint! I just sold one recently, but I will buy a new one for sure if a reprint is made. This is a must have!
Please add me to the list!

-Alex
Anyone have the latest on if Cardshark wiill be reprinted?
[quote]On Jun 20, 2015, jerry100won wrote:
Anyone have the latest on if Cardshark wiill be reprinted? [/quote]
I still don't know when this reprint will happen. Meanwhile, if you have a chance to pick up a copy at a good price, you might want to do so. (Not from me, however. I don't have any copies.)

Meanwhile, you can still order autographed copies of [i]Scams and Fantasies with Cards[/i] and [i]Lessons in Card Mastery[/i] directly from me. If interested, you can contact me at the email address below.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Darwin, thanks so much for letting us know. I will be on the lookout for a copy for sale.
Darwin,

When are you going to reprint [i]Ricardo's Card Artifice[/i] and can you explain why you published it under the pseudonym Frank Pemper?

Jason
Cardshark reprint or At the Card Table reprint? I can't choose, put me down for both!
[quote]On Jul 25, 2015, JasonEngland wrote:
Darwin,

When are you going to reprint [i]Ricardo's Card Artifice[/i] and can you explain why you published it under the pseudonym Frank Pemper?

Jason [/quote]
Jason, I'm not a violent man. But if you keep spreading these lies about me, I may have to put my black belt in gymkata to good use. You've been warned.
Darwin,

Jason [/quote]

Jason, I knew Frank Pemper from my youth. He's was a Milwaukee-based magician, who is NOT Ortiz. He used to do card magic and sold a version of a silver floating cube. Here is a link from Genii it that helps clear it up.
http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?t=4984

Mark
[quote]On Jul 31, 2015, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
Darwin,

Jason [/quote]
Jason, I'm not a violent man. But if you keep spreading these lies about me, I may have to put my black belt in gymkata to good use. You've been warned. [/quote]

I'm not sure who of the two is kidding....
[quote]On Aug 2, 2015, pierredan wrote:
Darwin,

Jason [/quote]
Jason, I'm not a violent man. But if you keep spreading these lies about me, I may have to put my black belt in gymkata to good use. You've been warned. [/quote]

I'm not sure who of the two is kidding.... [/quote]

likewise ... hmm ....
[quote]On Aug 2, 2015, pierredan wrote:
Darwin,

Jason [/quote]

I'm not sure who of the two is kidding.... [/quote]
This might provide a partial answer:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymkata

In any case, the whole thing is just an in-joke between Jason and myself.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Hello everybody,i sure hope I do not break any rules here but I want to say that I have doublets of both Cardshark and At the card table 1st editions in very good condition and I would be happy to sell them. I live in Sweden but it is no problem to send it to Usa.
[quote]On Sep 15, 2015, Jerry Danes wrote:
Hello everybody,i sure hope I do not break any rules here but I want to say that I have doublets of both Cardshark and At the card table 1st editions in very good condition and I would be happy to sell them. I live in Sweden but it is no problem to send it to Usa. [/quote]

Both books are sold now :-)
So that we can get this thread back on topic....

If there are [i]any[/i] of Darwin's books that you don't already own you should drop whatever else it is you're doing and PM him here on the Cafť to see if they're available directly from him. Some of them may be available, others will be out of print. If you can't get a particular title directly from Darwin, then it's okay to look to the secondary market (eBay, etc) unless he tells you that a reprint is forthcoming, in which case you should wait to get it directly from Darwin.

I've said this before at lectures but I'll repeat it here: All of Darwin's books are must-haves if you like modern card magic. It's as simple as that. Even if by some unfortunate miracle you don't care for any of his routines, you'll still learn a ton from studying his structure, design and presentational ideas. And while Darwin has a reputation for difficult sleight-of-hand, many (maybe even most) of his routines are well within the grasp of intermediate card workers. They're not all center deals and riffle stacking routines (though that would be sweet).

Furthermore, his "Performance Tips" and "Comments" or "Analysis" sections after each of his effects are fascinating and insightful. Hell, I'd pay good money for a book from Darwin of nothing but performance tips and analysis of [i]other people's[/i] routines! I'd love to hear what he had to say about Triumph, The Invisible Palm, The Travelers, Out of this World, etc. (Are you listening Darwin?)

In short, you owe it to yourself to keep an eye on this thread for news on upcoming reprints, and to watch for future Darwin Ortiz projects.

That is all.

Jason
[quote]On Sep 21, 2015, JasonEngland wrote:
Hell, I'd pay good money for a book from Darwin of nothing but performance tips and analysis of [i]other people's[/i] routines! I'd love to hear what he had to say about Triumph, The Invisible Palm, The Travelers, Out of this World, etc. (Are you listening Darwin?)[/quote]

I second that.
So that we can get this thread back on topic....

If there are [i]any[/i] of Darwin's books that you don't already own you should drop whatever else it is you're doing and PM him here on the Cafť to see if they're available directly from him. Some of them may be available, others will be out of print. If you can't get a particular title directly from Darwin, then it's okay to look to the secondary market (eBay, etc) [b]unless he tells you that a reprint is forthcoming, in which case you should wait to get it directly from Darwin[/b].
Jason [/quote]

I'm still hoping that Darwin is planning on reprinting [i]Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table[/i] next. That is the one I still need. I have the audio book of [i]Designing Miracles[/i], but I'd like to get a hard copy at a good price eventually.

Furthermore, his "Performance Tips" and "Comments" or "Analysis" sections after each of his effects are fascinating and insightful. Hell, I'd pay good money for a book from Darwin of nothing but performance tips and analysis of [i]other people's[/i] routines! I'd love to hear what he had to say about Triumph, The Invisible Palm, The Travelers, Out of this World, etc. (Are you listening Darwin?)
[/quote]

Darwin gets into some of this in [i]Designing Miracles[/i], it is fascinating stuff. I believe it is how I first learned about Ron Wilson. But yeah, I love this. Ken Weber also touches on this with other people's presentations in [i]Maximum Entertainment.[/i] I enjoy both aspects and wish there was more of this out there.

[quote]On Aug 5, 2014, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
I just thought I'd mention that, although I haven't posted much in this thread, I have kept abreast of everyone's comments. I appreciate the input.

Right now I'm leaning to toward reprinting [i]Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table[/i] next. However, as I mentioned earlier, I want to wait until my present book [i]Lessons in Card Mastery[/i] is closer to being sold out.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz

PS: [i]Lessons in Card Mastery[/i] is available directly from me. [/quote]

It's been over a year since this was posted and I'm still hoping this is the case. *fingers crossed*
[quote]On Sep 21, 2015, Uli Weigel wrote:
Hell, I'd pay good money for a book from Darwin of nothing but performance tips and analysis of [i]other people's[/i] routines! I'd love to hear what he had to say about Triumph, The Invisible Palm, The Travelers, Out of this World, etc. (Are you listening Darwin?)[/quote]

I second that. [/quote]
Since Out of This World was mentioned, I'll point out that I wrote an essay consisting of just such performance tips and analysis of Out of This World. It appears in [i]Best of All Worlds[/i]. (I expect that most magicians will disagree.)

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
I would love to get my hands on At the card table and Cardshark! Lessons in card mastery is absolutely one of the best books I've ever read. I was contemplating about paying 200$ on ebay for At the card table , happy that it might be reprinted.
[quote]On Oct 27, 2015, Selvan Vishal wrote:
I would love to get my hands on At the card table and Cardshark! Lessons in card mastery is absolutely one of the best books I've ever read. I was contemplating about paying 200$ on ebay for At the card table , happy that it might be reprinted. [/quote]
Hi Selvan,

I don't mean to encourage anyone to pay high prices for my books. However, I must tell you that [i]Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table[/i] won't be reprinted anytime soon.

In the meantime, [i]Scams and Fantasies with Cards[/i] is still in print. I can almost guarantee that you'll like it every bit as much as [i]Lessons in Card Mastery[/i]. (If you can't find it at your dealer's, you can order an autographed copy directly from me.)

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
An autographed copy of Scams and Fantasies would rock my world. I'll try and find if I have someone returning from USA or order it from you when I do come there as I'm in India currently and I don't trust the way customs are handled here, it's a big hassle.
So, At the card table won't be reprinted soon, and the same for Cardshark?
[quote]On Sep 23, 2015, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
[quote]On Sep 21, 2015, Uli Weigel wrote:

I second that. [/quote]
Since Out of This World was mentioned, I'll point out that I wrote an essay consisting of just such performance tips and analysis of Out of This World. It appears in [i]Best of All Worlds[/i]. (I expect that most magicians will disagree.)

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz [/quote]

This was a great essay! Really made me rethink and reconsider what I thought was a flaw with the traditional Out of This World routine. Thanks Darwin.
Since Cardshark is out of print, I'm waiting for the Spanish translation of it, "Tahur", from 'Paginas' in Spain. I think it's the best second thing to have, if the original in English is not available...

http://www.librosdemagia.com/catalogo/ver/53325-tahur.html
A copy is up for sale here for a $160.00:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=604436&forum=78

It doesn't come with a shark cage...
[quote]On Dec 6, 2015, luigimar wrote:
Since Cardshark is out of print, I'm waiting for the Spanish translation of it, "Tahur", from 'Paginas' in Spain. I think it's the best second thing to have, if the original in English is not available...

http://www.librosdemagia.com/catalogo/ver/53325-tahur.html [/quote]
Thanks for drawing attention to this. Paginas is a great company to work with. They have already done Spanish editions of [i]Strong Magic[/i] ([i]La Buena Magia[/i]) and [i]Designing Miracles[/i] ([i]Deseno de Milagros[/i]). I'm sure that Laura Aviles has done just as great a job with [i]Cardshark/Tahur[/i].

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz

PS: Necro555, I'm glad you liked the essay on Out of this World.
Strong Magic seems to be out of stock everywhere. Will it be reprinted and stocked once again ? I really hope so. I got the Designing Miracles audiobook and it was the best thing I have listened to during my commute.
[quote]On Dec 11, 2015, Selvan Vishal wrote:
Strong Magic seems to be out of stock everywhere. Will it be reprinted and stocked once again ? I really hope so. I got the Designing Miracles audiobook and it was the best thing I have listened to during my commute. [/quote]
[i]Strong Magic[/i] is officially out of print. However, the book goes to the printer this week. (This will be the 11th printing.)

When the book comes back from the printer, the price will be $50. Meanwhile, however, I have six or seven copies here. If you order directly from me, you can still order at the old price of $45 plus shipping until those copies are gone. (See my email address below.)

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz

PS: Selvan, I'm glad you liked the audio book.
I'm really glad it's coming back. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I got Strong Magic, such a great book. I thoroughly enjoy everything you have put out, I can't express how amazing your work is to me. The amount of thought and all the subtleties employed fills me with awe. I would really love to get At the card table and Cardshark , so I went around searching on Amazon and ebay and found that the starting prices were a tad high for me at the moment and then I found that there had been a reprint of cardshark in 2007. This broke me, I missed the reprint!(Wasn't even into card magic at that time)
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Feb 21, 2016 07:09PM)
My vote
It now price as total $359.25 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cardshark-Darwin-Ortiz-VG-VG-HB-1995-First-W-/132017866619?hash=item1ebce0c77b:g:A1AAAOSwiONYPKjd
They can ask whatever price they want on eBay but it doesn't mean anyone will buy it. The sell prices are more relevant. In Oct. a copy sold for $86 and a couple of days ago another sold for $160.

-Brian
This book is awesome. And there is a lot of them regularly on the second market.
One of my all time favourite card books. I still vote no ;)
Yes, yes, yes!
Really liked Darwin's Cardshark DVD's,
So voting YES for pages made of trees. :D

Brian
You spoke. I listened.

At long last, I can announce that [i]Cardshark[/i] is heading back to the printer.

More details to follow.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
:dancing:
This is great news.
Fantastic news!

Mike
Sigh
That is great to hear Darwin subscribing to this post so I don;t miss it.
Awwww yesssss!
The book went to the printer yesterday. I don't have a ship date yet, but I doubt that it will take more than five or six weeks.

Some friendly advice: once this small printing in sold out I have no plans to reprint the book again. So if you want a copy, now is the time to get it.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
How to buy/pre-order?
[quote]On Apr 2, 2017, shakuni wrote:
How to buy/pre-order? [/quote]
As soon as I have a ship date from the printer, I'll start accepting pre-orders.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Thanks!
Amazing news!
Any idea of a price Darwin?
The new printing of [I]Cardshark[/I] will retail for $55.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Thanks Darwin, that's a bargain!
I just heard from the printer. They are estimating that the project will be completed about May 8th. Obviously this could change, but probably not by much.

If anyone would like to advance-order an autographed copy, email me at the address below and I'll send you a PayPal invoice.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Wow, great news Darwin! Email sent :)
Will it be available at retailers? Thanks.
[quote]On Apr 19, 2017, shakuni wrote:
Will it be available at retailers? Thanks. [/quote]
Yes, [i]Cardshark[/i] will be available from dealers. The only advantage of pre-ordering directly from me is receiving a personally inscribed, autographed copy.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Thanks Sir, one last question. Do you plan to reprint 'At the Card Table' in near future? Thanks!
[quote]On Apr 21, 2017, shakuni wrote:
Thanks Sir, one last question. Do you plan to reprint 'At the Card Table' in near future? Thanks! [/quote]
I may consider the possibility of reprinting [i]Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table[/i] after this new printing of [i]Cardshark[/i] sells out. But not before.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Thanks Sir!
Pages made from trees... and a yes from Darwin Ortiz. :)

I shall type my credit card numbers with ease.

Brian
[quote]On Apr 24, 2017, B. Edwards wrote:
Pages made from trees... and a yes from Darwin Ortiz. :)

I shall type my credit card numbers with ease.

Brian [/quote]
Is that a haiku?
[quote]On Apr 27, 2017, Darwin Ortiz wrote:

Is that a haiku? [/quote]

No sir. It's a rhyme with no particular structure or effort on my part. It's a... Bri-ku! :lol:

Looking forward to the Cardshark reprint.

Lefty's rule! ;)

Brian
Hi, is it available now? Thanks.
[quote]On May 13, 2017, shakuni wrote:
Hi, is it available now? Thanks. [/quote]
Hi Shakuni,

The printer ran into some unforeseen problems reproducing the dust jacket and that has set things back. Fortunately, it's finally all sorted out.

The new completion date is June 5th. At that point it will take another week or so for copies to be in my hands. I'll start mailing out orders as soon as they arrive.

I apologize for the delay.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Thanks, Sir.
This is one of my favorite card books ever. I'm always a little troubled when something that I own gets reprinted but the fact is, this is a book that should be continuously in print. For the gambling material alone, if you don't already have the book - get it! You are in for a real treat!
[quote]On May 16, 2017, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
[quote]On May 13, 2017, shakuni wrote:
Hi, is it available now? Thanks. [/quote]
Hi Shakuni,

The printer ran into some unforeseen problems reproducing the dust jacket and that has set things back. Fortunately, it's finally all sorted out.

The new completion date is June 5th. At that point it will take another week or so for copies to be in my hands. I'll start mailing out orders as soon as they arrive.

I apologize for the delay.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz [/quote]

Clearly, the problem here was the "dust" jacket. It should have been a "leather" jacket. :bg:

Brian
I just heard from the printer yesterday that [i]Cardshark[/i] will be shipping this Monday. Keep in mind, however, that it will take an additional week for copies to reach my hands. As soon as they do, I'll start signing and mailing.

Meanwhile, anyone else who wants to order an autographed copy can email me at the address below.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
[quote]On Jun 3, 2017, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
I just heard from the printer yesterday that [i]Cardshark[/i] will be shipping this Monday. Keep in mind, however, that it will take an additional week for copies to reach my hands. As soon as they do, I'll start signing and mailing.

Meanwhile, anyone else who wants to order an autographed copy can email me at the address below.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz [/quote]

Excellent news!

I believe a selection of dancing produce is in order. :banana: :carrot: :cucumber: :pepper:

Brian
Just received my copy of Cardshark today! I'm a happy guy.

Thanks, Darwin!
Just ordered my copy last night!!! Very excited....
My copy arrived today. Thank you, Darwin! :D

Brian
I just want to let everyone know that almost all of the orders will have gone out by the end of this week. I'm mailing them out in the order in which they were received. A few of the most recent orders may have to wait until Monday to go out.

I still have a few copies here in case anyone is interested.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Mine arrived a few days ago ... Thanks Darwin !
Mine arrived here in the U.K.
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Jun 22, 2017 07:55PM)
Thanks so much for reprinting this, Darwin. Very pleased with my new book!
[quote]On Jun 22, 2017, Pasteboard Alchemist wrote:
Thanks so much for reprinting this, Darwin. Very pleased with my new book! [/quote]
Thanks to everyone who ordered a copy. It was your support that made it practical for me to proceed with this project.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
I just ordered one this week and can't believe this day has come.

Thanks Darwin for the early gift and for your great and everlasting contributions to the magic community.
Darwin,

On behalf of everyone here: Please reprint At the Card Table next! I promise the demand will be overwhelming.

Best,
Kevin
[quote]On Jun 26, 2017, KevinKM99 wrote:
Darwin,

On behalf of everyone here: Please reprint At the Card Table next! I promise the demand will be overwhelming.

Best,
Kevin [/quote]

I second that!
Received my copy and an effect I had heard about but now can study is "Time Piece". With a little investment and work I will be on my way to a great theatrical routine.
Right now we should wait for Darwin's next book :)
[i]Cardshark[/i] is now officially out of print. You should still be able to find copies at dealers for a couple of months. But when they're gone, that's it. There are no more copies in the warehouse.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
[quote]On Jul 18, 2019, Darwin Ortiz wrote:
[i]Cardshark[/i] is now officially out of print. You should still be able to find copies at dealers for a couple of months. But when they're gone, that's it. There are no more copies in the warehouse.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz [/quote]

"I may consider the possibility of reprinting Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table after this new printing of Cardshark sells out. But not before."

Can I get a pre-order ? :D

Brian